Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by fivegirls
.... I've opened 4 personal cards and 11 business cards (3 from Chase) in the last 24 months,....rep told me that they look at ALL accounts opened in the last 24 months,...
The rep may have meant that Chase can see the inquiries (hard pulls) for all of those business cards, even though they cannot see the resulting accounts (except for the Chase accounts). Have you looked at one of your credit reports rather than relying on your own count? There are a few issuers who do report business accounts.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
I looked at Credit Karma. My business cards have been Chase, Barclays, Amex, US Bank, and Bank of America. Never had business cards from these banks count against 5/24 before.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by fivegirls
I looked at Credit Karma. My business cards have been Chase, Barclays, Amex, US Bank, and Bank of America. Never had business cards from these banks count against 5/24 before.
Are you looking at the same credit bureau Chase pulled from your credit profile? IIRC Credit Kamra does not show Experian.

Did you count cards that were closed as well, not just the open ones?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by happychic
…Credit Kamra does not show Experian…
This is the “Chase” forum, likely many of us have 1 or more Chase personal cards. One easy way to see EXP inquiries is via Chase (personal card login) Credit Journey.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:39 pm
mia

Are you looking at the same credit bureau Chase pulled from your credit profile?
If you are looking at the number of accounts opened, it does not matter which bureau you use, they all have the same data.
If you are looking at the number of inquiries you need to look at the same bureau that Chase used, and they must tell you which one(s) they used.

Last edited by mia; Apr 11, 2022 at 8:01 pm
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
(from Chase ink card application certifications) I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
If one wanted to successfully (re)apply for a specific Ink card (and SUB) at 25 months, what’s the recommended amount of time between closure (of previous account) and re-application? Thank you.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
If you are looking at the number of accounts opened, it does not matter which bureau you use, they all have the same data.
In theory this is true. In actuality, not necessarily. Each bureau has different software for ingesting and retrieving customer credit information. Similarly, each bureau has a different process for handling credit disputes. It is naive to assume all three credit bureau will have the same data at all times.

In this case fivegirls has a different count of number of new accounts than whichever credit bureau Chase has checked. Either fivegirls miscounted, or the credit bureau has inaccurate information. This is why I suggested fivegirls to check the specific credit bureau Chase has accessed for the credit application.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:44 am
tb9

Chase Ink Preferred Spending Limit

I was approved for Chase ink preferred 2 months ago with 100K SUB after spending 15K. I am trying to put a lot of spending on the card in order to get the SUB. However, recently all the transactions using the card recently were declined and got to know from Chase it was due to reaching the monthly spending limit (6k) which is equaled to credit card limit. Is there a way to remove or increase the spending limit above 6k.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:12 am
mia

Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
Reduced CL on SO by 10,000 a few days ago ....had a total CL in excess of 80K all on personal cards .
I'm not sure how long it takes for a reduced credit limit to be reflected in Chase's approval algorithm, my impression is longer than "a few days".

$80,000 across Chase cards or across all issuers? Think about how that compares with your verifiable household income to judge if looks excessive.
PETERPNYC likes this.

Last edited by mia; Apr 12, 2022 at 10:27 am
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
If one wanted to successfully (re)apply for a specific Ink card (and SUB) at 25 months, what’s the recommended amount of time between closure (of previous account) and re-application? Thank you.
Per the wiki in the companion thread on personal card applications,
Chase's policy does not indicate whether there is also a minimum waiting period between cancellation and reapplication, and there is not yet sufficient anecdotal evidence from FTers to draw firm conclusions. At a minimum, a prudent churner will wait at least a week or two after cancellation before reapplying so that all of Chase's systems fully reflect that closure. … At least one FTer has reported re-applying successfully 14 days after canceling the previous card.
It has been a while since anybody updated this section—I say this in the belief that I wrote (or substantially edited) this passage quite a while back—but I don’t recall offhand seeing many data points. To be honest, I doubt there’s a fixed number & suspect the answer in any particular case depends on the vagaries of Chase IT.

Personally, I would wait a minimum of one week, but YMMV. And remember that Fortune f[…] the brave.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:04 pm
mia

I believe there is a period of time during which a recently closed account can be reopened. An application submitted during that period is likely to be rejected as a duplicate of an existing card. I do not know if the period is the same for personal and Business cards, but in the context of personal cards the typical advice is to wait 4 days if downgrading, or 30 days if cancelling.
Boraxo and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
... Personally, I would wait a minimum of one week, but YMMV. And remember that Fortune f[…] the brave.
Thank you.

LOL, love the irony of different translations of “f[…]”.

(FWIW, I have some experience with Chase including ~50 Chase cards in the past 16 years, 10 in the past 2 years and 3 on the same day a year and half ago. I always allow at least 30 days between cancellation and re-application for the same card. I asked here and now because I thought prudent recommendations might be more than 30 days.)

And remember that no good deed goes unpunished .
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
In theory this is true. In actuality, not necessarily. Each bureau has different software for ingesting and retrieving customer credit information. Similarly, each bureau has a different process for handling credit disputes. It is naive to assume all three credit bureau will have the same data at all times.

In this case fivegirls has a different count of number of new accounts than whichever credit bureau Chase has checked. Either fivegirls miscounted, or the credit bureau has inaccurate information. This is why I suggested fivegirls to check the specific credit bureau Chase has accessed for the credit application.
Thanks for this suggestion. Experian shows the Cardless account I opened May 17, trusting the bloggers that it wouldn't count toward 5/24. Bummer! But mystery solved.
SPN Lifer, RNE and happychic like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
I'm not sure how long it takes for a reduced credit limit to be reflected in Chase's approval algorithm, my impression is longer than "a few days".

$80,000 across Chase cards or across all issuers? Think about how that compares with your verifiable household income to judge if looks excessive.

She had over 80k on Chase alone. Longest relationship with Chase of all banks , Plus a Private Client with excess of total CL across All cards on deposit . Should I wait a few days or call her/mine private Banker ?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:18 pm

2 Chase cards same day? Also, Churn Ink Unlimited?

Hi All,
In late 2020 I got two Chase cards on the same day (United Biz and CFU). In October 2021 I got a Chase personal card (CSP). No cards since then. A lot of spend on my Chase cards though.
Is it a good or bad idea (lately) to try for two cards on the same day? Am I more likely to get both if I wait a month or more? The cards I'm considering are IHG Premier Business and United Explorer personal. I'd also like to get a Marriott card but I keep missing the good bonuses!

Also, I have Ink Unlimited and Ink Cash. I'm thinking of canceling the Unlimited and reapplying in a couple months or so to get another sign up bonus. I've had it for about 28 months. Thoughts? Thanks!
Kyle

Note, I currently have CFU, CFF, CF, SCP, and two IHG personal cards as well as the Ink Cash and Ink Unlimited. Am I getting to the point of having too many and needing to cancel one first?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.