Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2015 HH Gold VIP Status Short Cuts - Fast Track, Challenges etc.

Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: squeakr
Here you'll find the 2015 (from late 2014) HH Fast Track to Gold postings. Posts prior to late 2014 may be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-hhonors/561809-hilton-hhonors-gold-vip-status-short-cuts-fast-track-instant-challenges-comps.html

May all your stays be gold!

squeakr , co Mod HH
for the HH Mod Team of squeakr, Canarsie and Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition

Originally Posted by IloveRichardQuest
Does Hilton offer simple status matches, or can status only be achieved through challenges? I called them today expecting to be told about the challenges but instead the operator advised me that I should just send in evidence of status and they would match it. Is that really the case? I've sent the email, so time will tell. Just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience.
If you prove that you really have status elsewhere (card scan) and you really stay in hotels a lot (screenshot of your stays in last X months), then yes, you may get status match right away.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by moonman85
Last year I completed a 4 stay in 90 day promotion to get gold.

Would I be able to use another 4 stay in 90 day promotion again? And if so would I drop down to automatic silver you get until you complete the 4 stays?
Does anyone have an answer to this question? Can you do the Gold fast track twice?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:12 pm

Hi all,

I booked a few nights using advance booking and 3 nights using the MVP website a few weeks back. I only registered for gold status at the MVP website (https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Proces.../?lp=mvpftgold) today. Will I qualify for the fast track? when will i qualify and what else must i do?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:25 pm

i am just curious what they mean by " qualifying stays" and "made through designated online booking tool"

so does advance booking count? and must be be booked on the mvp website? or the Hhonors website?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by ztcheong
i am just curious what they mean by " qualifying stays" and "made through designated online booking tool"

so does advance booking count? and must be be booked on the mvp website? or the Hhonors website?
Yes, advance booking counts. Each night can count as qualifying stay. But consecutive nights only count as 1 stay.

No need to book on MVP site, normal HHonors website is OK.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:04 am

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Does anyone have an answer to this question? Can you do the Gold fast track twice?
From experience - YES.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I can also confirm YES on multiple fast tracks... I had one back in early '07 to gold, earned my way on up to Diamond for several years, dropped back to Silver in '11 with a job change, challenged to Gold in late '13, and just earned back to Diamond.

You WILL have to let your Gold status expire (down to Silver/Blue) before you can do another fast track.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by planetshakers
Yes, advance booking counts. Each night can count as qualifying stay. But consecutive nights only count as 1 stay.

No need to book on MVP site, normal HHonors website is OK.
Ok. I will be going to stay at Hilton Niagara Falls, Hilton Time Square, Embassy suits Portland and back at Hilton Time Square. Hope it qualifies.

I booked Embassy suits using the MVP rates.

Do the hotel check if you are a MVP?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I can also confirm YES on multiple fast tracks... I had one back in early '07 to gold, earned my way on up to Diamond for several years, dropped back to Silver in '11 with a job change, challenged to Gold in late '13, and just earned back to Diamond.

You WILL have to let your Gold status expire (down to Silver/Blue) before you can do another fast track.
Not sure of the above. I am currently Gold but don't get out to play much nowadays so took out the MVP challenge about 20 somethingth of October 2014. I got a screen confirmation but not an email. I've had 2 paid for stays since and my account is showing I need 2 more stays in 2014 to retain Gold status. So it looks like account is being taken of the Gold challenge without dropping back a level.

I do have a few queries though if anyone can help?

1. Is it possible to find out the exact date when the Gold challenge ends? I can't see it anywhere on my account. It would be useful re Q2 below

2. Do I need to achieve Gold status in 2014 - which is what the normal status progress shows- or do I have up till the 90 days is up some time in January 2015? I presume the latter but am a bit nervous that the 2014 stays won't track into 2015

3. Is there a definitive answer as to whether an award stay is a qualifying stay for the Gold challenge?

Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by xls999
Not sure of the above. I am currently Gold but don't get out to play much nowadays so took out the MVP challenge about 20 somethingth of October 2014. I got a screen confirmation but not an email. I've had 2 paid for stays since and my account is showing I need 2 more stays in 2014 to retain Gold status. So it looks like account is being taken of the Gold challenge without dropping back a level.

