Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:32 am

Visa signature and Visa gold

I applied for the visa signature hilton card. I got approved for the visa gold hilton card. Does anyone know if that makes me not valid for the bonus to apply and be approved for the visa signature in less than 18 months
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by newbelle0522
I applied for the visa signature hilton card. I got approved for the visa gold hilton card. Does anyone know if that makes me not valid for the bonus to apply and be approved for the visa signature in less than 18 months
I don't know that we have any relevant anecdotes, but the express language of the 18-month proviso refers only to prior opening/closing of Visa Signature cards.

If you're feeling adventurous and/or lucky, wait for the necessary 8 days (or 65 days, if you have multiple recent Citi apps) and then apply again.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by LWT3
This thread is dead. The HH churn was the least loved among Citi churns, but I miss it just the same.
It's true that 50k HH points are worth only a fraction of 50k AA miles or 50k Citi TY points. But the HH cards required only $1k spend, not $3k or $5k. For people like me who don't MS, that made it feasible to churn the HH card several times a year while churning the bigger cards fewer times per year. I would happily jump back on the treadmill with HH cards if Citi offers them without the 18 month eligibility constraint again.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Any data points on requesting a bonus match to the current 75k? I got the 60k version a few months ago. Have done this with Chase but not Citi.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:18 am

Upgrade to GOLD

Any one has a data point on this?

One of the benefit as per the terms for City Hilton Honors Visa is

"Enjoy HHonors Silver status, with fast-track to HHonors Gold status
after 4 stays within your first 90 days of account opening or when you make $20,000 or more in purchases each calendar year1"

Anyone got their status upgrated to GOLD after completing 4 stays within the first 90 days?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by funwizard
Any one has a data point on this?

One of the benefit as per the terms for City Hilton Honors Visa is

"Enjoy HHonors Silver status, with fast-track to HHonors Gold status
after 4 stays within your first 90 days of account opening or when you make $20,000 or more in purchases each calendar year1"

Anyone got their status upgrated to GOLD after completing 4 stays within the first 90 days?
There are other ways to get status upgraded to GOLD after completing 4 stays within the first 90 days:
Many people have experience with those other flavors. I haven't heard of people mentioning yet that they've done it specifically through the HH Visa version, which has only been available for a relatively short time IIRC.

There's obviously more timing flexibility by doing another version where you pick the time to start, independent of when you got a particular credit card, than doing one whose timing is tied to opening of a credit card.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:44 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by italdesign
Any data points on requesting a bonus match to the current 75k? I got the 60k version a few months ago. Have done this with Chase but not Citi.
No go. Requested it on 2 of our churn teams cards. From the 50K to 75K. Applied the Sunday before the Tuesday 75K offer came out. Got the letters this week. Said we weren't targeted.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Preacher7
No go. Requested it on 2 of our churn teams cards. From the 50K to 75K. Applied the Sunday before the Tuesday 75K offer came out. Got the letters this week. Said we weren't targeted.
Ditto. Oh well. Worth a shot.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: AOPA
I just canceled the reserve card, and the gold status from the card should lasts until next feb. does anyone know if I apply the HH Hilton card with the sliver status, would I be downgraded from gold to sliver, or would the gold stay on until next feb?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
I just canceled the reserve card, and the gold status from the card should lasts until next feb. does anyone know if I apply the HH Hilton card with the sliver status, would I be downgraded from gold to sliver, or would the gold stay on until next feb?

Thanks
Reports are that you lose gold a few days after canceling the reserve card.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by teddy25

Thanks
Originally Posted by Superorb
I have never had a reserve card but I find it interesting that the gold status goes away when you cancel the card but Gold Status the Amex Surpass can last a year after cancellation
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Mine lasted 10 months until I got my next Reserve. Never lost the Gold.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
That sounds more like it or at least for the Surpass Card. My fiance cancelled her Surpass 4 months ago and is still gold until March 2017 according to her card.

No idea if it will last until 2017 but it lasted 4 months ( so far) as we used the Gold benefits last week

Mine expires March 2016 and I also used the Gold benefits last week and i cancelled my Surpass 10 months ago
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
One of the bloggers reported the cancellation quickly after canceling the card, but they might have just taken the word of a phone agent. And I never trust phone agents, especially Citi phone agents. The longer it lasts the better though.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
One of the bloggers reported the cancellation quickly after canceling the card, but they might have just taken the word of a phone agent. And I never trust phone agents, especially Citi phone agents. The longer it lasts the better though.
95% of the bloggers don't know what they're talking about. Even IHG Plat and Carlson Gold stay intact for quite awhile. It's likely until the beginning of the following calendar year around Feb where most status checks restart, but what do I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.