Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2021, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kb1992
Just double-check, Scott only works for employment based visa, not family visit visa right?
I am not sure but my guess is that he handles both.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-last-holdout

Interesting article, no real new news but China+HK is the only one left. Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand are pivoting
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:45 pm

I did my covid test at Target DX today. It was fast. Be sure to bring your passport and Vax card with you because they take a picture with you holding them.
​​
Old Oct 6, 2021, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
I did my covid test at Target DX today. It was fast. Be sure to bring your passport and Vax card with you because they take a picture with you holding them.
​​
Were you vaxed in Shanghai or in the states? If it was both, which one did you declare upon testing?
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-last-holdout

Interesting article, no real new news but China+HK is the only one left. Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand are pivoting
You forgot Macau and Taiwan.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 1:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tauphi
You forgot Macau and Taiwan.
That's political
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Were you vaxed in Shanghai or in the states? If it was both, which one did you declare upon testing?
I have sinopharm and Pfizer. I only declared the latter on the website but told Target DX about both, in case the former could skew my test results. I think I'm in good shape now, but I must confess that this has been a stressful experience.
​​​​​
Old Oct 8, 2021, 12:24 am

Following is the form I was missing:
http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/eng/...1716241291.pdf
The website doesn't have a spot for uploading it, so I put it in the vaccination section, and the consulate was happy. Those guys are nice people.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 4:29 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
I have recently (August '21) travelled to China.

I jumped through all the hoops back in London such as a Visa, PU Letter, Work Permit, IgM, PCR and HDC; then the quarantine for 21 days here in the PRC; and following this the medical test, conversion to residency and further home quarantine with further PCR tests. Now living happily in Shenzhen.

I was double vaxxed back in the UK too.

So yes, all possible - and definitely cheaper than the agent costs quoted above. All in was about GBP 1200.00.

If anyone needs pointers do ask away.
Engineering Travel likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 10:27 am

I'm at SFO now awaiting ua 857. My only new insight since my previous post is that you need two health codes in order to check in. The first is the one from the consulate; screenshots are not okay. The second is wechat based. The verification email didn't show up but the sms to my Shanghai phone worked. The guy next to me in line didn't have a China phone number so he called his company to find a phone number for a Chinese colleague.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm at SFO now awaiting ua 857. My only new insight since my previous post is that you need two health codes in order to check in. The first is the one from the consulate; screenshots are not okay. The second is wechat based. The verification email didn't show up but the sms to my Shanghai phone worked. The guy next to me in line didn't have a China phone number so he called his company to find a phone number for a Chinese colleague.
Do you mean the entry exit Wechat based form from China customs? Also could you share your test results if you’re willing to? Was it positive on the antibodies?
Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Is that you I see on the upgrade cleared list? Damn, that is one sparsely populated airframe. Also, it looks like a standby pax got cleared directly into Polaris? Wow!
Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by STS-134
Is that you I see on the upgrade cleared list? Damn, that is one sparsely populated airframe. Also, it looks like a standby pax got cleared directly into Polaris? Wow!
iirc they are only allowed to sell 40% of the seats, and there are weight/balance rules. As far as standbys are concerned, I'm sure they get a lot because check in takes a long time.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Do you mean the entry exit Wechat based form from China customs? Also could you share your test results if you’re willing to? Was it positive on the antibodies?
Not to answer for the OP, but in my case I needed two Green codes as well - but not the China Customs one (that was something we filled out on landing).

Both were from the embassy, and separate PCR test and IGM test codes.

I was positive for antibodies, and my antibody count was 0.78 and am Pziver double vax, never knowingly contracted Covid.
uanj likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by ScienceTeacher
Not to answer for the OP, but in my case I needed two Green codes as well - but not the China Customs one (that was something we filled out on landing).

Both were from the embassy, and separate PCR test and IGM test codes.

I was positive for antibodies, and my antibody count was 0.78 and am Pziver double vax, never knowingly contracted Covid.
Yeah, the customs code was another surprise for me...so we're talking 3 codes that they wanted, and a bunch of others (e.g. normal Wehat and Alipay) that they didn't.

The procedures on landing were fairly well organized, but took a long time and entailed lots of walking. That was also one of my most painful nasal swabs to date, plus they stuck a popsicle stick in our throats.

My test results from San Jose were the same as yours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.