Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:13 am
RNE

Originally Posted by metoo
Got an email from Chase that I was approved for the Chase Business Unlimited last night and will receive the card within 3 to 5 days. Only 5k credit limit but at least it is something. I see my credit card on the chase account.
You're welcome.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by metoo
Got an email from Chase that I was approved for the Chase Business Unlimited last night and will receive the card within 3 to 5 days. Only 5k credit limit but at least it is something. I see my credit card on the chase account.

Honestly don't think I would be approved
If you have another biz card (Ink Pref or Ink Cash), you can call and have them transfer some over if you need it to put higher spend on it. I swear, on my Ink Pref they doubled the limit (from $5K to $10K) within 2 days of my making the bonus spend. Almost as if they do it on purpose to try to make it more difficult to meet the spend.

update: on SO's Ink Business Cash card...I was keeping an eye on it to see if they would up the CL (from $3K) after earning the bonus on 2/15. Nothing happened for a couple weeks and then I forgot to keep watching. Just noticed this morning that the limit is now at $6900.

Last edited by fredc84; Mar 9, 2022 at 7:34 am
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:30 am

DP

I made the mistake of applying for a second business card (ink cash) 24 days since getting approved for the first card (ink preferred was approved 2/8), but luckily was approved. We do have personal and business checking accounts with Chase for several years so perhaps that helped?!? So the 1/30 isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:19 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by LittleYaris
We do have personal and business checking accounts with Chase for several years so perhaps that helped?!?
Unlikely.

So the 1/30 isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule.
Indeed it's not.

RNE, congratulating you on the new card.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by LittleYaris
I made the mistake of applying for a second business card (ink cash) 24 days since getting approved for the first card (ink preferred was approved 2/8), but luckily was approved. We do have personal and business checking accounts with Chase for several years so perhaps that helped?!? So the 1/30 isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule.
How long did it take for your first card to be approved? Because the "rule" is 30 days since your last application, not since your last approval.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
How long did it take for your first card to be approved? Because the "rule" is 30 days since your last application, not since your last approval.
The first card was approved the day after the application.
pallhedge likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:25 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Finally got an instant approval!

P2 applied for a CIP today on the 100k offer and was instantly approved with a $5k limit.

Sole prop using SSN, $0 business revenue but high household income. 2/24, last Chase approval was a personal card 3 months ago. Did NOT proactively lower the other business card credit lines this time. Will try to instead transfer some credit limit from other Ink cards to this new one in order to make some big purchases.
tstauck likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
My wife was under 5/24 until she got 2 chase personal cards in the last 6 months. She is a private client so what are the odds she would be auto approved for her First Ever BIZ Card .
Old Mar 21, 2022, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
My wife was under 5/24 until she got 2 chase personal cards in the last 6 months. She is a private client so what are the odds she would be auto approved for her First Ever BIZ Card .
So is she at 5/24 or more now? If so my guess is no way.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:32 pm

Anyone know if there are any higher in branch offers for the ink Business Unlimited?

I see they had offers as high as 200k points a few months ago.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:40 pm
RNE

Applied for the CIC. Instant approval. Not that a 75,000 UR SUB is great, but my wife is upgrading her diamond (again*) and its price is well in excess of the $7,500 min spend.

You may recall last year's upgrade: I'm about to upgrade P2's engagement diamond

RNE, hoping this doesn't become an annual ritual.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Newuser1
Anyone know if there are any higher in branch offers for the ink Business Unlimited?

I see they had offers as high as 200k points a few months ago.
My CPC banker only had the 100k offer. Decided to pass as the 150k UA Biz card offer is a better SUB for me. However I have not applied for anything recently as I need to spend $10k or so to get points under several retention offers and Boraxo doesn't do MS. Hopefully the SUBs will still be high in a couple of months.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:31 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by RNE
Applied for the CIC. Instant approval. Not that a 75,000 UR SUB is great, but my wife is upgrading her diamond (again*) and its price is well in excess of the $7,500 min spend.
Chase hard-pulled from TransUnion to approve my application. No problem. But here's a problem: Today Chase hard-pulled my Experian CR. Why? I haven't applied for any other cards. I haven't requested a credit line increase. What gives? Why the second hard pull a day later?
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by RNE
… Why the second hard pull a day later?
I think they do that for anyone who may possibly be “diamond laundering” , which is just what it sounds like, money laundering using diamonds instead of currency. Since it’s usually apparently honest men just trying to be good significant others, it’s more difficult to detect .

(Yes, of course I’m kidding, I couldn’t resist. In all seriousness, I consider RNE’s advice “Any schedule change …” to be among the absolute best advice, right up there with HUCA, in the frequent flyer world.)
RNE likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Mar 24, 2022 at 6:13 pm
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:55 am

How soon can I apply for the CIU if I got the CIP 2/8, and the CIC 3/9?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.