Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Old Nov 27, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by televisor
I have the Explorer, but am planning to downgrade to the Travelbank to avoid fees.

However, I have a Global Entry renewal coming up in 2021. I'm guessing I should be able to apply for a completely new Explorer card that year without issues? (I may end up getting some other card that covers GE before then, e.g. the CSR, but I'm not fully decided yet.)
offer is once every 2 years, so yes, sounds like it.

FYI the current offer is 40k for 2k spend during first 3 months + 25k bonus for 10k spend in first 6 months. So $1667/mo for the first 6 months gets you 65k miles.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:16 pm

Hi, anyone know if you get a free bag on a Lufthansa codeshare flight booked on United.com?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by cafeconleche
Hi, anyone know if you get a free bag on a Lufthansa codeshare flight booked on United.com?
The T&Cs literally say:
Eligible Cardmembers will receive their applicable standard checked bag free on flights operated by United or United Express; codeshare flights are not eligible.

Check out this thread for more info:

Mileage Plus Branded Credit Card and Checked Baggage Fees
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:48 am

Bueno, merci.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
How quickly does a global entry app fee get credited back?
Originally Posted by gmt4
I think it was about 5 business days or so. Took about as long to post as the % credits back for the chase offers.
Any other recent experiences to share?

My birthday is about 10 days before the annual fee is due (it's been billed, and closing date is bday+10). If I apply for GE should I expect to see the reimbursement before I close my account (I assume they won't reimburse once account is closed)?

If I won't get reimbursement I'll open another card and then apply later . . . I have 364 days.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
charged GE fee on 12/22
credit already there on 12/26
drewguy and TravelinSperry like this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by threeoh
The T&Cs literally say:
Eligible Cardmembers will receive their applicable standard checked bag free on flights operated by United or United Express; codeshare flights are not eligible.

Check out this thread for more info:

Mileage Plus Branded Credit Card and Checked Baggage Fees
What if my first flight is on United but my connection is on Air Canada?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by greg0ire
It will still be free, as soon as your ticket show it is free.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Elite Gold
Originally Posted by garykung
It will still be free, as soon as your ticket show it is free.
thanks!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by greg0ire
The question is whether you check in with a United counter or not. At the United counter, the bag fee is waived. At the counter of any other airline, it is not.

For a UA-AC connection you'd check in at UA, obviously, so you're covered.
greg0ire likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:02 am

GE reimbursement for family member

Has anyone tried reimbursing GE fees for family member instead of primary card holder (two scenarios out there - family member as additional card user and family member with not an additional card holder) ... wondering if they just reimburse based on transaction
Old Jan 10, 2020, 10:31 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Billy001
Has anyone tried reimbursing GE fees for family member instead of primary card holder (two scenarios out there - family member as additional card user and family member with not an additional card holder) ... wondering if they just reimburse based on transaction
Yes, for a family member who is not an authorized user. The credit was based on the transaction, not the applicant.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 2:11 pm

Hi all, I have the Chase United Explorer MileagePlus CC which is up for renewal end of the month. I am not keen on paying for the annual fee as I do not use the card. I was thinking of either downgrading or cancelling the card all together.

What I do use the card for is booking rewards flights - when I'm booking a United rewards flights, and I sign in, there sometimes is a foot note that says "
Exclusively available to you as a MileagePlus Chase Cardmember"

Are there any cards I could switch to that offers additional award search results or is it only the MileagePlus CC?

Thanks
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Hi all, I have the Chase United Explorer MileagePlus CC which is up for renewal end of the month. I am not keen on paying for the annual fee as I do not use the card. I was thinking of either downgrading or cancelling the card all together.

What I do use the card for is booking rewards flights - when I'm booking a United rewards flights, and I sign in, there sometimes is a foot note that says "
Exclusively available to you as a MileagePlus Chase Cardmember"

Are there any cards I could switch to that offers additional award search results or is it only the MileagePlus CC?

Thanks
All 3 of Chase's United-branded CCs, AFAIK, as well as cards no longer being offered like the Select.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
All 3 of Chase's United-branded CCs, AFAIK, as well as cards no longer being offered like the Select.
But not the legacy no-fee card, I assume.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.