Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by kyleay
…Is it a good or bad idea (lately) to try for two cards on the same day? Am I more likely to get both if I wait a month or more? … Thoughts? Thanks! …
There’s not a lot of recent datapoints and evidence regarding those questions.

In late 2020 I got 3 Chase cards on the same day, I thought that was very generous of Chase. 2 biz instant approvals followed by a personal application with a long recon call in which I was transferred back and forth between the same departments twice and endured several long holds. I’ve since somewhat regretted the over aggressiveness of that 3rd application and decided to no longer look a gift horse in the mouth, especially a Chase gift horse. Since then I’ve been approved for 7 more Chase cards, mostly biz, always 2-3 months between single applications.

Prior to 5/24 and 24/48 month language some people, particularly some bloggers, were much more aggressive with applications. Concern for possible shutdown has now become more significant so there’s little recent experience to draw upon.

… Am I getting to the point of having too many and needing to cancel one first?
Current reports and opinions are that # of Chase cards isn’t important, total Chase credit limit is the concern. There’s debate regarding maintaining high Chase total credit limit and risking a recon call to re-allocate credit limits to get an approval versus decreasing total Chase credit limit in the hope of an instant approval.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
There’s not a lot of recent datapoints and evidence regarding those questions.

Current reports and opinions are that # of Chase cards isn’t important, total Chase credit limit is the concern.
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated. I think I'll stagger my applications a bit.

Any thoughts on canceling / reapplying for the Ink Unlimited (a couple months later) to get another SUB? Hopefully the bonus stays the same for awhile. Thanks!
Boraxo likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
... Any thoughts on canceling / reapplying for the Ink Unlimited (a couple months later) to get another SUB? ...
Not sure how it will work out in the post 5/24 & post 24/48 month language environment but it’s what I plan to do, with at least 91 days between cancellation and re-applying. As someone here likes to write: it’s a marathon, not a sprint.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:59 pm

Not sure how it will work out in the post 5/24 & post 24/48 month language environment but it’s what I plan to do, with at least 91 days between cancellation and re-applying. As someone here likes to write: it’s a marathon, not a sprint.
Thanks again. Chase won't let me get a SUB on the Ink Unlimited (for a 2nd business of mine) while I still hold the first Ink Unlimited, correct? I'd prefer to have one for each business, but sounds like that isn't possible (at least not with SUBs). Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:00 am

Chase won't let me get a SUB on the Ink Unlimited (for a 2nd business of mine) while I still hold the first Ink Unlimited, correct?...
Incorrect IME.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Incorrect IME.
Really? You were able to get a SUB on two Ink Unlimited cards? Hmm... That changes things. How far apart were your applications? Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Really? You were able to get a SUB on two Ink Unlimited cards?....
We did too. Apps were abt 4 months apart-end of 2019 and early 2020.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
We did too. Apps were abt 4 months apart-end of 2019 and early 2020.
Same EIN?
Old Apr 24, 2022, 11:57 pm

Total credit limit for CIC recently increased from 3k to 6k. I just opened a CIU and was given a 3k limit. Does CIC have a minimum credit limit that I should be aware of? Any harm in transferring 3k credit from CIC to CIU for MSR purposes?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by FLIGHTRN
Total credit limit for CIC recently increased from 3k to 6k. I just opened a CIU and was given a 3k limit. Does CIC have a minimum credit limit that I should be aware of? Any harm in transferring 3k credit from CIC to CIU for MSR purposes?
I don't know if they have a minimum, but I left 3K on my Unlimited when I transferred some to my new Cash.
FLIGHTRN likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by fredc84
I don't know if they have a minimum, but I left 3K on my Unlimited when I transferred some to my new Cash.
When I transferred my CIC over to Ink Business Unlimited, the rep said I could transfer everything but $500 over.
FLIGHTRN likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I saw an article today on the new IHG business card coming out. Couldn't tell if you're allowed to get that and the bonus if you already have the personal IHG card.

Anyone know? TIA!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
When I transferred my CIC over to Ink Business Unlimited, the rep said I could transfer everything but $500 over.
Correct. Minimum CL for the Ink Cash is $500.

Originally Posted by tstauck
I saw an article today on the new IHG business card coming out. Couldn't tell if you're allowed to get that and the bonus if you already have the personal IHG card.

Anyone know? TIA!
They are treated as separate products & holding one has no bearing on ability to sign up for (& earn the SUB on) the other. I speak from experience.
tstauck likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
… IHG business card … allowed to get that and the bonus if you already have the personal IHG card. …
Agree with beltway, separate products. I also write from (recent) experience, first biz statement and bonus just a week ago.

FWIW, I believe that Chase often relaxes their approval criteria for new products. In 2016 I was approved for Sapphire Reserve within its first couple of months, just 2 months after a Sapphire Preferred approval. I was approved for UA Club Biz, Hyatt Biz and IHG Biz all within 1-2 months of their introductions and each time I was arguably in the middle of a (too) high velocity application cycle.
tstauck likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
They are treated as separate products & holding one has no bearing on ability to sign up for (& earn the SUB on) the other. I speak from experience.
Agree with beltway, separate products. I also write from (recent) experience, first biz statement and bonus just a week ago.
While there is indeed no lockout on getting the business IHG card while having a personal IHG card (or getting your first IHG personal card while having only the business IHG card), it's not as simple as because of them being separate products.

The different IHG personal cards are also separate products, but applying for them says in the offer details:

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any IHG® Rewards credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any IHG® Rewards credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. This does not apply to cardmembers of the IHG® Rewards Premier Business credit card.

So it's simply that personal vs business are separate enough.

And there are even cases where personal vs business are not "separate enough", like Chase Marriott personal cards have exclusions for both Chase and Amex Marriott business cards (though since the Chase Business Marriott cards have been unavailable for new applications for enough time now, they're no longer listed here):

Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:
  • are a current cardmember, or were a previous cardmember within the last 30 days, of Marriott Bonvoy® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express);
  • are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months; or
  • applied and were approved for Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card) within the last 90 days.
Though in the Marriott case, it's Marriott who's maintaining those exclusion lists (and that's why include both Chase and Amex Marriott cards).

So it's best to always read the "offer detail" to make sure you don't have anything that locks you out, because it's not always as simple as with the Chase IHG Business card.
PETERPNYC likes this.

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 30, 2022 at 7:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.