Citi Merchant Offers

Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by That_Guy_0001
Is merchant offers still not available to all cards? I thought Citi decided to give everyone access to merchant offers like a month ago. Previously my custom cash and rewards+ didn't have any access to merchant offers and then some time last month both cards have access to merchant offers. Even the benefits page had a new entry saying both cards have access to merchant offers.

I recently applied for a new Double Cash since I didn't have a 2% card. To my surprise, the double cash didn't have access to merchant offers. The merchant offer page for my custom cash and rewards+ shows up, but for my double cash it is completely blank (even in the app, it says error retrieving offers). The card benefits page for the double cash also doesn't say anything about merchant offers. Is anyone else having no merchant offers on new cards as well?
Both my Custom Cash and Double Cash have a similar but not identical number of offers. The Custom Cash is only 2 months old at this point. I'd give it another month or so and likely offers will show up for your new card.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by cjw2001
Both my Custom Cash and Double Cash have a similar but not identical number of offers. The Custom Cash is only 2 months old at this point. I'd give it another month or so and likely offers will show up for your new card.
Thanks for the info. That is good to know that your Custom Cash got access to merchant offers after 2 months. Hopefully my new Double Cash has access by the time it is 2 months old as well. This whole merchant offers section feels so glitchy like it is still in beta or something.

I've been using it for the 5% Sam's club offer on my Custom Cash. It registered the transactions in store, but not Sam's Club gas pumps outside. So I thought it only applied to in store purchases. After 3-4 gas purchases from Sam's Club, all of a sudden the offer registered my last gas purchase last week. This is all from buying gas at the same Sam's Club and even the transactions registered as automated gas dispensers as normal. This is confusing, but I'll take what I can get.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by That_Guy_0001
Thanks for the info. That is good to know that your Custom Cash got access to merchant offers after 2 months. Hopefully my new Double Cash has access by the time it is 2 months old as well. This whole merchant offers section feels so glitchy like it is still in beta or something.

I've been using it for the 5% Sam's club offer on my Custom Cash. It registered the transactions in store, but not Sam's Club gas pumps outside. So I thought it only applied to in store purchases. After 3-4 gas purchases from Sam's Club, all of a sudden the offer registered my last gas purchase last week. This is all from buying gas at the same Sam's Club and even the transactions registered as automated gas dispensers as normal. This is confusing, but I'll take what I can get.
The 5% Sams offer fine print excludes gas stations (among other things). So if you got 5% on gas that was an error and as you said take what you can get.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:57 am

Anyone know who I can call to get merchant offer redemptions credited. Multiple Uber purchases over the past 3 months have not been credited for me.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Anyone have experience with merchant offer clawbacks? I had paid for Uber Eats with a Citi Premier card, but then switched to another card that had it’s Uber offer expiring sooner. The $39.95 charge posted and was refunded, but I ended up getting the $10 merchant credit anyway on both the Premier and the other card.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by jags86
Anyone have experience with merchant offer clawbacks? I had paid for Uber Eats with a Citi Premier card, but then switched to another card that had its Uber offer expiring sooner. The $39.95 charge posted and was refunded, but I ended up getting the $10 merchant credit anyway on both the Premier and the other card.
They didn't clawback my levi's cashback when I returned an item. Albeit it was only about $1 cashback.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Anyone know who I can call to get merchant offer redemptions credited. Multiple Uber purchases over the past 3 months have not been credited for me.
I am in the same boat... and not just Uber either...
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:56 pm

Has anyone triggered a citi merchant offer credit by paying with a citi card in Apple Pay?

There’s an offer for using the Exxon app and one of the payment options is Apple Pay. I have the offer on multiple cards but it’s not possible to add a card to exxon more than 3 times in 30 days. If credits can be triggered through Apple Pay too, then I can use that to swap out cards.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:47 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by rrgg
Has anyone triggered a citi merchant offer credit by paying with a citi card in Apple Pay?

Theres an offer for using the Exxon app and one of the payment options is Apple Pay. I have the offer on multiple cards but its not possible to add a card to exxon more than 3 times in 30 days. If credits can be triggered through Apple Pay too, then I can use that to swap out cards.
I am waiting for an offer that I redeemed via Google Pay to credit. I imagine Apple Pay would be similar.

LAX
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by rrgg

Theres an offer for using the Exxon app and one of the payment options is Apple Pay. I have the offer on multiple cards but its not possible to add a card to exxon more than 3 times in 30 days. If credits can be triggered through Apple Pay too, then I can use that to swap out cards.
Yes this works fine
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:08 am

Does anyone else no longer see any of these merchant offers? I only have the DC with Citi and the only offers I see are for Citi products
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:20 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I see offers using this link from a recent email: https://online.citi.com/US/ag/merchantoffers
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:09 pm

Try web browser or mobile. I noticed sometimes on mobile the offers don't load. Assume it's their crappy IT.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It’s quite amusing to see some no-fee Citi cards effectively more than pay for themselves via some of these merchant offers. For example. the Citi Rewards+ cards with the c. $10 back offers for Uber rides costing $10. My Uber registered offers all paid out very quickly.

It’s probably a safe bet to assume that most of those Citi accounts with such offers on deck probably rarely or never register for these offers and thus may be leaving money on the table when they need not do so.

Registering for the offers on the Citi iOS app seems to go smoothly, once you realize how to quickly find them.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by cerps343
Does anyone else no longer see any of these merchant offers? I only have the DC with Citi and the only offers I see are for Citi products
I'm not seeing any merchant offers for my DC as well on the website and the app.

I got the DC back in June. When I first got it, my DC didn't show any merchant offers. Then one month later in July, it started showing some merchant offers, but it wasn't similar to my Custom Cash or Rewards+'s merchant offers. My CC and R+ showed merchant offers in different categories such as travel, dining, shoping, etc. My DC didn't have that, all it's merchant offers showed was a generic category of offers mostly populated by offers that were in the "shopping" category of my other cards. Now in August, my DC is also no longer showing any merchant offers at all. Maybe Citi is messing around in the background and updating the DC's merchant offer selections to be similar to the CC and R+?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.