Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current China Entry policy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
I wonder if my mom's 10-year visa will be extended by 2+ years. I think I know the answer, but I'm mildly curious.
If they extend it why would they only extend it by 2 years? It'll more likely be a 5 year or more extension since that's how long they'll be closed to tourists.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
If they extend it why would they only extend it by 2 years? It'll more likely be a 5 year or more extension since that's how long they'll be closed to tourists.
I guess I'm still trying to remain optimistic. I'm hopeful that you and me will be able to leave and return here without doing that horrible q drill (it seriously sucks) in the near future. I'd also love to be able to hang out with visiting FTers again. Have you noticed how few non-Chinese are here now? Let the mileage runs resume ASAP! We will gladly field questions in the TWOV and visa threads; it doesn't matter if they have been asked before.

percysmith How are our HK prospects looking? Can me plan to meet at Coyote in January?
Internaut and Cryofern like this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by moondog
I guess I'm still trying to remain optimistic. I'm hopeful that you and me will be able to leave and return here without doing that horrible q drill (it seriously sucks) in the near future. I'd also love to be able to hang out with visiting FTers again. Have you noticed how few non-Chinese are here now? Let the mileage runs resume ASAP! We will gladly field questions in the TWOV and visa threads; it doesn't matter if they have been asked before.

percysmith How are our HK prospects looking? Can me plan to meet at Coyote in January?
I wish you were right to be optimistic.

But I have no confidence whatsoever in this case. The bar is very, very high in China to open up, given the fact that COVID is going to co-exist with us, and the fact that Americans don't behave similarly to, say Chinese and Japanese regarding COVID prevention. China's zero-tolerance COVID policy is here to stay.

I hope I am wrong, but I expect China to stop quarantine in 2035.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by kb1992
I wish you were right to be optimistic.

But I have no confidence whatsoever in this case. The bar is very, very high in China to open up, given the fact that COVID is going to co-exist with us, and the fact that Americans don't behave similarly to, say Chinese and Japanese regarding COVID prevention. China's zero-tolerance COVID policy is here to stay.

I hope I am wrong, but I expect China to stop quarantine in 2035.
That is in addition to culture revolution 2.0 and the purge of foreigners and foreign influence that is currently ramping up. The China I enjoyed is dead, it was a good run. Onto greener pastures in 2 months.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Air China Phoenix Miles
Great to see some good news regarding re-entry to China, the scrapping of the need to take the IgM test when flying back, hopefully it will make returning a bit easier and cheaper...
In order to prevent the further spread of Covid-19 and protect the health and safety of travellers from the UK to China, starting from 6th January 2022, people fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines who are travelling from the UK to China need to take two PCR tests instead of the previously required one PCR test and one IgM test.

The detailed instructions are as follows:

Ⅰ. For travellers who are fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines, and whose flights will take off and depart the UK after 00:00 am, 6th January 2022, two PCR tests are required instead of one PCR test and one IgM test.

Ⅱ. Both PCR tests must be done in Chinese Embassy-designated clinics. They can be taken in two clinics separately or in one clinic. If the two PCR tests are taken in one clinic, two samples must be collected and the two samples must be sent to two different laboratories. The name of the laboratory must be quoted on the respective test report.

Ⅲ. With the enforcement of this Supplementary Notice, travellers who are fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines must, when applying for the HDC green code, upload two PCR test reports as well as their proof of vaccination.

Ⅳ. Travellers fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines refer to the people who have received all the necessary doses with required time intervals. For example, full vaccination of two-dose inactivated vaccines requires two doses with the second dose received at least 14 days after the first dose. If the second dose is taken less than 14 days after the first dose, the receiver is regarded as not fully vaccinated.

Ⅴ. Travellers who have received the live attenuated vaccines after or before being fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines count as being fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines.

Ⅵ. Travellers whose flight departing the UK leaves before 00:00 am on 6th January 2022, or who are not fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines shall follow the requirements of previous notices when applying for the HDC green code.

Ⅶ. Whether one is fully inoculated with inactivated vaccines or not, the requirement for Day-7 prior test remains the same.

