Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Mid last year Chase removed the ability to add destination accounts when transferring points online. There were reports that phone reps still have the ability to transfer points and add/change destination accounts.

When I called late last year, the rep told me that they could add the destination account but the existing one would be removed. This time (last week), the rep said that they only have the ability to transfer points but not adding destination accounts.
Thanks for the answer. It sounds like steady progress toward less customer friendliness.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by serpens
Thanks for the answer. It sounds like steady progress toward less customer friendliness.
Correct. Since this worked easily online for many years, without a need to call in, clearly this has been an intentional decision to inject "friction" into the process.

Regards
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
This is contrary to what the rep told me last week (although I trust mia more than a Chase rep regarding this) ....
In this instance it sounds as if my experience and understanding are stale.

I understand why Chase might want to make it more difficult to Combine with another person's account, but not with the cardholder's own accounts.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
In this instance it sounds as if my experience and understanding are stale.

I understand why Chase might want to make it more difficult to Combine with another person's account, but not with the cardholder's own accounts.
It is quite annoying. I can't even add the Ink card under my name as the transfer destination of my Freedom cards.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by serpens
It's downright user-hostile.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by beltway
It's downright user-hostile.
I got a new Sapphire Preferred number (old one was cancelled due to an unauthorized charge) and lost the ability to transfer from my Ink to my CSP. I called last month and they said that they would do it manually, and then it would be there the next time I tried.

I checked right away, but since I had no points I couldn't see until this month's statement closed. So I checked now, and nope. Nothing is there, no ability to add it. I will call back and ask them to transfer a subset of points so I can check right away but does not look promising.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by md125
I got a new Sapphire Preferred number (old one was cancelled due to an unauthorized charge) and lost the ability to transfer from my Ink to my CSP. I called last month and they said that they would do it manually, and then it would be there the next time I tried.

I checked right away, but since I had no points I couldn't see until this month's statement closed. So I checked now, and nope. Nothing is there, no ability to add it. I will call back and ask them to transfer a subset of points so I can check right away but does not look promising.
They told me the same last month, and I would be shocked if the transfer link would be magically showing up in a few days when the Ink statement closes.

They are either incompetent or this is just the first next step to removing the transfer ability altogether.
md125 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by md125

This is exactly what happened to me. It's a minor inconvenience to call once every month or two, but ridiculous to have to do this when the architecture to perform this hassle-free online clearly exists.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Any updates on this situation? I haven't transferred from my Ink cards to my CSR in a while and when I logged in just now, there were no destination cards other than the Ink cards and no way to add a new destination account.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
You basically have to call and ask for the transfer to be done manually. They may tell you that that will add the target card to your list of destination cards and that you will be able to do it yourself online in the future, but that seems to be incorrect.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:14 am
RNE

I've noticed that the combine process now requires typing in a dollar amount. There's no default to combine all points from one card to another.
Old May 1, 2022, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
You basically have to call and ask for the transfer to be done manually. They may tell you that that will add the target card to your list of destination cards and that you will be able to do it yourself online in the future, but that seems to be incorrect.
Yeah, tried again last week and got the same answer - but nothing updated online.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 12:11 pm

Smile Success via secure messaging!

Yesterday my spouse sent a SM asking to combine xxxx UR's from his Sapphire Preferred ending 1234 to his spouse's Freedom ending 5678. (The Freedom was not listed on his Combine page.) In a few hours a CSR replied, saying it was done, and so it was. And when he looked at his Combine page, the Freedom was listed as an option. So then he combined xxxxxx UR's from his Sapphire Preferred to his spouses Freedom. The Spouse then manually combined her new UR's from her Freedom onto her Sapphire Reserve.
Seems like a change for the better has transpired!
beltway, MDtR-Chicago and md125 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Cannot sync reissued CSR to FU accounts

I am an authorized user on my wife's FU unlimited card, and my wife is an authorized user on my CSR. For the past year, we've been transferring her FU points onto my CSR. However, about 6 weeks ago, she lost her CSR and we had new cards issued to us. Today, I went to transfer the FU points to the CSR, and stupidly erased the old account number thinking I could add the reissued CSR account by hand. Instead, I now am unable to link up the accounts. I tried calling Chase (we are abroad right now) and they seem clueless on what to do. Any recommendations here? I tried to add through both my wife's and my own account, and no dice.

Thanks for any help!

Late Edit: After three calls, I was able to combine the points by phone after hitting the right rep and explaining myself more succinctly. Still not showing up online, but no big deal right now.

Last edited by northinsouth; Jun 2, 2022 at 4:42 am Reason: Situation change
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Combine Points feature has been broken for a while. Basically, it seems no longer possible to add a new account number online.

see posts in this thread starting with https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33296316-post276.html
northinsouth likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.