Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by jimmathin
When I called in, the agent said that it wouldn't let her decrease my credit limit on the Freedom Flex below $20K and that was the minimum. That's definitely not the case as many people here have mentioned credit limits well below that on this card. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think it was a temporary thing with the PC but as long as you can move enough credit from other cards to hit the Sapphire minimum you should be fine.
I recall 5 years ago I did a PC from the CSP to Freedom, and then applied the CSR, The CSR application went into pending, so I had to call to move credit limit from Freedom to the new CSR, and was then accepted. Is there a way to avoid this, or should I just plan to have to call in like last time? I guess I could reduce my credit limit when I PC to the Freedom card, but I am not sure how much I need to reduce it or if that will even help.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:29 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by jacisme
...BUT when I VPN'd into a latin american server, it shows me the 100k offer.
Would Chase look askance at that? Or even know?

When I called in, the agent said that it wouldn't let her decrease my credit limit on the Freedom Flex below $20K and that was the minimum. That's definitely not the case...
FlyerTalk's collective wisdom is often superior to that of a run-of-the-mill phone rep. Just saying.

RNE, modestly adding that my wisdom is even better than the collective's.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
Would Chase look askance at that? Or even know?

I don't think they would care that much. They would definitely know that it's coming from an IP in latam, but there are plenty of US citizens traveling and/or living abroad that have a right and interest in opening a US credit card. I'm not lying about my address or anything else on my application, it was just my IP.

ALSO - I just called chase reconsideration to see if there was anything I could do for them to get the application process moving, and all they did was submit/resubmit it on their end and it went through and was immediately approved. And they agreed to expedite my card. So yes, the latam route appears to have worked. I see the card in my app and website but don't see a tracker yet showing that I've spent $0 of $4k for the bonus. Hopefully that'll just show up once I activate the card.
RNE likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:08 pm

When I called in, the agent said that it wouldn't let her decrease my credit limit on the Freedom Flex below $20K and that was the minimum. That's definitely not the case as many people here have mentioned credit limits well below that on this card. I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think it was a temporary thing with the PC but as long as you can move enough credit from other cards to hit the Sapphire minimum you should be fine.
That's not true. Send them a secure message. They'll likely respond within a couple hours that they just completed it successfully. I just did it a few days ago with a chase freedom flex.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 3:12 pm

Looks like the referral links are officially dead. I get a popup message that says:

Offer not available

The offer your are attempting to access is no longer available, you will be redirected to the most current offer. If you are not automatically redirected, click here.

Redirects to 60k offer. So for future reference it looks like the referral links stuck around for 5 days.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 4:26 pm

Well I decided to wait another day instead of applying today Tuesday. Indeed the 100,000 link I was going to use is now showing 60,000 also.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by jacisme
RED ALERT: My wife's previously made referral offer is now showing the 60k offer, not the 100k offer like it did as recently as yesterday. BUT when I VPN'd into a latin american server, it shows me the 100k offer. Any US VPN server I tried results in the 60k offer. I would venture to guess the 100k referral links will be ending imminently for everyone.
Thanks for this info. I saw it switch to the 60K offer, and used your advice, connected to a VPN using Costa Rica as my location, and the 100k offer reappeared. I took screenshots and applied.

Unrelated, I'm definitely maxed with Chase. After submitting the application, it stated "We need to review your request a little longer." After not being to find my SSN in the automated application status, nor using the online application status, I called the recon line about 3 hours later. They validated my identity sending a text message to my phone, and I moved some credit off my downgraded CSR on 10/7/21 (now a CFU) to create the new CSP. With attempts to get the card expedited with a customer service rep, they were able to confirm I will get the 100k bonus after the spend. Looks like it all worked out!
jacisme likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cab747
Thanks for this info. I saw it switch to the 60K offer, and used your advice, connected to a VPN using Costa Rica as my location, and the 100k offer reappeared. I took screenshots and applied.
Is this still working for you? What VPN did you use?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999
Is this still working for you? What VPN did you use?
Oh goodness! No, it's no longer working and now showing the 60k offer. I used NordVPN. I just tried reconnecting, and the 100k isn't showing anymore.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat
Oh goodness! No, it's no longer working and now showing the 60k offer. I used NordVPN. I just tried reconnecting, and the 100k isn't showing anymore.
Oh well... you snooze you lose!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
I applied via a 100,000 bonus point referral link a few days ago, after the regular offer dropped to 60,000 points. I do not see the offer when I log in to my account online, and I do not see it when I log in via the app and look at the UR dashboard.
However, when I choose the card in the app, I see "Earn 100,000 bonus rewards after you spend $4,000..." and a gauge that shows my progress.

Last edited by FreFly; Oct 12, 2021 at 7:13 pm
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by amejr999
Oh well... you snooze you lose!
Luckily I applied before the link 100k disappeared 😉
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:41 pm

Missed it.. did anyone have luck applying now in branch for the 100k?
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:16 pm

Agreed, My original trick of using a south american VPN no longer works. I just tested ones in Europe and Asia and those didn't work either. Looks like this is officially officially dead online worldwide.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:27 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
There are still 100K links out there. PM me if you need help finding any.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.