I do have a few queries though if anyone can help?

1. Is it possible to find out the exact date when the Gold challenge ends? I can't see it anywhere on my account. It would be useful re Q2 below

2. Do I need to achieve Gold status in 2014 - which is what the normal status progress shows- or do I have up till the 90 days is up some time in January 2015? I presume the latter but am a bit nervous that the 2014 stays won't track into 2015

3. Is there a definitive answer as to whether an award stay is a qualifying stay for the Gold challenge?

Thanks
1. Challenge ends 90 days from when the challenge was ISSUED. That means 90 days from your screen shot. If you signed up in Oct, it will end in Jan 2015 (not 2015 Q2).

2. The status bar is notoriously inaccurate. Can't go by what it says, esp for challenges. You are correct 2014 states do not count for 2015. If you have 2 stays in 2014 and 2 in Jan 2015, you will have only 2 stays in 2015, not 4. However, if you truly have a challenge, then all stays in the challenge period count toward the challenge.

I would double check that you actually qualify for the challenge. You may have a screen shot of enrolling but it does not mean it was accepted by Hilton's system. As IsleofMan stated, you must lose you status before a challenge will be allowed. Hilton wants you to EARN your status and not via a bunch of challenges.

That said, it would even cheaper to get Gold via a CC. Surpass $75 AF; Citi Reserve $95 AF. Both are much cheaper than staying 4 times n a hotel.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
1. Challenge ends 90 days from when the challenge was ISSUED. That means 90 days from your screen shot. If you signed up in Oct, it will end in Jan 2015 (not 2015 Q2).

2. The status bar is notoriously inaccurate. Can't go by what it says, esp for challenges. You are correct 2014 states do not count for 2015. If you have 2 stays in 2014 and 2 in Jan 2015, you will have only 2 stays in 2015, not 4. However, if you truly have a challenge, then all stays in the challenge period count toward the challenge.

I would double check that you actually qualify for the challenge. You may have a screen shot of enrolling but it does not mean it was accepted by Hilton's system. As IsleofMan stated, you must lose you status before a challenge will be allowed. Hilton wants you to EARN your status and not via a bunch of challenges.

That said, it would even cheaper to get Gold via a CC. Surpass $75 AF; Citi Reserve $95 AF. Both are much cheaper than staying 4 times n a hotel.
Many thanks for the replies. Regrettably while I got a confirmation on screen that the challenge had been accepted I did NOT capture it. So I don't know exactly when the challenge started. Nor do I know how to check I am on a challenge - other than the obvious step of calling up Hilton - as I can't see it displayed anywhere on my account

I would love to buy status for such an inexpensive amount for the credit card but live in the UK and we don't get such attractive offers!

Any idea on whether an award stay will count towards qualification please?

Last edited by xls999; Dec 4, 2014 at 7:13 pm
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by xls999
Many thanks for the replies. Regrettably while I got a confirmation on screen that the challenge had been accepted I did NOT capture it. So I don't know exactly when the challenge started. Nor do I know how to check I am on a challenge - other than the obvious step of calling up Hilton - as I can't see it displayed anywhere on my account

I would love to buy status for such an inexpensive amount for the credit card but live in the UK and we don't get such attractive offers!

Any idea on whether an award stay will count towards qualification please?
It appears you have two questions. 1) Am I on a challenge? 2) Will an award stay count towards a challenge qualification?

What is the hesitation in calling Hilton? You could get your answers.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, LT Marriott Plat
As i did a diamond challenge in last year a award stay did count.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by destg
As i did a diamond challenge in last year a award stay did count.
Many thanks for the info. I stayed in a local(ish) category 2 hotel last night (10k points) so will see if my status is amended at all.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Can I register (for the MVP fast track) if I am currently already Gold?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.