Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2020, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Is your credit limit at least $5k on that card? Any lower and it can't be product changed.
yes.
Old May 16, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by pallhedge
Is your credit limit at least $5k on that card? Any lower and it can't be product changed.
Visa Signature cards have a minimum credit limit of $5k, so unless Chase is violating Visa rules this shouldn't be an issue
Old May 16, 2020, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by N104UA
Visa Signature cards have a minimum credit limit of $5k, so unless Chase is violating Visa rules this shouldn't be an issue
Sorry, this is just not true. Chase's Visa Signature cards require a minimum credit limit of 5k at approval. You can lower limits with Chase down to $500 after the fact. You might lose the Signature benefits when you do this, but there's certainly no violating of any rules.
lsquare likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 9:55 am

I purchased United tickets on my Explorer card. AF just hit and thinking of cancelling. I also have the United Business card that has the same bag benefit. Can I still get the bag benefit for flights charged to the cancelled card so long as I still have the other card?
Old May 25, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Any bets if the sign up bonus will increase soon? I’m planning to get the card due to some upcoming UA travel, but hesitant that the bonus will go up.
Old May 26, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: UA Gold, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by allseas1586
Any bets if the sign up bonus will increase soon? I’m planning to get the card due to some upcoming UA travel, but hesitant that the bonus will go up.
Probably not a bad guess. I can't imagine too many people are signing up right now.
Old May 26, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by allseas1586
UA recently was quoted in an earnings call that they are working with Chase to increase CC usage, I assume this means increased sign up bonus and spend offers for existing cardholders
Old May 26, 2020, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N104UA
UA recently was quoted in an earnings call that they are working with Chase to increase CC usage, I assume this means increased sign up bonus and spend offers for existing cardholders
I would assume this means increased sign up bonus and/or spend offers for existing cardholders, not necessarily both. If they feel that too many people who get sign up bonuses will "sock drawer" the card afterwards, they may not want to increased sign up bonuses, and may instead prefer to do more spend offers for existing cardholders, which they're already doing on some cards including United Explorer cards:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...all-cards.html

except that the way they chose to do it is not very enticing to those who also have the Freedom card, where grocery is 5x this quarter.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:50 am

Hello, I just got a United Mileage Plus Explorer Card and I have 2 questions:

1) Can I redeem miles earned on purchases for statement credit (eg like how the chase freedom works)?
2) What happens to my miles earned by spending on the MPE card if I cancel the card in the future?

Thank you!
Old Jun 3, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by WannaTravelAgain
Hello, I just got a United Mileage Plus Explorer Card and I have 2 questions:

1) Can I redeem miles earned on purchases for statement credit (eg like how the chase freedom works)?
2) What happens to my miles earned by spending on the MPE card if I cancel the card in the future?

Thank you!
(1) No, the Chase Freedom card earns Ultimate Rewards points that can be used for cash back OR transferred to a partner like United, but the miles earned by MPE are just normal United miles (RDMs) that go straight into your MileagePlus account.

(2) If you cancel your MPE card your miles which are in your MileagePlus account stay there. You don't lose them or anything like that.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:32 pm

If I book a UA flight using the Explorer card, but cancel or downgrade the card before my flight, will I still receive Group 2 boarding on the flight?

Ticket is economy and I don't have any status with United.

Thanks!
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by jdel06
If I book a UA flight using the Explorer card, but cancel or downgrade the card before my flight, will I still receive Group 2 boarding on the flight?
No. Priority boarding benefit is based on the time you fly, not the time you book.
jdel06 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just spoke with Chase. They offer no incentive to keep or earn anything to hold the annual fee card (even with Covid-19 and our inability to fly). The rep said the only thing I could do was downgrade the card to a no annual fee card (with modified benefits) and then upgrade it back after 12 months has passed (when hopefully Covid-19 has passed). So annoying, I am considering the downgrade.

Anyone else heard of any retention offers during Covid?
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:36 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Anyone else heard of any retention offers during Covid?
Please see this thread, and use Search this Thread with the keyword "Explorer": https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
I’m seeing the current offer on the UA app of 25,000 miles after $2k spend and $250 statement credit after first purchase. Is this a better deal than the 40k/$2k offer? Trying to figure out if I should apply now or wait for a 50k/60k offer.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.