Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

5/24 count (may) now include Chase business cards?

Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:40 am
Original Poster

I was told this by two different reconsideration agents. They were adding up my 5/24 cards and insisted on counting the Chase business cards. Did anyone else run into this, or am I just unlucky?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by UserMark
5/24 count now incudes business ?
was told this by two different reconsideration agents. ... counting ... Chase business cards...
Hopefully just another situation of an agent giving erroneous information. Unfortunately an all too common occurrence. If its true we should hear MUCH more about it in short order as many people who are under 5/24 would be well above 5/24 if Chase biz cards are included.

Personally, I might find out for myself (just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz) in about a month or so. Im at 3/24 not including biz cards, 8/24 including Chase biz cards with a Chase personal application expected next month.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Nov 10, 2022 at 1:50 pm Reason: mea culpa, edited to reflect only CHASE biz cards
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Only Chase business cards would matter. Chase doesn't know about any others.
355F1 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 9:19 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
When Chase first implemented the 5/24 policy, their own business cards did count. This policy was changed and Chase started tallying only accounts which appear on a personal credit report. They could change the policy again, and because 5/24 is not published the only way that we might verify is through anecdotal reports.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by rxgeek
The recon line said they count Chase biz cards. ...
(Quote above is from a different thread.)

Second report within a few days, might be a real concern.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 7:09 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Second report within a few days, might be a real concern.
Maybe, but it also appears that Chase and other issuers are again paying more attention to Inquiries in addition to Accounts. These two measures can easily be conflated in a phone call or post, and business card applications have always generated personal credit Inquiries.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:45 pm

wife approved 5 days ago for ink unlimited at 4/24, would have been 6/24 counting other Chase business cards.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theplayer
wife approved 5 days ago for ink unlimited at 4/24, would have been 6/24 counting other Chase business cards.
Automatically or reconsideration?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:48 am

Sitting at FTU Signature Orange County right now. This subject was asked about and discussed briefly yesterday. The presenter, despite being the “Credit Card Editor” for a popular blog, did not have enough knowledge or experience to offer an opinion, none of the attendees offered an opinion. One attendee mentioned that he had 2 acquaintances who were recently approved for new Chase cards despite being well over 5/24.
GUWonder and mia like this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Nov 13, 2022 at 11:30 am Reason: typo correction
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:41 am

Automatically or reconsideration?
auto
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip> The presenter, despite being the Credit Card Editor for a popular blog, did not have enough knowledge or experience to offer an opinion, none of the attendees offered an opinion.
That seems like a rather unfair characterization. As you are well aware, this possibility is a very, very recent development and none of us know if it's even real or not. Furthermore, given the entire 5/24 construct is basically undocumented by Chase, and can be changed at their whim, without any notification or communication whatsoever, I'm not sure how you would expect this individual to have any better information that we currently have right now.

Regards
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:43 am

… the “Credit Card Editor” …
Originally Posted by scubadu
… how you would expect this individual to have any better information that we currently have right now….
It’s reasonable to expect a professional to have the most recent up-to-date information, it’s their job. Would you want to attend a class or see a doctor where the professional did NOT have the most recent up-to-date information? I certainly expect a professional, who gets paid for presenting information (on the blog and at seminars) and should have access to industry personnel, to have more recent up-to-date information than a hobbyist.
Boraxo and Dr_wanderlust like this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Nov 14, 2022 at 12:39 pm Reason: typo correction
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: W/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez
I was told this by two different reconsideration agents. They were adding up my 5/24 cards and insisted on counting the Chase business cards. Did anyone else run into this, or am I just unlucky?
This was one of the reasons wife got her IHG business card denied after 2 calls to the recon line. The first denial letter mentioned 5/24 (she was at 4/24 with personal cards) but the second said two many cards and too much credit. On her second call she offered to lower CLs but was still denied.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
This was one of the reasons wife got her IHG business card denied after 2 calls to the recon line. The first denial letter mentioned 5/24 (she was at 4/24 with personal cards) but the second said two many cards and too much credit. On her second call she offered to lower CLs but was still denied.
Best I can tell, this is the same datapoint reported in post #5 above, not a third datapoint.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:43 pm

Your business credit should be separate from your personal credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.