Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by philemer
You can move your Personal cards to your Business cards acct. w/o calling. I just saw that option today. Open your Business acct and go to Profile & Settings then Account Settings then Manage Linked Accounts then Show my Accounts. Then click on Link Relationship.
Can you provide a couple of screen grabs? I’m not seeing those menu options, either in the main navigation bar at the top of the home screen or in the “More” mini-menu next to “Pay Card” for each account.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beltway
Can you provide a couple of screen grabs? I’m not seeing those menu options, either in the main navigation bar at the top of the home screen or in the “More” mini-menu next to “Pay Card” for each account.
Here you go:
https://www.chase.com/digital/custom...ccount-linking

We have done this with both my own and my wife's accounts. However, I'd really not use the term "move" as you will still have a personal login active as well. I'd use the term "link" (which is what Chase uses as well). It simply allows you to manage your personal cards/accounts via your business login.

Regards
SPN Lifer and mia like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
Here you go:
https://www.chase.com/digital/custom...ccount-linking

We have done this with both my own and my wife's accounts. However, I'd really not use the term "move" as you will still have a personal login active as well. I'd use the term "link" (which is what Chase uses as well). It simply allows you to manage your personal cards/accounts via your business login.
Thanks, I see it now.

Does linking mean all the UR-earning cards are displayed together, with the ability to freely “combine” points across all such cards, both personal & business?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by beltway
Thanks, I see it now.

Does linking mean all the UR-earning cards are displayed together, with the ability to freely “combine” points across all such cards, both personal & business?
Yes.
However, some people have an issue (or maybe it's everyone will have it) that once you get more than 5 cards on the same login, you will not be able to see any of the points accounts that are normally displayed on the main page (if that is important to you). See this thread about that...
Problems Combining UR points between accounts
Old Jun 24, 2022, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
"Somewhere" in this thread is not specific enough.

"Somewhere" else in this thread it says that Chase stopped approving most business cards (especially sole proprietor), and then "somewhere" else in this thread you can see that they started again (all of this determined through datapoints, no Chase announcements).
Originally Posted by mia
Perhaps you are thinking of the American Express application form which would not accept a value lower than $1,000?

Amex (USA) adds new requirement for minimum $1,000 annual Business Revenue
Thanks for more recent DP as mine were from searching this forum and were 2 yrs old
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
Thanks for more recent DP as mine were from searching this forum and were 2 yrs old
Approved for CIP with a paltry 5k credit line but I need to spend 15k in three months for SUB. This credit line will make difficult to not cycle or drawl attention to myself making multiple payments per month (to keep utilization down). Any thought on staying under the radar?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:21 pm
RNE

Any thought on staying under the radar?
If you're careful, you may only have to cycle one month. I'd do it the last month. Then, never again.

RNE, advising: You can do this!
flew-d-coop likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RNE
If you're careful, you may only have to cycle one month. I'd do it the last month. Then, never again.
I've also had to cycle occasionally with Chase. It's never been a problem but I definitely do not abuse it.
flew-d-coop likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by RNE

RNE, advising: You can do this!
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I've also had to cycle occasionally with Chase. It's never been a problem but I definitely do not abuse it.
Any thoughts on max number of payments per cycle vs high utilization?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:02 am
RNE

Any thoughts on max number of payments per cycle vs high utilization?
Given the AF, you'll have to spend at least $15,095.
To skirt both risks, try something like this.
  • Billing Cycle 1: Beginning bal=$95. Spend $3750. Statement closes; bal=$3845. (77% of CL). You've met $3750 of required spend. Pay $6250.
  • Billing Cycle 2: Beginning bal=$-2405. Spend $5250. Statement closes; bal=$2845. (57% of CL). You've met $9,000 of required spend. Pay $6250.
  • Billing Cycle 3: Beginning bal=$-3405. Spend $6000 (before 90 days!). Statement closes; bal=$2595. (52% of CL). You've met $15,000 of required spend. Pay $2595.
Hopefully my arithmetic is correct. But even if it's a little off, you get the idea.
flew-d-coop likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Given the AF, you'll have to spend at least $15,095.
To skirt both risks, try something like this.
  • Billing Cycle 1: Beginning bal=$95. Spend $3750. Statement closes; bal=$3845. (77% of CL). You've met $3750 of required spend. Pay $6250.
  • Billing Cycle 2: Beginning bal=$-2405. Spend $5250. Statement closes; bal=$2845. (57% of CL). You've met $9,000 of required spend. Pay $6250.
  • Billing Cycle 3: Beginning bal=$-3405. Spend $6000 (before 90 days!). Statement closes; bal=$2595. (52% of CL). You've met $15,000 of required spend. Pay $2595.
Hopefully my arithmetic is correct. But even if it's a little off, you get the idea.
I didn't think it would let you intentionally overpay. So many double edge swords concepts to play with. Hopefully, without provoking the ire of the beast...
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I didn't think it would let you intentionally overpay.....
You can overpay if you send the payment from your bank's online billpay site, rather than from the Chase site.
flew-d-coop likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I've never personally overpaid in advance. Just charged up to around 80% of the CL and made a payment as soon as those charges posted. Then repeated as soon as the CL showed available again. I might make two payments per statement cycle that way.
SPN Lifer, mia and flew-d-coop like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:30 am
RNE

Originally Posted by mia
You can overpay if you send the payment from your bank's online billpay site, rather than from the Chase site.
Quite correct.

So many double edge swords concepts to play with. Hopefully, without provoking the ire of the beast...
No, no, there's no need to thank me or even acknowledge my effort to plan this out for you step-by-step. I've got nothing better to do.

RNE, admitting I actually don't have anything better to do.
flew-d-coop and Polytonic like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by RNE
No, no, there's no need to thank me or even acknowledge my effort to plan this out for you step-by-step. I've got nothing better to do.

RNE, admitting I actually don't have anything better to do.
I came to this forum many years ago for guidance on this crazy adventure and I appreciate almost everyone here at flyertalk. It is only because of people like you (that freely give help) that I remain a member. To everyone here that has such motivation, thank you!!!
RNE likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.