Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Palal
My understanding is that you're in hotel quarantine for 14 days in Shanghai and then you're free to move around the city for the remaining 7 days before you can fly to your final destination, is that not correct?
I am unable to provide an official answer, but my overseeer really wants me to stay close to her
-hopping on a plane to Beijing (or anywhere) would be a stupid idea
-I'm not inclined to press the "within Shanghai" limits; let's go with "within Xuhui"
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
It’s 9:11pm and I just got a phone call from the Chinese government demanding I arrive at a hospital before midnight for a covid test because I was in Changsha 7 days ago where they had 1 positive covid test.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
The SF testing sites are all less than an hour from the airport via Bart and walking. Not bad. I think LAX has on airport testing for those leaving from there.
TargetDX is a solid hour from SFO. I was cool with their location because I stayed in MTV for three days.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
TargetDX is a solid hour from SFO. I was cool with their location because I stayed in MTV for three days.
Target DX and Apostile are in San Jose. I would definitely recommend Apostile for anyone vaccinated with the Chinese vaccines as they offer PCR and the antigen test sans N protein for about $300 if you use a coupon. In my post above, however, I meant the two in SF proper which are both more expensive but are also much easier to reach from the airport via BART.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:18 pm

Target DX and Apostile are in San Jose. I would definitely recommend Apostile for anyone vaccinated with the Chinese vaccines as they offer PCR and the antigen test sans N protein for about $300 if you use a coupon. In my post above, however, I meant the two in SF proper which are both more expensive but are also much easier to reach from the airport via BART.
Target is the best option for our friends who drive up from Los Angeles.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:23 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I did Apostle a few weeks ago in SJ. It's BART-able (+VTA light rail). The process took around 45 mins from when I arrived. Despite the fact that you have an appointment, it's first-come-first-served. The price was also the best of all the options.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by moondog
I am unable to provide an official answer, but my overseeer really wants me to stay close to her
-hopping on a plane to Beijing (or anywhere) would be a stupid idea
-I'm not inclined to press the "within Shanghai" limits; let's go with "within Xuhui"
I'm in quarantine for another some days (not sure, not counting), and then I'll have a week here before travelling to PEK.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Palal
I did Apostle a few weeks ago in SJ. It's BART-able (+VTA light rail). The process took around 45 mins from when I arrived. Despite the fact that you have an appointment, it's first-come-first-served. The price was also the best of all the options.
Target is only $350, but getting to/from there is not easy.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:32 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
It’s 9:11pm and I just got a phone call from the Chinese government demanding I arrive at a hospital before midnight for a covid test because I was in Changsha 7 days ago where they had 1 positive covid test.
Wow, harsh.

I wonder what happens if you don't comply.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by YariGuy
Wow, harsh.

I wonder what happens if you don't comply.
You might not get an answer since those who didn't comply are nowhere near a computer now
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by maalloc
You might not get an answer since those who didn't comply are nowhere near a computer now
Yeah, not complying does not strike me as a good strategy.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the day I left China for the last time. I have not returned, and I wonder when I will be able to. Spring of 2022 seems out of the question. Fall of 2022? 50/50 is probably optimistic at this point.
Loren Pechtel, gudugan and maalloc like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MW147
Yeah, not complying does not strike me as a good strategy.

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the day I left China for the last time. I have not returned, and I wonder when I will be able to. Spring of 2022 seems out of the question. Fall of 2022? 50/50 is probably optimistic at this point.
Unless you have something very special to offer China or have a job here that they seem as necessary, I don't think you'll be getting in for a few more years. 2025 is my bet.
tauphi likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
how do you get coupons?
moondog likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
how do you get coupons?
Google apostle diagnostic coupons
Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Google apostle diagnostic coupons

Thank you! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.