Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I don't recall either of my 2 UA cards instantly/automatically showing up in MP account. I had to manually add them upon receipt of the physical card.
Good to know, thanks. Looks like the info on NerdWallet might be incorrect then:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/cred...-card-numbers/

Once approved, you’ll be able to access the card from your MileagePlus account with United Airlines and use it to cover United purchases. (You’ll have to wait for the physical card to show up to use it on other purchases.)
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:10 pm

One more question - do I need to purchase the ticket with my United Explorer card to receive Group 2 boarding privileges?
And along those lines, if I purchase a basic economy fare with a different card (since I haven't received my United Explorer in the mail), will I get a free carry-on with my ticket, since I should have my Explorer card in hand and associated with my MP account at the time of the flight?

Thanks so much for your help.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by helvetica
One more question - do I need to purchase the ticket with my United Explorer card to receive Group 2 boarding privileges?
You should get group 2 regardless of what card you use to pay (i.e. I used to get Group 2 when paying with my CSR).

If I remember correctly, you only get the free bag when you purchase the ticket with the Explorer Card, though I personally put no spend on my Explorer Card so ... I don't have definite proof on that claim.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
You should get group 2 regardless of what card you use to pay (i.e. I used to get Group 2 when paying with my CSR).

If I remember correctly, you only get the free bag when you purchase the ticket with the Explorer Card, though I personally put no spend on my Explorer Card so ... I don't have definite proof on that claim.
I can confirm.

Any card -> BG2 and free normal carry-on for you and companion.

Explorer card -> Also get free checked bag.
N104UA likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
United Explorer Chase Card - Club Passes & Welcome Bonus

I am approaching my one year anniversary. Two more UC passes were deposited yesterday. However, I really do not see the need to keep the card.

My first year Passes almost expired (used them this weekend as an afterthought - I generally use Priority Pass).

I also noticed the welcome bonus is presently 60,000 (mine was 40,000 a year ago).

My $95 annual fee will post any day now.....

Will the two passes be removed if I cancel the card?

If I call to cancel, will they waive the fee or at a minimum give me the 20,000 make up miles and I pay the $95?

I know every retentions agent is different, but would like to get your opinions in advance.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 7:35 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by chix
I am approaching my one year anniversary. Two more UC passes were deposited yesterday. However, I really do not see the need to keep the card.

My first year Passes almost expired (used them this weekend as an afterthought - I generally use Priority Pass).

I also noticed the welcome bonus is presently 60,000 (mine was 40,000 a year ago).

My $95 annual fee will post any day now.....

Will the two passes be removed if I cancel the card?

If I call to cancel, will they waive the fee or at a minimum give me the 20,000 make up miles and I pay the $95?

I know every retentions agent is different, but would like to get your opinions in advance.
If you cancel the card the vouchers are attached to you will get them clawed back.

20,000 miles for a $95 fee? Doubtful... that's a round trip saver class ticket.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by bigshooter
If you cancel the card the vouchers are attached to you will get them clawed back.

20,000 miles for a $95 fee? Doubtful... that's a round trip saver class ticket.
I guess since I am a long time cardholder of other Chase cards and I don’t need the passes/card, it is worth a try?

Sadly, it likely depends who you get at retentions.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:44 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by chix
I guess since I am a long time cardholder of other Chase cards and I don’t need the passes/card, it is worth a try?

Sadly, it likely depends who you get at retentions.
Call and find out. I'm just doubting they are going to give 20k miles out for you to not cancel a card.
philemer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Call and find out. I'm just doubting they are going to give 20k miles out for you to not cancel a card.
ok, I will call
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:09 pm

Anyone have the answer to this?

I want to apply for the new United MPE offer that came out today 60K for $3K spend. I just looked and received my last bonus on the MPE on 1/16/18, so its been 24 months, barely. I still have that account open, however, I downgraded it to the free version of the card a year ago. Am I good to apply for this one?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Dantrav
I want to apply for the new United MPE offer that came out today 60K for $3K spend. I just looked and received my last bonus on the MPE on 1/16/18, so its been 24 months, barely. I still have that account open, however, I downgraded it to the free version of the card a year ago. Am I good to apply for this one?
You're fine in terms of the one-bonus-per-24-months policy. Are you also below 5/24? If yes then why not cancel the free card to avoid the chance that Chase refuses your app over it? The new card you'll be applying for has all the same benefits, and more.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:02 am

Do you think if I cancelled it today I should wait 24 hours or less to apply?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:15 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
DPs on cancelling one card and applying for a related one right away are murky. Do you want to risk it? Personally, I would give it 2 weeks and let the calendar month flip. I.e., I'd cancel today and apply around April 3. This allows for batch processing across Chase's vary systems to sort out.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA, AS, Marriott
Is it still possible to downgrade MPE to a no fee United card? Not exactly stoked about paying upcoming AF given current situation... Assuming downgrade possible, could I upgrade back to MPE after six months?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:29 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by esquiar
Is it still possible to downgrade MPE to a no fee United card? Not exactly stoked about paying upcoming AF given current situation... Assuming downgrade possible, could I upgrade back to MPE after six months?

There are two downgrade choices for this card, one that earns miles and one that earns United Airlines cash back. Downgrading a card that's over 12 months old is fine. As far as upgrading in 6 months, I'm not sure. I would imagine Chase would prefer consumers to have a fee card instead of a no fee card, but maybe someone else knows if there are any restrictions and could chime in. The UR earnings cards have some limitations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.