Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Currently the best personal United card offer is 50K. Since the business offer was recently up to 75K, is it likely the personal card will go higher in the near future?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus cattle, DL SkyPesos peon, HHonors Blue
Timing I don't anything to add, but as to "whether/if", I would wager that you will see another round of 70-75k personal offers at some point. 70k is the highest I've personally seen (at least a couple times now, so it wasn't just a one-off), and IIRC there was 75k dangling at one point too. You also see 60k pop up every so often (you can see how that number bounces around a bit).

If you can wait, just sit tight and wait for at least 70-75k since that is the confirmed best historical offer, but as always, if you need the card bennies you might want to pull the trigger on 50k at the time you need it (just don't go lower than 50k if you see 40k between you and then, given how frequently it returns to that threshold).
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Life-Plat 5MM, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, UA, BA
Question MP Explorer Public 50K+5K, where is the 5K

It said in thread: Public 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k3kInflight

I can NOT find the 5K miles for extra card. Chase Customer Service says Not included. Where is it?
bbriscoe34 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
So my wife applied for the United personal explorer card using the 50K inflight offer. It did say you must enter the promo code you received from United to apply for this offer, if you didn't receive a promo enter 999999. We entered the 999999, will we still get the 50K?

She is only at 2/24 so needs another personal card to start earning a bonus on now (preferrably w waived AF). Can't recycle the Hyatt for 4 more months and the IHG isn't worth the fee right now for us as we don't have a current need for the points. So pulled the trigger on 50K. I suppose can ask for a match is the offer is increased within Q2?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by IntFF
It said in thread: Public 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com/50k3kInflight

I can NOT find the 5K miles for extra card. Chase Customer Service says Not included. Where is it?
This element may have been removed from the current offering. It defintely was a thing at one point - I got it last year when i opened the card. It would be very prominent and easy to see if it was currently offered. My documentation says:
"5,000 bonus miles
Earn 5,000 bonus miles after you add the first authorized user to your account and make a purchase with your Card during the first 3 months as a Cardmember.
"

Specific elements of an offering are regularly tweaked. Another example is the "$100 statement credit after you make your first purchase". I missed out on that one when I applied.

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
So my wife applied for the United personal explorer card using the 50K inflight offer. It did say you must enter the promo code you received from United to apply for this offer, if you didn't receive a promo enter 999999. We entered the 999999, will we still get the 50K?
​Yes. I did exactly that and got the 50k.​​​​​​

Last edited by FlyingHighlander; Mar 28, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Thumbs up

For those who have this card... if you download the Mileage Plus X app and enroll in the Visa Rewards program, you'll get 1,000 free UA points. Free and points credit is/was immediate.
cblaisd and MitzEclipse like this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
For those who have this card... if you download the Mileage Plus X app and enroll in the Visa Rewards program, you'll get 1,000 free UA points. Free and points credit is/was immediate.
i got that 1000 points a while back. However, I have since used my card at a Visa rewards participant (as listed in the MPX app) a few times but have never received any miles for the purchases. Not sure why.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:01 pm

For those who received this card and finished making the minimum spending requirement in recent months, how long did it take for the sign up bonus miles to post to your account? My first statement closed on the 4th and the miles tied to the purchases posted yesterday (the 6th). I'm waiting for the sign up bonus miles to post to book award flights for this summer-- the partner award seats that I want are still available and I know that can change at any time. I'd appreciate some data points as I'm wondering if I should give up waiting on this and just buy the remaining tickets.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Scotch
For those who received this card and finished making the minimum spending requirement in recent months, how long did it take for the sign up bonus miles to post to your account? My first statement closed on the 4th and the miles tied to the purchases posted yesterday (the 6th). I'm waiting for the sign up bonus miles to post to book award flights for this summer-- the partner award seats that I want are still available and I know that can change at any time. I'd appreciate some data points as I'm wondering if I should give up waiting on this and just buy the remaining tickets.
I think you're implying it but I'm not certain - did you complete all of the required spend before the first statement was generated (so it should say on your statement. E.g. $3000+ for purchases)?

I did not hit my $3000 by my first statement (Sep 2018) but did on my second (Oct 2018).
When my second statement was generated (Oct 5), my miles from purchases AND the bonus miles hit my UA account 2 days later.

Sounds like the only difference between you and I is that you met the spend within the first statement period and I did in the second. Perhaps they never issue a bonus in the first statement? You be waiting until your next statement.
My documentation from signing up says "After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account".

Maybe call Chase and ask them?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I think you're implying it but I'm not certain - did you complete all of the required spend before the first statement was generated (so it should say on your statement. E.g. $3000+ for purchases)?

I did not hit my $3000 by my first statement (Sep 2018) but did on my second (Oct 2018).
When my second statement was generated (Oct 5), my miles from purchases AND the bonus miles hit my UA account 2 days later.

Sounds like the only difference between you and I is that you met the spend within the first statement period and I did in the second. Perhaps they never issue a bonus in the first statement? You be waiting until your next statement.
My documentation from signing up says "After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account".

Maybe call Chase and ask them?
Thanks for sharing your data point. I finished my $3K min spend 11 days before statement close date. I know the documentation says 6 to 8 weeks; but I had read posts here and elsewhere saying it can happen within days of finishing the minimum spend (with no differentiation as to first or later statements). I think if the bonus miles don't post by Tuesday, I'll assume it's not going to happen with this first statement. I can't wait until the next statement close since I'm looking at a June trip; I'm pretty nervous about not having tickets yet for an international trip. I hesitate calling Chase as I figure they'll just tell me the official "6 to 8 weeks" statement.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:27 pm

Yeah I dont think I'd wait much longer, especially if it's likely to be around May 6th when your bonus posts.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Explorer Card offer I see while signed in to my UA account: 40k points/$2k spend/3 months + 20k/$8k/6mos. Expires May 16.

I think I'll wait to see what offer comes around next as UA's recently announced program changes devalue their miles. I'm figuring 1cpp now.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AF, Chase, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Explorer Card offer I see while signed in to my UA account: 40k points/$2k spend/3 months + 20k/$8k/6mos. Expires May 16.

I think I'll wait to see what offer comes around next as UA's recently announced program changes devalue their miles. I'm figuring 1cpp now.
Looks like they also replaced the 50,000 mile inflight offer with the same thing – 40,000 miles for $2,000 in 3 months plus 20,000 miles for $8,000 in six months.

I'm still glad I signed up for the 50,000 mile offer when I did. The card's okay, but once I hit the spend requirement and get the bonus, I'll probably go back to using my Sapphire card as my primary everyday spend card.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:32 am

I have a personal United card I got two years ago and just got a new business card. The $95 annual fee is being charged on the personal card. Is there any reason to keep the personal card vs just cancelling it?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Dantrav
I have a personal United card I got two years ago and just got a new business card. The $95 annual fee is being charged on the personal card. Is there any reason to keep the personal card vs just cancelling it?
I believe the Personal card (United Explorer MileagePlus?) will reimburse for TSA precheck and/or Global Entry (every 4 or 5 years, can't remember which)
so I guess if you can (or will) use that, it'd be a break-even

The business card does NOT have that benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.