Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Just spoke with Chase. They offer no incentive to keep or earn anything to hold the annual fee card (even with Covid-19 and our inability to fly). The rep said the only thing I could do was downgrade the card to a no annual fee card (with modified benefits) and then upgrade it back after 12 months has passed (when hopefully Covid-19 has passed). So annoying, I am considering the downgrade.

Anyone else heard of any retention offers during Covid?
Just cancel the card now and apply again when a new offer appears and you are outside the limit. Win win.

Originally Posted by allseas1586
I’m seeing the current offer on the UA app of 25,000 miles after $2k spend and $250 statement credit after first purchase. Is this a better deal than the 40k/$2k offer? Trying to figure out if I should apply now or wait for a 50k/60k offer.
I would only apply when the have a 60k offer.
philemer likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just cancel the card now and apply again when a new offer appears and you are outside the limit. Win win.

I would only apply when the have a 60k offer.
Do you think there will be a 60k offer this year? Only wondering because it sounds like Chase, among other issuers, aren’t really looking to extend credit right now.

That said, I just got an email offer for 50k - 40k after $2k spend/3 months and another 10k after total $5k spend/6 months. Expires August 1.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Do you think there will be a 60k offer this year? Only wondering because it sounds like Chase, among other issuers, aren’t really looking to extend credit right now.
Chase will still check your credit, that wouldn't exclude an offer.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....sounds like Chase, among other issuers, aren’t really looking to extend credit right now.
Issuers are always looking to extend credit to the right customers. United is looking to sell miles, and Chase has contractual obligations to help United do this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 9:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Chase will still check your credit, that wouldn't exclude an offer.
Originally Posted by mia
Issuers are always looking to extend credit to the right customers. United is looking to sell miles, and Chase has contractual obligations to help United do this.
So do you think we will see the 60k offer again this fall then?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
So do you think we will see the 60k offer again this fall then?
Well it's available again right now.

Although while 60k may be above average in absolute terms for what Chase has historically offered on this card, with the amount of devaluation that UA has been doing with MP, they really need to up their offer to 75-80k to make this card enticing.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
activation link to 5x gas & groceries ending sept 30:

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/united33

I never got the e-mail with the link to this, so I called a chase rep who provided it
SPN Lifer and BThumme like this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 6:31 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Damond, Amex
Can we pay the $525 annual fee of Chase United Club Infinite using United Mileages?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: Korean Air Morning Calm, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by AirDream
Can we pay the $525 annual fee of Chase United Club Infinite using United Mileages?
Don't. You can get better value from redeeming actual flights
Old Aug 9, 2020, 11:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by econ

Although while 60k may be above average in absolute terms for what Chase has historically offered on this card, with the amount of devaluation that UA has been doing with MP, they really need to up their offer to 75-80k to make this card enticing.
Thanks for the offer, but tying yourself to one airline credit card at this point in time doesn’t seem to be a wise choice.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by econ

I’m glad I waited! Just waiting for the card to arrive, although the trip that I wanted the miles for now seems to be postponed indefinitely...
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Is there any way to cancel this card that doesn’t require making a phone call and speaking to an actual human?
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL AA Hilton Hyatt
Originally Posted by tatia
Is there any way to cancel this card that doesn’t require making a phone call and speaking to an actual human?
you can send chase a secured message
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:00 pm

you have to call
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by shun
you can send chase a secured message
Originally Posted by Finance_underling
you have to call
Which reply is accurate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.