Citi Merchant Offers

Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, United Silver, AA Platinum
Paid $5 to Turbo Tax today, let's see if I can trigger the $10 Turbo Tax offer.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by zxybazh
Which package of TT sells for $5? I didn't see that price on TurboTax.com.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, United Silver, AA Platinum
A target offer for some fidelity users on the premier version.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by zxybazh
Credit posted for both cards yesterday.
willoL likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does Citi Premier have these, too? I can never find them. Hoping for a Starbucks offer, but even so, not sure if it can be used internationally.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 5:45 am

I have several Viator offers I would like to try to use, does anyone know if they are single transactions only or do multiple add together for it?
Old Jan 21, 2023, 6:21 pm

Yes I can see offers for Citi Premier.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:29 pm

I signed up for the Citibank BestBuy offer for $15 off $150 at BestBuy and on 12/6/22 made a $165 purchase at Bestbuy.com (a single invoice). I was surprised (on seeing my credit card bill -- which closed on 12/7) to see two separate charges, both from 12/6, one for $140 and one for $25. I was concerned this would not trigger the offer -- so I called Citibank. Customer Service assured me the two separate charges would not affect eligibility for the offer.

Once my January statement closed with no $15 credit -- I again contacted Citibank. They said they would investigate. Today I received the following explanation:

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you

I, of course, have no such copies as the offer was entirely on-line and disappears once expired. This whole thing is not worth my time (or another phone call) but I'm infuriated by the bait-and-switch nature of these offers. Any ideas as to a proper response?
Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by BostonAndy
I signed up for the Citibank BestBuy offer for $15 off $150 at BestBuy and on 12/6/22 made a $165 purchase at Bestbuy.com (a single invoice). I was surprised (on seeing my credit card bill -- which closed on 12/7) to see two separate charges, both from 12/6, one for $140 and one for $25. I was concerned this would not trigger the offer -- so I called Citibank. Customer Service assured me the two separate charges would not affect eligibility for the offer.

Once my January statement closed with no $15 credit -- I again contacted Citibank. They said they would investigate. Today I received the following explanation:

Our records do not indicate you were solicited for the offer you mentioned. Please send a copy of the front and back of the offer you received. Once we receive this information, we will review your account and contact you

I, of course, have no such copies as the offer was entirely on-line and disappears once expired. This whole thing is not worth my time (or another phone call) but I'm infuriated by the bait-and-switch nature of these offers. Any ideas as to a proper response?
Received a similar response from them. I have stopped using Citi Merchant Offers. Have no idea where Id send them the offer as well if I had it. Just given up on the credit.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by BostonAndy

That is unfortunate. This is why I'm paranoid about ordering multiple items sometimes. The merchant might split up the payment into multiple transactions, which screws me over for completing offers that require minimum spending met on a single transaction. This is why I would rather buy a single $150 Best Buy gift card to make sure it shows up as a single transaction and then use the gift card to buy whatever else I want.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 11:47 am

What is the best method to contact Citi about merchant offers that failed to trigger? I got the Circle K 10% off fuel offer on 3 cards. Made $35+ purchases a few times more than a month ago, still nothing. The offer still shows under "Enrolled," it has not moved to "Redeemed."

Circle K Fuel 10% back
Expires on Apr 30, 2023 | 20 days left
OFFER DETAILS
Earn 10% back on a purchase of $35 or more.
wolfie79 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 12:53 pm

I've stopped using it. It hasn't been reliable for me. I had something similar with Uber and Shell, saved the offer, used the offer, it never went to redeemed and on contacting they sent me a letter saying no offer was saved to your account. It just feels like a poorly baked feature that was rushed out and I've stopped using it.
wolfie79 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 3:53 pm

Well, the support for Citi Merchant offers is officially still terrible. Just getting through to a live person was a 10 min ordeal. It's like talking to a demented wall. "Speak to agent" ... "Tell me why you're calling before I connect you to an agent" - "Merchant Offers" .. "I think you said Balance Transfer offers, is that right?" ... "No" ... "Tell me why you're calling" ... "Agent" ... "Tell me why you're calling before I connect you to an agent" ... "Missing merchant offer credit" ... "I think you said Increase credit limit, is that right?" ... "No" etc etc etc.

I finally got through to a US based live rep, she was very professional but clearly unfamiliar with "Merchant offers." At one point she wanted to transfer me to "ThankYou point" support but I stopped her and explained that Merchant offers has nothing to do with TY points. She was going through her system, looking for solutions, she even read some of the options on her screen out loud, there was nothing remotely helpful in there. I actually feel for the reps. Their support system sucks. Eventually she went to her supervisor who manually issued the credit. 30 mins wasted. Unreal. I think I will stay away from this nonsense from now on. It's just not worth the time spent.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
No thanks

I was on the Citi site and saw some new merchant offers and thought hmm maybe they fixed it and I'll try going for some of them. Had only negative experiences in the beginning so stopped even looking at it.

Then I come in this thread and read all the frustrating stories. Hmm maybe not. I'll stick with BoA, Chase, and Amex offers. Dear Citi, are you listening? (crickets) Guess not. Something is obviously broken but they don't care to fix it I guess.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by mrkymark
I was on the Citi site and saw some new merchant offers and thought hmm maybe they fixed it and I'll try going for some of them. Had only negative experiences in the beginning so stopped even looking at it.

Then I come in this thread and read all the frustrating stories. Hmm maybe not. I'll stick with BoA, Chase, and Amex offers. Dear Citi, are you listening? (crickets) Guess not. Something is obviously broken but they don't care to fix it I guess.
...because nobody is popping in here to tell you of all the success they've had. It's like every product review but without the paid 5 star affiliates. I've done hundreds of successful merchant offers over the last year. Maybe 4 times have I had something not track. More often than that tho, I get a double credit. I don't want Citi to touch this, it's the best. Meanwhile I can't get a piddly 2.5% CVS offer to track at Chase. Good riddance.
Blackheath and TGarza like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.