Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Old Jan 29, 2020, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Welcome to FT.

I suggest you wait the 6-8 wks after your first purchase before contacting Chase. It's been 2+ wks since you signed up on 1/12. Assuming you meet the TC, the credit should appear by the second statement.

*** Above i noted..that Chase Explorer Support Manager disputed the fact that I signed up for the $250 statement promo credit at all.. he said i signed up for a differnt promo.one that does Not include statement credits..only miles for purchases.
so.. "waiting 6 to 8 weeks" is immaterial to the issue of the BAIT N SWITCH trick to get people to click a false offer.
CHASE IS DECEPTIVE advertising on United Website.
I hold both accountable for FRAUD

Last edited by mia; Jan 30, 2020 at 6:21 am Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 30, 2020, 6:23 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Helen VA
....Manager disputed the fact that I signed up for the $250 statement promo credit ...
Customer service agents and managers at all mass market companies often invent explanations when they do not know what's happening. Have you looked at the thread linked in Troopers reply?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Interesting offer from Chase today for my Explorer Card:

Offer period Feb 1-Mar 31

Spend $600 during the offer period and get an additional 2,200 miles, then an additional 1 bonus mile per dollar up to $9k in spend.

Going to do the first $600 as that comes to 4.66 or 5.66 miles per dollar spent after factoring 1 or 2 miles per dollar normal earning rate. Then I will switch back to my CSR and Freedom Unlimited Combo, as I would rather have UR points instead of UA miles.

I will note I only use my UA card for UA purchases (tickets and on board), so not sure how targeted this offer is
Old Feb 3, 2020, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by N104UA
Interesting offer from Chase today for my Explorer Card:

Offer period Feb 1-Mar 31

Spend $600 during the offer period and get an additional 2,200 miles, then an additional 1 bonus mile per dollar up to $9k in spend.

Going to do the first $600 as that comes to 4.66 or 5.66 miles per dollar spent after factoring 1 or 2 miles per dollar normal earning rate. Then I will switch back to my CSR and Freedom Unlimited Combo, as I would rather have UR points instead of UA miles.

I will note I only use my UA card for UA purchases (tickets and on board), so not sure how targeted this offer is
I got a slightly different one (though yours is better)

6100 bonus miles for $3500 in spend; 1 bonus mile / $ after that up to 12k total bonus miles.

So assuming I spend $3500 or more, that's
2.74 total miles / $ in the first $3500
2 total miles / $ on the next $5900

I'll probably throw some otherwise unbonused spend on it to hit the $3500 threshhold. 2 miles/$ after that doesn't really excite me... UA miles just aren't all that valuable.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I got a slightly different one (though yours is better)

6100 bonus miles for $3500 in spend; 1 bonus mile / $ after that up to 12k total bonus miles.

So assuming I spend $3500 or more, that's
2.74 total miles / $ in the first $3500
2 total miles / $ on the next $5900

I'll probably throw some otherwise unbonused spend on it to hit the $3500 threshhold. 2 miles/$ after that doesn't really excite me... UA miles just aren't all that valuable.
where are you finding these offers, on the web, app or elsewhere?? Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
where are you finding these offers, on the web, app or elsewhere?? Thanks.
Email. Targeted (since everyone has different offers)

The landing page is here: https://promotions.united.com/offers...tionmilesoffer
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Nice. Thanks for the link. I got the following:

Congratulations youre registered

OLIVER, congratulations youve successfully registered for the Destination: Miles promotion.

Here's your personalized opportunity to maximize your bonus miles between February 1 and March 31, 20201.Your offer goal: Spend at least $500 on purchases and earn 1,000 bonus miles.
After you spend $500 in total (your offer goal), you'll continue to earn 1 additional mile per $1 spent (up to 8,000 bonus miles).

For the Card ending in xxxx
Date of Registration: February 4, 2020
Haven't used the card since October...
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:29 am

My offer:

Tier 1
Spend at least $6,700 on purchases and earn 3,300 additional miles.
(or) Tier 2
Spend at least $7,200 on purchases and earn 4,200 additional miles.
(or) Tier 3
Spend at least $8,100 on purchases and earn 6,300 additional miles.

Not enough to lure me in.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle

thanks, no offer here
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:03 am

"Here's your personalized opportunity to maximize your bonus miles between February 1 and March 31, 20201.

Your offer goal: Spend at least $600 on purchases and earn 2,000 bonus miles.

After you spend $600 in total (your offer goal), you'll continue to earn 1 additional mile per $1 spent (up to 9,000 bonus miles)."

For those looking to game this, the footnote says "Register in the month of February and your purchases will count toward your total spending from February 1 to March 31, 2020. Register in the month of March and your purchases will count toward your total spending from March 1 to March 31, 2020. All registration and spending deadlines are 11:59 p.m. CT on the last day of the month."
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:12 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
thanks, no offer here
Same here:

Were sorry your United MileagePlus Credit Card isnt eligible to participate in this promotion. We apologize for any confusion. Thank you for being a Cardmember.
On the other hand, I received this promotion several days ago:

Save some time in your busy life with your contactless Chase Visa credit card. Tap to pay three times from Jan. 30 through Feb. 29, 2020, and receive 500 Miles when each purchase is $1.75 or more.*

No enrollment is necessary just tap, pay and go!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
My offer:

Your offer goal: Spend at least $5,600 on purchases and earn 2,300 bonus miles.
Yeaaaaaah, no.
beltway likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Rock. But did receive and make last year's 2k for 2k offer.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:03 am

If I apply for this card and get approved, will it instantly show up as a payment method in my MP account? Or will I have to wait till I get the card in the mail to make purchases on United?
Hearing conflicting reports.

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:05 am

I don't recall either of my 2 UA cards instantly/automatically showing up in MP account. I had to manually add them upon receipt of the physical card.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.