Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by LittleYaris
How soon can I apply for the CIU if I got the CIP 2/8, and the CIC 3/9?
4/10 is possible, though not likely to be approved. I would even go so far as to say, inadvisable. After 2 Chase cards in rapid succession like that, I would wait a minimum of 3 months before applying for another.
LittleYaris likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:58 am

• Applied for CIU midday on Wednesday, March 23
  • Within a couple hours, was getting the "we'll let you know in 2 weeks" message on the automated status line
  • As of today, Wednesday the 30th, still getting the 2 weeks message on the status line
Any idea if this is normal to still be hearing this a week later? Thoughts/suggestions? Thank you.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by bwin29
  • Applied for CIU midday on Wednesday, March 23
  • Within a couple hours, was getting the "we'll let you know in 2 weeks" message on the automated status line
  • As of today, Wednesday the 30th, still getting the 2 weeks message on the status line
Any idea if this is normal to still be hearing this a week later? Thoughts/suggestions? Thank you.
Chase's status info on their site and auto call-in are horrible. Since August, we've gotten 4 Ink's and 3 personal cards and the status has shown up from none of them.

I did call in and talked to an agent once to be told that I was approved within 48 hours, so you could do that. What I do now is watch my online account, they show up there within a couple days if I'm approved. But you have to have a business sign-in already, so if this is your first biz card, then it won't work, unfortunately.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:37 am

I already have a business account but nothing is showing up there.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
Chase's status info on their site and auto call-in are horrible. Since August, we've gotten 4 Ink's and 3 personal cards and the status has shown up from none of them.

I did call in and talked to an agent once to be told that I was approved within 48 hours, so you could do that. What I do now is watch my online account, they show up there within a couple days if I'm approved. But you have to have a business sign-in already, so if this is your first biz card, then it won't work, unfortunately.
I do already have a business account but the card is not showing up online. Is it worth a call to the agent given that I am getting the 2 weeks message? The Chase flowchart says to hold tight if you're getting the 2 weeks message, but I'm not sure if something has changed here more recently.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by bwin29
I do already have a business account but the card is not showing up online. Is it worth a call to the agent given that I am getting the 2 weeks message? The Chase flowchart says to hold tight if you're getting the 2 weeks message, but I'm not sure if something has changed here more recently.
I don't think anything has changed as far as what's recommended.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PETERPNYC
My wife was under 5/24 until she got 2 chase personal cards in the last 6 months. She is a private client so what are the odds she would be auto approved for her First Ever BIZ Card .
Just looked them up and she only has 2 chase personal; cards in August and November 2021 . Then back in 2018 a few . What is the best offer , likely to be auto approved .

Reluctant to check with Private Banker
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
? No More Current Cardholder/24 Month Language ?

In anticipation of an upcoming Ink application, I reviewed the application pages. For all 3 Ink cards, I did not see any “current cardholder/24 month” language. Wondering if there are any datapoints of successful applications (and SUBs) for same Ink cards and/or within 24 months. Thank you.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
In anticipation of an upcoming Ink application, I reviewed the application pages. For all 3 Ink cards, I did not see any “current cardholder/24 month” language. Wondering if there are any datapoints of successful applications (and SUBs) for same Ink cards and/or within 24 months. Thank you.
Click through to the application page. You will probably see a section near the bottom that says this: "I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months."

Even though that language is there, I see a lot of people saying that they get the bonus once under their SSN and then another under an EIN. I don't have personal experience with that.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by WmJustice
Even though that language is there, I see a lot of people saying that they get the bonus once under their SSN and then another under an EIN. I don't have personal experience with that.
I don't think the EIN makes any difference. SSN is always provided because "business" credit cards are issued to individuals, not to companies. Chase is apparently hungry enough to issue business cards without enforcing their published rules.
SPN Lifer and RNE like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Click through to the application page. ...
Thank you for the suggestion. 2nd post in 4 years, congratulations, welcome to the addiction that is FT .

I didn’t fall off the turnip truck yesterday , I’ve done this once or twice (~150 successful applications and SUBs in past 10 years), there is no there there (sorry, it’s early, had to use all my clichés for the day, no disrespect intended). The referenced language is NOT present on the various Ink application pages. (In contrast to the Chase IHG biz application pages where it is clearly and obviously present as it has been for most Chase biz application pages for several years.)
… bonus once under their SSN and then another under an EIN…
Thanks again, I’m wondering about applications using the same EIN or SSN.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....The referenced language is NOT present on the various Ink application pages.
Click [Apply]. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Certifications section, just above the mandatory checkbox which is above the [Submit] button.

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:29 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Will try to instead transfer some credit limit from other Ink cards to this new one in order to make some big purchases.
On my recent approval for an Ink card with only a $5000 credit line, I was able to successfully move partial credit line from two other business cards via secure message after activating the card.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by mia
Click [Apply]. Scroll all the way to the bottom ...
Yup, right there in front of my nose, thank you. Dozens of Chase applications, it’s usually on the application landing page and always quite obviously placed in bold print at the top of the “Offer Details” page. Interesting that they now choose to only display it hidden at the bottom of the fine print (which is not always read in its entirety).
Click through to the application page. You will probably see ...
Please again accept my apologies for my overly sarcastic prior reply. You were being helpful and I dissed you, terrible way to greet someone new (or newly active). Thank you again for your suggestions (which I should have heeded BEFORE replying). Please don't be turned off by my premature and immature reply.
SPN Lifer, bobert24 and PETERPNYC like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:07 am

(Feb 2022)
Datapoint: Applied yesterday … Biz card, “…need to review…“ … 10-15 minutes later called … Automated system said “you have been approved…” immediately checked my Chase Business account online, card listed along with my other Chase Biz cards ...
…Immediately checked my Chase Business account online …
Originally Posted by RNE
That's always my first step...
Lesson learned, thank you.

Just applied for IHG Biz. After 30 seconds got “in review” message, logged into account 2 minutes later, card present with generous limit, so incredulous that Chase would approve me again, thought it might be an April Fools’ prank, called automated system (yes, anal, no comments please ) for additional confirmation, “you have been approved”.

The question is why Chase chooses to state “in review” for applications which are essentially instant approvals. It would be better customer service and satisfaction to make that 30 seconds 60 or 90 seconds and state “approved”.

(Of course ultimately the answer to all questions that start with “why” is the same as why a dog licks his gonads (because he can), I’m wondering if Chase actually has any rational reasoning for this procedure.)

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.