Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Keep your new applications at least 30 days apart.
What is the recommended minimum number of days from the time I close an Ink card to submit a new application for the same Ink card?

thanks
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by iowa guy
What is the recommended minimum number of days from the time I close an Ink card to submit a new application for the same Ink card?

thanks
In general you shouldn't apply for a card within 30 days of canceling it. People report getting approved sooner, but 30 days is a safe bet.

Chase also will not approve more than 2 applications within 30 days. They will approve 2 but in my experience it is not as easy to get auto approved for more than 1 in 30 days post-covid. Unless you need the points for something specific ASAP I suggest canceling and waiting 30 days before applying, and waiting 30 days between applications.
MDtR-Chicago likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:19 am

Got it. Thanks.

I'll start counting the days....
Old Aug 9, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Schnit
In general you shouldn't apply for a card within 30 days of canceling it. People report getting approved sooner, but 30 days is a safe bet.

Chase also will not approve more than 2 applications within 30 days. They will approve 2 but in my experience it is not as easy to get auto approved for more than 1 in 30 days post-covid. Unless you need the points for something specific ASAP I suggest canceling and waiting 30 days before applying, and waiting 30 days between applications.
This is definitely YMMV. I started applying for Chase cards a year ago (as of yesterday, actually) and have never been approved for a card less than 90 days out from the previous card. (biz-biz or pers-pers)

Having just said that, I applied for a personal card this morning and, for the first time this year ever, I got an automatic approval (it has usually taken about 36 hours until now). It was 91 days since my previous app.

Last edited by fredc84; Aug 9, 2022 at 10:05 am
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
This is definitely YMMV. I started applying for Chase cards a year ago (as of yesterday, actually) and have never been approved for a card less than 90 days out from the previous card...and this includes both personal and business.

Having just said that, I applied for a personal card this morning and, for the first time this year ever, I got an automatic approval (it has usually taken about 36 hours until now). It was 91 days since my previous app.
When you were not approved did you call reconsideration line?

Outside of 1 business card (during the peak of the pandemic, when they were rejecting every business application), I have never not been approved. Including the time I accidently applied for 3 cards in 30 days (February messed me up), a quick recon call got me approved. Between P1+P2 I have successfully opened 18 cards with Chase in the last 3 years.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:17 am

Outside of 1 business card (during the peak of the pandemic, when they were rejecting every business application), I have never not been approved. Including the time I accidently applied for 3 cards in 30 days (February messed me up), a quick recon call got me approved. Between P1+P2 I have successfully opened 18 cards with Chase in the last 3 years.
What is P1+P2 ?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
What is P1+P2 ?
Player 1 and Player 2. Usually two spouses/significant others coordinating credit card applications together in order to maximize benefits, points accrual, sign-up bonuses, etc.

Regards
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA

I stand corrected. I went back and looked and I have gotten biz and personals with 90 of each other, but not biz-biz or personal-personal. The last one (Sapph Pref) was just over a month (outside 30 days) after my previous Ink Unlimited and got denied. When I called in, they looked and said I had an app just over a month before, but she resubmitted my app and it was eventually approved.
I did have another app, two personals about 35 days apart where the 2nd got denied, but I didn't call in for it.

Last edited by fredc84; Aug 9, 2022 at 10:12 am
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:11 am
RNE

(during the peak of the pandemic, when they were rejecting every business application)
Where's that myth coming from? I was auto-approved for an Ink Unlimited on 1/8/2021 during the first peak in COVID cases, a winter when vaccines, while available, were still scarce and strictly limited, and nobody knew how well or when they'd have any mitigating effect. While there was a greater peak a year later (as the chart shows), that was after widespread vaccinations and vaccine availability, i.e. fewer bad outcomes from infections.

Source: New York Times
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Player 1 and Player 2. Usually two spouses/significant others coordinating credit card applications together in order to maximize benefits, points accrual, sign-up bonuses, etc.

Regards
Let's not forget referral bonuses
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
I stand corrected. I went back and looked and I have gotten biz and personals with 90 of each other, but not biz-biz or personal-personal. The last one (Sapph Pref) was just over a month (outside 30 days) after my previous Ink Unlimited and got denied. When I called in, they looked and said I had an app just over a month before, but she resubmitted my app and it was eventually approved.
I did have another app, two personals about 35 days apart where the 2nd got denied, but I didn't call in for it.
One of my few non-auto approvals was a couple months ago when I applied for the Marriott card. I got rejected due to too many new accounts. I had 3 business accounts opened this year already (all auto-approved). I called and they asked why this is my 4th card this year. I said that i started a new business so I needed those cards specifically for business and this was my first personal card. A few minutes on hold and I was approved.

An auto rejection can normally be converted into approval with a quick call

Originally Posted by RNE
Where's that myth coming from? I was auto-approved for an Ink Unlimited on 1/8/2021 during the first peak in COVID cases, a winter when vaccines, while available, were still scarce and strictly limited, and nobody knew how well or when they'd have any mitigating effect. While there was a greater peak a year later (as the chart shows), that was after widespread vaccinations and vaccine availability, i.e. fewer bad outcomes from infections.
This is after the period in question. Judging by here it was April-Sept 2020 https://frequentmiler.com/chase-tigh...usiness-cards/

Last edited by Schnit; Aug 9, 2022 at 10:43 am Reason: Adding a second reply
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:53 pm

Quick question - if I have multiple businesses, can each business get chase credit cards and sign up bonuses?
Old Aug 9, 2022, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by stormpelt
Quick question - if I have multiple businesses, can each business get chase credit cards and sign up bonuses?
Per the terms, no. But in reality if you get approved for the Ink card you will get the bonus, whether its duplicate or not.

Never tried opening a co-branded card on more than one business so I cannot speak to that.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:26 am

thanks
There isn't one for Ink cards. You don't even need to close the first one before applying for the second. to be clear, I'm referring to applying for the same flavor of Ink.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
There isn't one for Ink cards. You don't even need to close the first one before applying for the second. to be clear, I'm referring to applying for the same flavor of Ink.
Do you qualify for the SUB if I haven't closed my Ink Cash and I apply for another Ink Cash?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.