Ⅷ. All the time mentioned in this Notice is London local time. If the flight is delayed, the original scheduled time on the itinerary prevails.
Supplementary Notice for Travellers Fully Inoculated with Inactivated Vaccines

2021-12-31 05:24

Supplementary Notice for Travellers Fully Inoculated with Inactivated Vaccines
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
This is the best source for vaccine definitions (updated 28 December 2021): https://www.who.int/publications/m/i...idate-vaccines

inactivated vaccine:
Phase 4 (general availability): The latter two are different ones made by the same company
  • Coronavac (Sinovac)
  • Sinopharm
  • Sinopharm (BBIBP-CorV)
Phase 3 (last phase of testing):
  • SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (vero cells) : Institute of Medical Biology + Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
  • QazCovid-in® - COVID-19 inactivated vaccine : Research Institute for Biological Safety Problems, Rep of Kazakhstan
  • BBV152 vaccine : Bharat Biotech International Limited
  • Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (Vero cell) : Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co., Ltd.
  • VLA2001 : Valneva, National Institute for Health Research, United Kingdom
  • TURKOVAC, inactivated virus : Erciyes University and the Health Institutes of Turkey (TUSEB)
live attenuated virus:
Phase 3 (last phase of testing). Doesn't look like there are any in broad production.
  • COVI-VAC : Codagenix/Serum Institute of India

Commentary
  • Still no provision for non-Chinese or mRNA vaccines
  • I don't know why live attenuated vaccines are even worth mentioning above because no one has gotten it (phase 3 is typically <3000 people)
  • Do they expect you to get two tests one after each other in the same clinic because they don't trust one test? Lol...
Old Dec 31, 2021, 1:05 pm

I'm fully vaccinated with Sinovac, and by the time I return to China will also be fully jabbed with Moderna. I'm hoping that I can just declare the Sinovac and not have to take the IgM test....
joesk and gudugan like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
A friend of mine just sent me a text that CAAC has issued the following flights will be suspended:

MU 588 JFK to PVG
AA127 DFW to PVG
AC 025 YVR to PVG
UA 857 SFO to PVG

I don't have the official text. Does anyone have more information?
I am scheduled on UA 857 on Jan 9 (arrive on Jan 10). Hope the effective date is after my travel.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by steveb1955
I'm fully vaccinated with Sinovac, and by the time I return to China will also be fully jabbed with Moderna. I'm hoping that I can just declare the Sinovac and not have to take the IgM test....
I took both SinoVac and Pfizer, and was hoping no to do the igM test, but got into trouble with the Chinese Consulate. I would suggest you declare all your shots and take all necessary tests as required. Others may have different experience, but you want to play it safe instead of being blacklisted (subjectively determined). It is only a test not a big deal.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
A friend of mine just sent me a text that CAAC has issued the following flights will be suspended:

MU 588 JFK to PVG
AA127 DFW to PVG
AC 025 YVR to PVG
UA 857 SFO to PVG

I am scheduled on UA 857 on Jan 9 (arrive on Jan 10). Hope the effective date is after my travel.
Don’t see anything yet but it should show up here: ???????--????

2022-01-04 post is for other flights

caacnews1979 on wechat will probably write it up first

Last edited by gudugan; Jan 4, 2022 at 8:05 am
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by gudugan
Don’t see anything yet but it should show up here: ???????--????

2022-01-04 post is for other flights

caacnews1979 on wechat will probably write it up first

https://info.51.ca/news/canada/2022-01/1060179.html
effective Jan 10th, 17th
if you can read chinese.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Appears UA857's last flight before suspension is the Jan 9 flight.
Best of luck, UA Flyer, hope it works out.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:01 pm

I took both SinoVac and Pfizer, and was hoping no to do the igM test, but got into trouble with the Chinese Consulate. I would suggest you declare all your shots and take all necessary tests as required. Others may have different experience, but you want to play it safe instead of being blacklisted (subjectively determined). It is only a test not a big deal.
just out of interest and if you don't mind me asking, in what way did you get into trouble with the consulate?.....I have also just found out that the two pcr test rule is only for my flight departing London, I would still have to take the IgM test in what ever airport I transfer planes....
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador

MU 588 JFK to PVG
AA127 DFW to PVG
AC 025 YVR to PVG
UA 857 SFO to PVG

Your flight 857 on Jan.9 is suspended by CAAC, unless UA decides to accept 40% capacity for 4 weeks.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kb1992
Your flight 857 on Jan.9 is suspended by CAAC, unless UA decides to accept 40% capacity for 4 weeks.
I called UA, but continued to get the response the flight on Jan 9 is not affected. Where do you get the information you shared above?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.