Citi Merchant Offers

Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Daniel2000
You can get $10 credit 4 times for sure, as long as there are Uber charges on your card on 4 DIFFERENT DAYS.

Remember, the most tricky part for Citi merchant offers is, any offers can only be triggered once per day per card.
I got credit for 2 Sam's Club charges on same card, same day. I also got $10 credit for Uber charges that are less than $10.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by voodoogirl
Guess I'll be calling about the $20 Total Wine one. They are so bad compared to Chase and Amex with these offers.
Did a chat and for a purchase made on Oct 29th, said they could see that the offer was completed successfully and should post in the December statement. Still nothing, but I have had offers post without having to wait on a statement close. 2 Sams Club offers posted on my Prestige card 4 days after completion.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:04 am

You can get $10 credit 4 times for sure, as long as there are Uber charges on your card on 4 DIFFERENT DAYS.

Remember, the most tricky part for Citi merchant offers is, any offers can only be triggered once per day per card.
Don't know this rule. Just did 2x Best buy at the same day with the same card. Will see whether I can receive 2 credits.

Update: I did 2x Best buy transactions (back to back) at 11/22/2022, received 2x $15 credit 12/05/2022.
jinu11 likes this.

Last edited by bulletin2007; Dec 10, 2022 at 9:50 am
Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:38 pm

I have not found this to be true, I took 3 Uber riders on the same day, few days later my Citi merchant offers reflected $30 for earnings to date (first time I've used a Citi merchant offer), however under redeemed, it did only show the date and $10 earned, so those data points were conflicting. When my statement closed, I indeed had $10 x 3 credits applied to my account, so successfully used the same offer 3 times on the same day. Also, 2 of my 3 rides were under $10 and still got credit, which makes sense since the offer says nothing about a minimum spend for Uber offer.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:52 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Can I use CVS offer multiple times? It's 1.5% back, no limit. I used it once, want to use it again.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum

Update: I had 2 Uber rides in one day last month - both got the $10 credit.

Also, Uber rides can be under $10 to trigger the credit. I had a $8.75 ride and it triggered the full $10 credit.
jinu11 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by hightide
Update: I had 2 Uber rides in one day last month - both got the $10 credit.

Also, Uber rides can be under $10 to trigger the credit. I had a $8.75 ride and it triggered the full $10 credit.
Not only that but I had two different charged from UBER for the same ride (one for the ride, one for the tip which I added a little later) - both got the $10 back (the ride itself was short so the tip was way less than $10).
hightide, MaxVO and jinu11 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 9:55 am

For Citi offer at Bestbuy, can I buy best buy gift cards at store and still get the credit? I know the Terms exclude best buy gift card. But I think it might be due to the best buy egc at Bestbuy.com is sold by cashstar. So to make things simple, the terms exclude best buy gift card.
If we buy best buy gift card in-store, Citi might not know what items we buy, and it's still possible to get the credit? Anyone has dp?
Old Dec 10, 2022, 10:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bulletin2007
For Citi offer at Bestbuy, can I buy best buy gift cards at store and still get the credit? I know the Terms exclude best buy gift card. But I think it might be due to the best buy egc at Bestbuy.com is sold by cashstar. So to make things simple, the terms exclude best buy gift card.
If we buy best buy gift card in-store, Citi might not know what items we buy, and it's still possible to get the credit? Anyone has dp?
Don't BestBuy purchases returned with gift receipts mean that the following applies for in-store returns?

Originally Posted by BestBuy.com
"We will provide you store credit for the purchase price of a gift you return in store."
Sounds like if going with a guest receipt for a returnable (non-gift card) purchase at BestBuy, the BestBuy Citi/Mastercard merchant offer could be a way to end up with Citi/MC-funded BestBuy store funds good toward a future BestBuy purchase.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 9:54 am

Redeemed 5 Times - Limit Question

Regarding the Sams 5% offer, the T&C state it can be redeemed a maximum of 5 times.

Is that 5 times ever with a single card? Or 5 times per offer period, with each offer ending on a specific date, re-starting again with the next offer period? Also, when the 5 times is maxed out on one card, can you use another card that received the same offer, or is it per person?

THANKS!
Old Dec 17, 2022, 3:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Regarding the Sam’s 5% offer, the T&C state it can be redeemed a maximum of 5 times.

Is that 5 times ever with a single card? Or 5 times per offer period, with each offer ending on a specific date, re-starting again with the next offer period? Also, when the 5 times is maxed out on one card, can you use another card that received the same offer, or is it per person?

THANKS!
It’s up to five times per each offer-registered card account (number) when the transaction is completed within the offer period. [Make sure to register for each offer on each card prior to making the transactions,]

For example, if having an Uber offer showing on a Rewards+ account and also on a Premier account, then registering for the offer on each of the two card accounts allows for getting the credit when the Uber transaction is charged to the Rewards+ account and again when a Uber transaction is charged to the Premier account.
miles4sheli likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:08 am

Missing credit

I had a $10 of $20+ offer for BPme this summer which didn't ever credit on my $25+ purchase. I called today, and the agent at first said it had expired without meeting the minimum spend, and he then confirmed the charge was at least the minimum. After being on hold for several minutes why he researched why, he came back and claimed I needed to talk with BP because it was a merchant offer. I pushed back as it's clearly in Citi's system and asked to talk to a supervisor eventually. He placed me on hold for that, and after several minutes came back and credited me a $10 "good customer" (don't remember the exact words) credit because he "wasn't able to help with the other".

So...in the end I got my $10, but also it seems like Citi is really struggling with this merchant offers platform.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:43 am

Same with summer purchases on Uber One and Giftcards.com. Called every month and Citi claims I didn't register even though I have screen shots, or that they filed a case, or I need to wait for the next statement, or didn't meet the terms when I obviously did, or they misread the benefit to me, or other nonsense.

Last edited by rrgg; May 30, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
...Citi customer since the 90s ...
At least one thing at Citi has not changed in all these decades -- it's their "Hold" muzak.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 12:24 pm

5 Times

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It’s up to five times per each offer-registered card account (number) when the transaction is completed within the offer period. [Make sure to register for each offer on each card prior to making the transactions,]....
Thanks! I have used this offer 5 times, but in different enrollment periods. Now that a new Enrollment Period has started, I assume that I am okay to enroll again using the same card and I can take advantage of the offer up to 5 times this enrollment period, even though I have used it 5 times in the past during different enrollment periods. Correct?
Thanks so much!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.