Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Ali380
Can this card be product changed up to the Club card?
Yes. However, product conversions are not eligible for signup bonuses.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by findark
Yes. However, product conversions are not eligible for signup bonuses.
Thanks. May be worthwhile with the increase of UC membership fee.
SuperKirby likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Matt Rich
Ok, so today I see the statement beneath a bunch of flights. Nothing seems to have changed, but I'm guessing that the flights I'm looking at aren't yet at a place where I would need this feature.

Maybe closer to the flight time.

It seems like the feature is more availability, not fewer miles, so I guess not.
Correct!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
My wife got this card and added me as an authorized user.

Together we spent over $2K to reach the 40K bonus threshhold but nothing has posted yet. Few questions:

1. I assume both her and I count towards the $2K spend correct? We have separate physical cards but the number (and CCV) are the same.

2. We spent $100 for GE which of course credit was given back to us, I assume that counts towards the $2K? Right now our balance shows around $1950 because of the credit.

3. Does the 40K miles post when the last transaction getting us to the $2K threshold posts or when the statement closes?

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by mnredfox
My wife got this card and added me as an authorized user.

Together we spent over $2K to reach the 40K bonus threshhold but nothing has posted yet. Few questions:

1. I assume both her and I count towards the $2K spend correct? We have separate physical cards but the number (and CCV) are the same.

2. We spent $100 for GE which of course credit was given back to us, I assume that counts towards the $2K? Right now our balance shows around $1950 because of the credit.

3. Does the 40K miles post when the last transaction getting us to the $2K threshold posts or when the statement closes?

Thanks!
1. Yes
2. I don't know, but I personally wouldn't take the chance. Spend the extra $50.
3. Every Chase card I have had has been when the statement closes. And if you hit the spend close to statement closing, sometimes it takes until the next statement.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
2. I don't know, but I personally wouldn't take the chance. Spend the extra $50.
It does not. For the purpose of spending for bonus reward, only net purchases count.

Because you receive a reimbursement on the GE applications, they will not consider as purchase.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by garykung
It does not. For the purpose of spending for bonus reward, only net purchases count.

Because you receive a reimbursement on the GE applications, they will not consider as purchase.
Chase counts spending, not net spending. I've proved this personally with the Sapphire Reserve. I stopped spending when my net purchases were just short of the threshold due to the $300 travel credit. The bonus posted.

Also, every December without fail, there are many posts from people who get their SW bonuses too early for companion pass purposes because they thought, in error, that the requirement was "net spend" instead of just "spend."
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:03 am

Got a new offer that I haven't seen on here yet. While searching for flights (i have silver status):
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
How quickly does a global entry app fee get credited back?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
How quickly does a global entry app fee get credited back?
I think it was about 5 business days or so. Took about as long to post as the % credits back for the chase offers.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by gmt4
I think it was about 5 business days or so. Took about as long to post as the % credits back for the chase offers.
thank you
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:43 am

Is there anything better than 40k + 25K? Looking to apply for one with straight 50K.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:06 am

How to re-enable United Mileage Plus Explorer signup?

Good morning. I've been a United Mileage Plus Explorer holder since 2014. I'd like to re-enable the signup offer. Can I cancel and immediately re-apply? Is there a "cooling off" period? I don't want to upgrade to the Luxury card, but I know at various banks you can upgrade after 2 years and become eligible for the welcome offer. Thanks!!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by phasedweasel
Good morning. I've been a United Mileage Plus Explorer holder since 2014. I'd like to re-enable the signup offer. Can I cancel and immediately re-apply? Is there a "cooling off" period?
There's no published cooling off period. That said, the common advice is to allow time for your account closure to propagate across Chase systems-- otherwise the system that processes new card applications may still consider you a current card holder and deny your application. I've been successful reapplying 2 weeks after canceling an old card.

If you reapply in 2 weeks or less, please report your result here.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: 1 thousand
I have the Explorer, but am planning to downgrade to the Travelbank to avoid fees.

However, I have a Global Entry renewal coming up in 2021. I'm guessing I should be able to apply for a completely new Explorer card that year without issues? (I may end up getting some other card that covers GE before then, e.g. the CSR, but I'm not fully decided yet.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.