Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by beltway
The link for the 75K (but not $75K) offer is in the wiki.
Thanks, but I was more interested in the $75K offer.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by IDM79
Thanks, but I was more interested in the $75K offer.
That one's available here.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Deeply disappointed.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by IDM79
Deeply disappointed.
Haha - love it! I am waiting it out for the next 100K link.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
and nope, sent SM, Citi won't match the 75K offer because it is a "targeted" offer. Those who applied for the 60K and 50K recently are out of luck.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by neutralist
and nope, sent SM, Citi won't match the 75K offer because it is a "targeted" offer. Those who applied for the 60K and 50K recently are out of luck.
We'll see, won't we? Applied on the 4th for the 50K offer. Got the card yesterday, and before activating it, called in to request a match to the 75K offer. CSR put in a request and seemed like she'd done it before with positive results. Should know in about a week, she said.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
We'll see, won't we? Applied on the 4th for the 50K offer. Got the card yesterday, and before activating it, called in to request a match to the 75K offer. CSR put in a request and seemed like she'd done it before with positive results. Should know in about a week, she said.
The 50k offer died on the 5th. The 75k offer appeared a day or two later. Even if you do get it matched, that may be a special case of your timing (applying so late that you may have been approved or at least had your card mailed after the 75k offer already existed).

So even if it works for you, that doesn't necessarily mean it would work for people who applied earlier (and already had their 50k card in the mail or even in the hand by the time the 75k offer appeared).
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
Applied yesterday. Instant approval. This is my 1st Citi HHonors VISA. I am going to get hubby one before the promo ends on August 31st.

Although there was a devaluation on Hilton points, we do family travel and tend to stay in 20k redemption rooms so we can get a lot out of 75k per person.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by pugsley21
Applied yesterday. Instant approval. This is my 1st Citi HHonors VISA. I am going to get hubby one before the promo ends on August 31st.

Although there was a devaluation on Hilton points, we do family travel and tend to stay in 20k redemption rooms so we can get a lot out of 75k per person.
You probably know this, but there are two Citi cards and two Amex cards that give HH points. Each company has a no-fee version and a version with an annual fee. Something to consider for the future.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
Originally Posted by LWT3
You probably know this, but there are two Citi cards and two Amex cards that give HH points. Each company has a no-fee version and a version with an annual fee. Something to consider for the future.
Yes, I did know that but thanks for the tip! We are both going to get the AMX versions in a few months (don't want too many pulls on my credit). I want to knock out the 75k bonus cards first.

Thanks again!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:19 pm

I had a Citi AAdvantage card, which I "converted" to this Citi HHonors Visa about a month ago. New account number, but I did not get any signup bonus, as this converted account was not considered new:

Originally Posted by Citi
We are unable to comply with your request to apply a new account offer to your existing account. Our solicitations are used as a way to encourage new business or to offer an additional account to our customers. Therefore, we are unable to apply the incentives mentioned in your solicitation to your existing account.
So I'm wondering if I can get this 75K signup bonus by applying for another HHonors Visa.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
I had a Citi AAdvantage card, which I "converted" to this Citi HHonors Visa about a month ago. New account number, but I did not get any signup bonus, as this converted account was not considered new:

So I'm wondering if I can get this 75K signup bonus by applying for another HHonors Visa.
How long ago did you open the AAdvantage card? If it was > 18 months ago, I think you'll be able to get the bonus on a new HH visa.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead

Well the official wording from Citi is no 75k signup bonus if you had the same card opened or closed in the past 18 months. So if you did the conversion less than 18 months ago, you had the HH card opened (as the Platinum card closed) less than 18 months ago.

Conversions are not necessarily a good idea in this 18 month world that Citi has entered. (They were never the best idea for getting maximum miles/points to begin with, now they're even worse.) Conversions are just a "shorthand", but they are in effect the closing of one card and the opening of another card, while transferring credit limit.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well the official wording from Citi is no 75k signup bonus if you had the same card opened or closed in the past 18 months. So if you did the conversion less than 18 months ago, you had the HH card opened (as the Platinum card closed) less than 18 months ago.

Conversions are not necessarily a good idea in this 18 month world that Citi has entered. (They were never the best idea for getting maximum miles/points to begin with, now they're even worse.) Conversions are just a "shorthand", but they are in effect the closing of one card and the opening of another card, while transferring credit limit.
Regarding your second point, I am absolutely with you on that. My motivation was to preserve the credit line while avoiding the AF on the AAdvantage card. But the conversion process itself was clunky and annoying... I spent too much time on the phone with them, plus they tried to bill me for the AAdvantage card AF after the card was closed, plus Citi requires a different online profile for the different co-branded cards, and to top it off, I got no signup bonus. If I knew then what I know now, I would have avoided that hassle entirely, and just closed the AAdvantage card.

Regarding your first point, it seemed their system was ill-equipped to handle this conversion process, so I was thinking to apply, just to see if I could get the 75K bonus. We have a trip coming up, and I need some hotel rooms, but after seeing the dismal redemption opportunities from Hilton at the time and place I need them, I'm inclined to pass on this opportunity.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: N/A
If I am in my first year, would I qualify for the additional free night (making it 3 nights total) for spending the $10k required? Or is that only after the 1st anniversary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.