Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex (USA) adds new requirement for minimum $1,000 annual Business Revenue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:15 am
Original Poster

I just check on every single Amex business card, and it look like in the past we can put in as low as $10 for annual business revenue. Now it look like Amex require "Your Annual Business Revenue must contain at least foru (4) digits", I guess now it is hard for those of us who do not have a real business to apply. Because I don't want to lie on the application an put down $1000, anyone see the same experience?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
What I don't get is presumably in the past people are starting up a business with no revenue....
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
If you don't have a Business you are already lying by applying. What's one more lie?
krazykanuck, seawolf and codex57 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer
If you don't have a Business you are already lying by applying. What's one more lie?
But at least put down $10 as Revenue I can provide Ebay because at least I sell a few item for that much revenue, but for $1000 revenue heckno I can't pull up if they ask me for proof. So sad now I don't have a chance to apply for Business at least for Amex
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
But at least put down $10 as Revenue I can provide Ebay because at least I sell a few item for that much revenue, but for $1000 revenue heckno I can't pull up if they ask me for proof. So sad now I don't have a chance to apply for Business at least for Amex
$1,000 is your projected annual revenue for the next year, if asked.
codex57, B3nder and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
If a person isn't fast on their feet and know how to answer basic questions they should not apply.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Originally Posted by mhdena
If a person isn't fast on their feet and know how to answer basic questions they should not apply.
Heheheh your guys are awesome, there is a REASON now thanks guys!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:56 pm

Surely you are selling $1000 worth of stuff to someone over the year. That's only $100 in sales per month, which can be as unprovable as yard sales.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
$0001 has 4 digits...
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:40 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by swingaling
$0001 has 4 digits...
In my preliminary test the field will not accept input beginning with a 0. Testing with other browsers might product a different result.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I'm not sure what it says about Amex if they give cards to "businesses" with $10 of projected annual revenue. It doesn't seem like very sound lending practices
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Low Roller
I'm not sure what it says about Amex if they give cards to "businesses" with $10 of projected annual revenue. It doesn't seem like very sound lending practices
Similar to the “ninja” mortgages the banks were doing in 2007.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
I just check on every single Amex business card, and it look like in the past we can put in as low as $10 for annual business revenue. Now it look like Amex require "Your Annual Business Revenue must contain at least foru (4) digits", I guess now it is hard for those of us who do not have a real business to apply. Because I don't want to lie on the application an put down $1000, anyone see the same experience?
Are you certain this is new? The 4-digit revenue requirement rings awfully familiar to me.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:30 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
I've always entered around $5k for my projected photography income (side job / hobby) and got approved so wasn't aware this was a new requirement.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Is there much benefit to the business vs personal cards, enough to falsify the application? Or perhaps people want both the personal and business versions of certain cards?

To me the business card is less attractive if only for the ugly aesthetics of its physical design (first world problem), but I use mine for business so I figure that makes the most sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.