Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Has anyone been able to get customer service via Secure Message to add a new “combine” target?

So today I sent them a SM and included a screenshot showing clearly that the Ink account has no transfer targets. I asked them to add my CSR. They replied that they see my CSR as a target. Where?! Is their internal system perhaps showing it, but the bug is that it doesn’t get surfaced in the app or web UI for customers? And they offered to help with moving points (I really want to do that myself).

I followed up with pointing out, again, that the screenshot clearly doesn’t show any transfer targets. Waiting to hear back.
Took several days to get a follow up response:

I understand how important this is for you, and I am happy to further assist. I certainly understand you do not have an option to combine the points on line. Since this may be a technical issue, You will need to contact us at the number on the back of the card and speak to Business Online Technical Support to link your online consumer accounts to your business account. This way you will be able to combine the points.

Our our side, our records do show the accounts ending in 2XXX and 3YYY are link to the business account. for your convenience, reply to this email with the amount of points you wish to transfer and the account number to transfer to and we will be happy to combine the points for you.

3YYY is my CFU and was never linked to the Ink, so clearly what they see as linked is completely irrelevant.

I then submitted a SM request to move most of my points. Response: we have forwarded your request to the appropriate department and it will take 5 business days to process.

I waited four days (fortunately PYB was extended and I had enough points to make a United transfer from the CSR) and nothing happened. Then I had some spare time and decided to call. Asked the INK customer service to link the cards. The agent said I would have to talk to some sort of tech support and she transferred me. The techie lady said it was no longer possible to link cards under different profiles and that I would have to move my personal and business cards under the same business profile (when she said profile I think she meant login). She made it sound like this would work, but also said that I would still retain the ability to log into my personal profile if I wanted to just see my personal cards. That sounded odd to me, so I declined, asked to be transferred back to regular customer service, and they moved my points in five seconds.

Sigh.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 11:16 am

[…]I would have to move my personal and business cards under the same business profile (when she said profile I think she meant login). She made it sound like this would work, but also said that I would still retain the ability to log into my personal profile if I wanted to just see my personal cards. That sounded odd to me, so I declined
I resisted this for a long time, but finally gave in because the only alternative was to call every time I wanted to combine points. Apart from some slightly annoying quirks—it’s harder to view Chase Offers in the web interface for business cards—it has turned out fine. And you can always de-link your personal cards if you want to go back to having non-overlapping logins.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by beltway
I resisted this for a long time, but finally gave in because the only alternative was to call every time I wanted to combine points. Apart from some slightly annoying quirks—it’s harder to view Chase Offers in the web interface for business cards—it has turned out fine. And you can always de-link your personal cards if you want to go back to having non-overlapping logins.
So we’re you actually able to establish new links for combining points after you had your personal cards added to your business login account?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:38 pm

So we’re you actually able to establish new links for combining points after you had your personal cards added to your business login account?
No, but it does allow points to be combined freely across all UR cards—both business & personal—in the unified account. (My personal cards had been linked to a card of my DW’s that I stupidly closed, trapping my personal-card-earned UR. Conjoining my personal & biz cards enabled me to combine those points into my Ink Preferred pot of UR.)

It doesn’t solve the problem of being unable to create links to combine UR into another cardholder’s account, alas.
notquiteaff and happychic like this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
My husband's CSR that is linked to my CSP has been compromised TWICE since I last did a combination of UR points. The card number shown in my account is actually card #2, but not his current one #3. I never updated it for #2 though. But I suppose I will need to call to get it updated. Fun times.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airb330
My husband's CSR that is linked to my CSP has been compromised TWICE since I last did a combination of UR points. The card number shown in my account is actually card #2, but not his current one #3. I never updated it for #2 though. But I suppose I will need to call to get it updated. Fun times.
Please report back if you can get it updated.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 7:51 am

So my CSR card that was saved under my wifes account to combine points is no longer valid since i lost that card and was issued a new one.

Dont see a way to add my new card to her account so we can combine points. Did they take that ability away?
airb330 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LReyes66
Did they take that ability away?
Yes, but you can try a test transaction using the stored number. Even though the physical card number has changed it is still the same account and might work. If not, you will need to have Chase customer service move the points manually each time that you want to Combine.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, but you can try a test transaction using the stored number. Even though the physical card number has changed it is still the same account and might work.
Certainly worth trying, but in my experience a number change breaks the link.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33892418-post301.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33892418-post304.html
beltway and mia like this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, but you can try a test transaction using the stored number. Even though the physical card number has changed it is still the same account and might work. If not, you will need to have Chase customer service move the points manually each time that you want to Combine.
Certainly worth trying, but in my experience a number change breaks the link.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33892418-post301.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33892418-post304.html
Yeah i tried doing a test run with 1000 points and would fail.
mia likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:04 am
RNE

So, do we know yet whether a secure message will work to combine points from P1's card to P2's card? Moreover, will it then established a link between cards that enables future combining online?
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by LReyes66
Yeah i tried doing a test run with 1000 points and would fail.
My CSR had a fraud charge a few months ago and had to change to a new number. I did a test transfer to the old number and failed too. Removed the CSR from my wife's account and no way to add it back. Good thing the Ink account got good 1.5x pay yourself back categories. I think the same cat that gave me 3x points also got 1.5x pay back. It is good enough for me.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
So, do we know yet whether a secure message will work to combine points from P1's card to P2's card? Moreover, will it then established a link between cards that enables future combining online?
I tried SM. On 9/30 sent msg requesting transfer and received reply

I forwarded your message to the appropriate department. You should receive a response within five business days. “

on 10/4 I called and had the agent do the transfer on the phone. On 10/6 I finally got an SM stating that I didn’t have any points left in my Ink (duh!)

I would not expect at this point to be able to establish a transfer link via phone or SM except perhaps between business and personal cards for the same person if you move them under one login (see recent discussion).
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:04 am

Please report back if you can get it updated.
Update from 10/6, since that CSR fraud & new number I tried to combine the points. Didn't work, just like everyone else mentioned here. I tried via SM. Also a no, just like everyone else here.

I guess I will need to call...and they probably can't link it still? But they can do it manually? This is crazy. Clearly they just want to remove the feature. But agitating customers and likely their own staff isn't a good way to do it.
RNE likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:43 am

Did a quick call early today. The rep was great. Combined my points in about 45 seconds and made sure it shows up online (which it does).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.