Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2020, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by eethan
When the club pass gets redeemed, does it automatically disappear from your account?
It use to, mostly within the same day or if not the next day but in my account I should have only two available passes but I’m showing six and most of them I believe I used so it makes no sense to me
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
New offer launched this week: 60k for 3k spend in 3mo, 10k bonus for 6k spend in 6mo, no AF:

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...cts/chase.html

https://www.theexplorercard.com/cons...ate=2020-11-09

Limited-time offer | Offer ends 1/13/2021
Up to70,000 bonus miles60,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open**

Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after you spend $6,000 total on purchases in the first 6 months your account is open**
Old Dec 3, 2020, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
New offer launched this week: 60k for 3k spend in 3mo, 10k bonus for 6k spend in 6mo, no AF:
Has anyone managed to combine this offer with a referral? When I send people my individual referral link the offer still is 50k miles
Old Dec 8, 2020, 11:28 am

Multiple Chase United Explorer Sign Up Bonuses

Hi,

I currently have two Chase cards (Freedom and the no-annual-fee United MileagePlus). Two years ago, I received the signup bonus for the United MileagePlus Explorer ($95 annual fee), then product changed to the no-annual-fee version.

Now that the 2 years has passed since my last United sign-up bonus (and I'm under 5/24), is it safe to apply again for the United Explorer card to get the new 60k miles bonus? I would then have two United cards--that is fine, right?

Finally, is there any risk of shutdown for potentially seen as "gaming" the United signup bonuses? I only have two Chase cards and don't really do any MS.

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2020, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by So5724
Hi,

Not the exact same scenario but...

I currently have two Chase cards (Freedom and the no-annual-fee United MileagePlus). Two years ago, I received the signup bonus for the United MileagePlus Explorer ($95 annual fee), then product changed to the no-annual-fee version.

Now that the 2 years has passed since my last United sign-up bonus (and I'm under 5/24), is it safe to apply again for the United Explorer card to get the new 60k miles bonus? I would then have two United cards--that is fine, right?

Finally, is there any risk of shutdown for potentially seen as "gaming" the United signup bonuses? I only have two Chase cards and don't really do any MS.

Thanks!
I had an old UA Select Visa (for many years) when I applied and received the UA Explorer card with bonus in January. In May I downgraded the Select card to the AF-free MileagePlus card. And I have many other Chase cards

I think you should be safe applying for a new UA Explorer card. I personally plan to downgrade my Explorer card in January to a non-AF card and then eventually (in 2022) will apply for a new card with signup bonus.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:42 am

Has anyone else had problems even getting their application in? I've tried five times in two weeks in two different browsers. It just times out. I've even tried to get it through by logging into Chase, but it didn't help.

Last edited by mareh; Dec 20, 2020 at 7:51 am
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:08 am

If I were to purchase a flight using a combination of TravelBank funds and the Explorer card, would I receive the same benefits as if the entire purchase were made with the Explorer card?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by raytheyounger
If I were to purchase a flight using a combination of TravelBank funds and the Explorer card, would I receive the same benefits as if the entire purchase were made with the Explorer card?
Yes, from my understanding the terms and conditions permit any portion of the fare needs to be purchased with the explorer card. If you charge the taxes to an award you’re fully covered, so I “assume” The split between travel bank would be included as well. Here is a link to the T&C’s
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...ravel-benefits
Old Dec 31, 2020, 8:02 am

Programs: None - previously UA
I realized it's been over 2 yrs since I last got this card, is the 70K offer standard these days, are we likely to see even bigger bonuses in the new year?

https://www2.theexplorercard.com/tra.../explorer-card
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:15 am

New Chase MP Explorer Card bonus miles question

I have a new Chase Explorer card. It comes with 60k miles if $3000 in purchases are made in the first three months, with an additional 10 miles if another $3000 is spent in six months. My question is... Does the additional $3000 have to be spent in months 3-6? Or, will I get the 10K bonus (70k total) if I spend $6000 in the first month?

Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2020, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I realized it's been over 2 yrs since I last got this card, is the 70K offer standard these days, are we likely to see even bigger bonuses in the new year?

https://www2.theexplorercard.com/tra.../explorer-card
No one knows, so no one can tell you.

Do you think it’s a good deal for you? If so, pad your account with another 76,000 United Miles.
Old Dec 31, 2020, 6:24 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
....Does the additional $3000 have to be spent in months 3-6? ....
No. The terms require spending $6,000 in six months. There is no distinction between individual months or groups of months.

You will qualify for 60,000 bonus miles if you make $3,000 in Purchases within 3 months of account opening. You will qualify for 10,000 bonus miles if you make a total of $6,000 in Purchases within 6 months of account opening (for a possible total of 70,000 bonus miles).
SPN Lifer and Kensterfly like this.

Last edited by mia; Dec 31, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Old Jan 6, 2021, 6:10 pm

I am 4/24, but have $79K in credit line from Chase already from 2 cards. I did not think to lower my CL before applying for United Card.

Got a Pending when applying.

What do you guys think? Better to 'wait it out' and not rock the boat, or better to call in and proactively ask to transfer CL from other cards to UA Card?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 6:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer9000
I am 4/24, but have $79K in credit line from Chase already from 2 cards. I did not think to lower my CL before applying for United Card.

Got a Pending when applying.

What do you guys think? Better to 'wait it out' and not rock the boat, or better to call in and proactively ask to transfer CL from other cards to UA Card?
I am a proactive kind of guy. I’d call in, shoot the bull with them for a minute and say:

‘hey, what information can I provide to get this application/card approved? I’ve got a purchase in mind coming up in a couple of weeks that I’d hoped to use this card for’.

From there they will either ask you some questions, ask if you’ll reallocate some credit, etc.

This approach has always worked for me.
FrequentFlyer9000 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 11:56 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Kensterfly
My new Chase Explorer brings 60k miles with $3000 purchases by end of March. Then a further 10000 miles with another $3000 purchase by the end of June. I’m trying to find out if $6000 in immediate purchases will earn the extra 10k miles, or if you HAVE to spend another $3000 after 3/31 to get the $10k bonus. In other words... must there be two separate $3000 spends: first quarter and second quarter, or can I do it all in the first quarter?
You do not have to wait until the second three-month period to spend the additional $3k. You can spend $6k in the first three months and still earn the additional miles.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.