Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by lkar
I think this is mostly a 5/24 question not really a business card question as such but it was an application for a business card so putting it here.

I miscalculated 5/24. Classic rookie mistake -- forgot about a closed card. I applied for the chase WOH business card on 8/25 and was denied for having open too many accounts. Coincidentally, though, I dropped under 5/24 a couple of days ago.

Is reconsideration an option in this circumstance? That is, if you're under 5/24 by a few days can you talk yourself into a reconsideration like you can do with authorized users? Even if you were over when you applied? Or do I have to wait until 10/1 to apply fresh?
It always is worth calling to me.

I wouldn't mention 5/24 by name but if they say too many accounts I would then try and say that was 2 years ago.
lkar and tstauck like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Schnit

I wouldn't mention 5/24 by name but if they say too many accounts I would then try and say that was 2 years ago.
Agreed. Depending upon which state you live in, you may need to wait for the credit bureau to update.
I believe in NY, Chase uses Experian, which (at least for me) doesn't report the *day*. So let's say you closed the card on like 9/10/20. I think it'll report as 9/20, so you'd need to wait until 10/22 to apply from Chase. But remember you have 30 days for reconsideration I believe.

But not sure which day of the month the bureaus update (it's not like they all report on the 1st of the month, AFAIK).
lkar likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:51 am

Yeah, I have always gone under the understanding that if a card lapsed on 9/1 from 5/24, you still wait until the next month to apply just to be safe
roberto99 and beltway like this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
Agreed. Depending upon which state you live in, you may need to wait for the credit bureau to update.
I believe in NY, Chase uses Experian, which (at least for me) doesn't report the *day*. So let's say you closed the card on like 9/10/20. I think it'll report as 9/20, so you'd need to wait until 10/22 to apply from Chase. But remember you have 30 days for reconsideration I believe.

But not sure which day of the month the bureaus update (it's not like they all report on the 1st of the month, AFAIK).
I gave it a try today and the banker was pretty forthcoming. She explained that they see a September 2020 card and that it's my fifth card and that's the problem. I asked if that means that I should wait until October and re-apply. She said that she couldn't tell me what to do or not do, and that I was always welcome to apply for a card, but that another option would be to wait for 30 days from my application and try again with reconsideration. I asked if that would work, since that would still be in late September so they would presumably still see the 9/20 card. She basically said not necessarily and that she couldn't tell me exactly when they would no longer "see" the 9/20 card as disqualifying, but that it wouldn't hurt to try.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:23 am

DP: off Chase 5/24 yesterday. Today I applied for the Ink Cash and got an instant approval. Out of the last 5 cards, one is an AU with an opening date of <2yrs.

Last edited by asdfghjk; Sep 15, 2022 at 6:28 am
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
DP: off Chase 5/24 yesterday. Today I applied for the Ink Cash and got an instant approval. Out of the last 5 cards, one is an AU with an opening date of <2yrs.
Congats !
asdfghjk and tstauck like this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
My P2 was approved fr CIP With $5k CL. Is it safe if
I pay mid cycle , or pay $1K over at statement to squeeze the $15K SUB in 3 statement/cycles ?
Does it matter if she is CIP
Old Oct 3, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
I pay mid cycle , or pay $1K over at statement to squeeze the $15K SUB in 3 statement/cycles ?
Yes doing it 1 time per cycle should be fine. The issue comes from people who do it 5-6 times every cycle.

The other option is does P2 have other business cards you can move credit around from?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
This article explains it pretty well https://thepointsguy.com/news/should...t-more-points/
The salient point: "Cycling is not the same as simply paying your bill in full before the due date. Likewise, it's not making multiple payments per month, either. Both of those things are fine to do. What adds to the cycling aspect is spending up to your credit limit, paying it off, and repeating that process multiple times within the same billing cycle."
When I was dong mine I paid it off every time I hit 25% utilization, never had an issue.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:59 am
DH

A quick question about applying a Chase Hyatt business card. Does WoH number must be the applicant or can you use employee's (authorized user) WoH number?

Thx in advance.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by DH
A quick question about applying a Chase Hyatt business card. Does WoH number must be the applicant or can you use employee's (authorized user) WoH number?

Thx in advance.
The name is supposed to match. Never tried putting someone else's, so its possible that could work, but wouldn't want to risk a credit pull and it being rejected for an issue like that
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:19 am

Dropped of 5/24 last month. Applied on 10/1 for Hyatt business. Wanted to get the application in in time for the double elite night promotion, which runs out in a couple of days.

Got a response that said pending with a 7-10 day message. Got an email that says up to 30 days. My application does not seem to show up online or if I call the automated line. I called in and offered to provide information or move credit and the first line agent did not even transfer me to the business unit and instead said nothing is needed. Not sure if all this is a good sign or bad sign.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:20 am

Dropped of 5/24 last month. Applied on 10/1 for Hyatt business. Wanted to get the application in in time for the double elite night promotion, which runs out in a couple of days.

Got a response that said pending with a 7-10 day message. Got an email that says up to 30 days. My application does not seem to show up online or if I call the automated line. I called in and offered to provide information or move credit and the first line agent did not even transfer me to the business unit and instead said nothing is needed. Not sure if all this is a good sign or bad sign.
Ask them to transfer you to the business lending department to discuss it further.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:48 am

Ask them to transfer you to the business lending department to discuss it further.
No dice. Same conversation. Application is pending. No updates needed. Will notify me in one to two weeks with decision or if additional information is needed.

It's weird that the system doesn't seem to "see" my application. I've applied for a ton of Chase cards and this has been a slightly different experience. I think I've been rejected but they just haven't told me yet. Maybe the opposite but that's how it feels.

Anyone know -- if I get rejected and I am able to get it reconsidered successfully, will the date of my application control the bonus? In this case, whether I'll be eligible for the double elite nights?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:53 am

No dice. Same conversation. Application is pending. No updates needed. Will notify me in one to two weeks with decision or if additional information is needed.

It's weird that the system doesn't seem to "see" my application. I've applied for a ton of Chase cards and this has been a slightly different experience. I think I've been rejected but they just haven't told me yet. Maybe the opposite but that's how it feels.

Anyone know -- if I get rejected and I am able to get it reconsidered successfully, will the date of my application control the bonus? In this case, whether I'll be eligible for the double elite nights?
I have never had a business card application "seen" when I call or online, I always need to talk to someone to see it

Normally bonuses go by application date, not approval date. This promo however people are being told they have it with applying before 8/23 but approved after. In addition the promo specifically states approved during the time frame, no applied during. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.