Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 1, 22, 10:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 2, 22, 7:06 am
  #346  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Bham, AL
Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Posts: 249
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
The Combine Points feature has been broken for a while. Basically, it seems no longer possible to add a new account number online.

see posts in this thread starting with https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33296316-post276.html
Thanks for the lead, even though it does kind of suck. Sigh.
northinsouth is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 9:27 am
  #347  
RNE
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: AKC
Posts: 8,951
Is Chase not fixing this easy-fix because it does not want to? That is, is it deliberately hampering combining between people?
RNE is offline  
Old Jun 7, 22, 10:31 am
  #348  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 11,762
Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Is Chase not fixing this easy-fix because it does not want to? That is, is it deliberately hampering combining between people?
Not just between people. I can't self-transfer between my Ink and my CSR after the CSR number changed.

My conspiracy POV is that they eventually want to remove the ability to transfer altogether. But it's also possible that it's on their to-do list to fix, just not very high priority.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:27 pm
  #349  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York
Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Posts: 1,175
Admin kind of question. Do those of you with 2 players (or more) in your household keep all your UR points in one person's account (say if I kept all of ours in my Ch Biz Pref card account) or keep all the points earned with the individual player who earned them until another person needs some.
fredc84 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:31 pm
  #350  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,409
Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
Admin kind of question. Do those of you with 2 players (or more) in your household keep all your UR points in one person's account (say if I kept all of ours in my Ch Biz Pref card account) or keep all the points earned with the individual player who earned them until another person needs some.
I prefer to warehouse points in the account tied to a premium cardóin my case, Ink Preferred. That way, if Chase suddenly decides to make it even harder to combine points, or even abolishes the practice, Iíll still be able to do partner transfers.
mia, MDtR-Chicago, RNE and 2 others like this.
beltway is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:14 pm
  #351  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York
Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Posts: 1,175
Originally Posted by beltway View Post
I prefer to warehouse points in the account tied to a premium cardóin my case, Ink Preferred. That way, if Chase suddenly decides to make it even harder to combine points, or even abolishes the practice, Iíll still be able to do partner transfers.
Right, that's what I do...but I'm asking if there are two people (or more) earning points...keep them separate in each persons' accounts or combine all in the household in one person's account.
RNE likes this.
fredc84 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:24 pm
  #352  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 45,197
Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
....combine all in the household in one person's account.
I do this because it's easy to see the total amount available.
RNE likes this.
mia is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:44 pm
  #353  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,409
Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
Right, that's what I do...but I'm asking if there are two people (or more) earning points...keep them separate in each persons' accounts or combine all in the household in one person's account.
My answer was for me & my DW, as we have but a single premium card between us. If both/all participants have premium cards in their own names, it seems fine to me to keep separate stashes as long as they're in the premium-card UR accounts.
beltway is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 5:26 pm
  #354  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York
Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Posts: 1,175
Thanks ya'll.
fredc84 is offline  
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:59 pm
  #355  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 11,762
Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
Right, that's what I do...but I'm asking if there are two people (or more) earning points...keep them separate in each persons' accounts or combine all in the household in one person's account.

I need to have my wife transfer her CSP points to my CSR account. It sucks that I canít do that online - getting my wife to call Chase is extra work she doesnít need. I am the travel booker and generally try to move everything I can to my accounts. Bigger balances are better than split balances, and I often have status and she doesnít.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:12 am
  #356  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,541
Oh wow. I never really read this thread because I had no trouble transferring points. I thought this thread was for a few folks who had website difficulties. Didn't know that you can't add destination transfer anymore!
Need is offline  
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:25 am
  #357  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 11,762
Originally Posted by Need View Post
Oh wow. I never really read this thread because I had no trouble transferring points. I thought this thread was for a few folks who had website difficulties. Didn't know that you can't add destination transfer anymore!
Yeah, I didnít read it until I misplaced/lost my CSR, got a new one with a new number, and transfers no longer worked.
notquiteaff is online now  
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:46 am
  #358  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 3,541
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Yeah, I didnít read it until I misplaced/lost my CSR, got a new one with a new number, and transfers no longer worked.
I didn't do my routine monthly transfer for a few months, and just today I logged in to transfer and found that they have changed the interface. It no longer defaults to the full amount of points for the transfer. It default to 0 and you have to manually type in the amount. I think they are trying to make it more and more difficult to transfer.
Need is offline  
Old Jun 9, 22, 9:02 am
  #359  
RNE
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: AKC
Posts: 8,951
Originally Posted by Need View Post
...they have changed the interface. It no longer defaults to the full amount of points for the transfer. It default to 0 and you have to manually type in the amount.
It's been like that for months. This nuisance is another reason I think Chase is deliberately making it hard to combine (not "transfer," by the way ) points.
RNE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread