Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 1, 22, 10:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 2, 22, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
The Combine Points feature has been broken for a while. Basically, it seems no longer possible to add a new account number online.

see posts in this thread starting with https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33296316-post276.html
Thanks for the lead, even though it does kind of suck. Sigh.
Old Jun 7, 22, 9:27 am
RNE

Is Chase not fixing this easy-fix because it does not want to? That is, is it deliberately hampering combining between people?
Old Jun 7, 22, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS G75k, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RNE View Post
Is Chase not fixing this easy-fix because it does not want to? That is, is it deliberately hampering combining between people?
Not just between people. I can't self-transfer between my Ink and my CSR after the CSR number changed.

My conspiracy POV is that they eventually want to remove the ability to transfer altogether. But it's also possible that it's on their to-do list to fix, just not very high priority.
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:27 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Admin kind of question. Do those of you with 2 players (or more) in your household keep all your UR points in one person's account (say if I kept all of ours in my Ch Biz Pref card account) or keep all the points earned with the individual player who earned them until another person needs some.
Old Jun 8, 22, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84 View Post
Admin kind of question. Do those of you with 2 players (or more) in your household keep all your UR points in one person's account (say if I kept all of ours in my Ch Biz Pref card account) or keep all the points earned with the individual player who earned them until another person needs some.
I prefer to warehouse points in the account tied to a premium cardin my case, Ink Preferred. That way, if Chase suddenly decides to make it even harder to combine points, or even abolishes the practice, Ill still be able to do partner transfers.
mia, MDtR-Chicago, RNE and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by beltway View Post
I prefer to warehouse points in the account tied to a premium cardin my case, Ink Preferred. That way, if Chase suddenly decides to make it even harder to combine points, or even abolishes the practice, Ill still be able to do partner transfers.
Right, that's what I do...but I'm asking if there are two people (or more) earning points...keep them separate in each persons' accounts or combine all in the household in one person's account.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:24 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....combine all in the household in one person's account.
I do this because it's easy to see the total amount available.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 8, 22, 4:44 pm

Right, that's what I do...but I'm asking if there are two people (or more) earning points...keep them separate in each persons' accounts or combine all in the household in one person's account.
My answer was for me & my DW, as we have but a single premium card between us. If both/all participants have premium cards in their own names, it seems fine to me to keep separate stashes as long as they're in the premium-card UR accounts.
Old Jun 8, 22, 5:26 pm

Thanks ya'll.
Old Jun 8, 22, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I need to have my wife transfer her CSP points to my CSR account. It sucks that I cant do that online - getting my wife to call Chase is extra work she doesnt need. I am the travel booker and generally try to move everything I can to my accounts. Bigger balances are better than split balances, and I often have status and she doesnt.
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:12 am

Oh wow. I never really read this thread because I had no trouble transferring points. I thought this thread was for a few folks who had website difficulties. Didn't know that you can't add destination transfer anymore!
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Need View Post
Oh wow. I never really read this thread because I had no trouble transferring points. I thought this thread was for a few folks who had website difficulties. Didn't know that you can't add destination transfer anymore!
Yeah, I didnt read it until I misplaced/lost my CSR, got a new one with a new number, and transfers no longer worked.
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
Yeah, I didnt read it until I misplaced/lost my CSR, got a new one with a new number, and transfers no longer worked.
I didn't do my routine monthly transfer for a few months, and just today I logged in to transfer and found that they have changed the interface. It no longer defaults to the full amount of points for the transfer. It default to 0 and you have to manually type in the amount. I think they are trying to make it more and more difficult to transfer.
Old Jun 9, 22, 9:02 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Need View Post
...they have changed the interface. It no longer defaults to the full amount of points for the transfer. It default to 0 and you have to manually type in the amount.
It's been like that for months. This nuisance is another reason I think Chase is deliberately making it hard to combine (not "transfer," by the way ) points.
Old Sep 25, 22, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone been able to get customer service via Secure Message to add a new “combine” target?

My Ink card has no targets since the link to my CSR was broken after a card replacement changing the CSR number. In the past I had called them to ask for the new card to be added, and they said they did it and also moved all my points. But as others have also seen, they didn’t actually add the card as a target for me to do my own transfers.

So today I sent them a SM and included a screenshot showing clearly that the Ink account has no transfer targets. I asked them to add my CSR. They replied that they see my CSR as a target. Where?! Is their internal system perhaps showing it, but the bug is that it doesn’t get surfaced in the app or web UI for customers? And they offered to help with moving points (I really want to do that myself).

I followed up with pointing out, again, that the screenshot clearly doesn’t show any transfer targets. Waiting to hear back.

Search this Thread