Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:56 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Current Chase Sapphire Preferred card members who make a personal credit card referral via use of the Chase app/site (while logged in) are the means to get 100k UR points for $4000 spend in 90 days. And the referring party gets 20k points.

In other words, it's still possible to get the 100k card bonus offer; you just need someone willing to send you a referral link. For 20k points for the referring party, there will be no shortage of people willing to help others to still get in on the 100k Chase Sapphire Preferred offer while it is still around. Ask your family and friends who have the card to do this. But do it sooner than later, if wanting in on this 100k offer.

My PM box is full usually and likely to remain so most times going forward too. So ask your family, friends or people who seem to already have a CSP card here (with an open PM box) and there's still a chance to get the CSP 100k offer.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 16, 2021 at 3:01 am
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:33 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Current Chase Sapphire Preferred card members who make a personal credit card referral via use of the Chase app/site (while logged in) are the means to get 100k UR points for $4000 spend in 90 days. And the referring party gets 20k points.

In other words, it's still possible to get the 100k card bonus offer; you just need someone willing to send you a referral link. For 20k points for the referring party, there will be no shortage of people willing to help others to still get in on the 100k Chase Sapphire Preferred offer while it is still around. Ask your family and friends who have the card to do this. But do it sooner than later, if wanting in on this 100k offer.

My PM box is full usually and likely to remain so most times going forward too. So ask your family, friends or people who seem to already have a CSP card here (with an open PM box) and there's still a chance to get the CSP 100k offer.
No. This is simply not true. Most referral links have been dead and have given the 60K offer for days. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...-referrer/amp/

There is still a live (but hidden) 100K link. No referral. If you live near a branch, better to try in person first for the superior branch offer.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 5:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WasKnown
No. This is simply not true. Most referral links have been dead and have given the 60K offer for days. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...-referrer/amp/

There is still a live (but hidden) 100K link. No referral. If you live near a branch, better to try in person first for the superior branch offer.
You're right, but Chase is being misleading.

I again went into the Chase app -- less than 120 seconds ago -- and went to the "Refer a friend" link under account services in multiple accounts with CSPs, and it currently shows:

Originally Posted by chase app
Refer. Reward. Repeat. Our Best Offer Ever! Earn up to [--- struck out 75,000 ---] 100,000 bonus points per year. Invite friends to experience Chase Sapphire Preferred and earn up to 100,000 bonus points. You can earn 20,000 bonus points for each friend who gets the card, when using the button below.* 100,000 bonus points is the most you can earn for all Chase Sapphire Preferred referrals per year. Refer your friends by 1/4/2022 to receive this limited time referral bonus.
The link generated states 60,000 points. But the potential referring party is being led to believe that link is meant to "Invite friends to experience Chase Sapphire Preferred and earn up to 100,000 bonus points".

Chase should have used "you" in a place where it didn't - - not just the implied "you" that starts one of its sentences, but an explicit "you" after the "and".

While it's clear that the referring party should max out at 100k referral points, the sentence about what friends get from being referred is misleading.

Chase should fix the sentence where it says this: "Invite friends to experience Chase Sapphire Preferred and earn up to 100,000 bonus points."
Arsene Wenger likes this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 16, 2021 at 5:54 am
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Honestly not sure what you’re talking about. The language to generate offers is what it is but the referral offers in the generated links explicitly state 60K points.

For the sake of this thread, I just hope it’s clear that referral offers are spitting out 60K links and have been doing so for more than half a week now. Do not let anyone give you a referral link and convince you it’s actually a 100K offer. They are simply not being truthful with you. For most people, your best bet is go to in branch. Failing that, you can try to dig for one of the remaining live links.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Ths was discussed earlier in the thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33632437-post1773.html
Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:52 am

Honestly not sure what you’re talking about. The language to generate offers is what it is but the referral offers in the generated links explicitly state 60K points.

For the sake of this thread, I just hope it’s clear that referral offers are spitting out 60K links and have been doing so for more than half a week now. Do not let anyone give you a referral link and convince you it’s actually a 100K offer. They are simply not being truthful with you. For most people, your best bet is go to in branch. Failing that, you can try to dig for one of the remaining live links.
Is there a particular way to know if you have one of these correct links? There's no mention on the actual application form (the page after clicking "apply now") about the 60 or 100k points, as far as I can tell.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vegawebfoxmakemake
Is there a particular way to know if you have one of these correct links? There's no mention on the actual application form (the page after clicking "apply now") about the 60 or 100k points, as far as I can tell.
When hitting the referyourchasecard.com link, perhaps if the plaintext in the URL reads with "referyourchasecard.com/m/6/6_ _" then that first 6 in the URL signifies the 60k application?

Are any of the September/early October farmed 100k personal referral links still live for the 100k application?

Perhaps WasKnown can see the referral links collected previously or sent out to see what the plain text in the URL has after the "referyourchasecard.com/m/" part and also what shows up after the "PROMO=" in the 100k applications upon being in the "applynow.chase.com" section after clicking on the referral links.

PROMO=DF01 seems to be what the current 60k applications come up with when in the applynow.chase.com page after beginning the application process following use of the referyourchasecard.com link generated by current CSP account holders.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Just like to say that it’s been 13 days since approved and the card still hasn’t shown up in the mail. Saw the image of the envelope on the USPS informed delivery email on Saturday. Guessing it’ll show up today or tomorrow.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 7:10 am

When hitting the referyourchasecard.com link, perhaps if the plaintext in the URL reads with "referyourchasecard.com/m/6/6_ _" then that first 6 in the URL signifies the 60k application?

Are any of the September/early October farmed 100k personal referral links still live for the 100k application?

Perhaps WasKnown can see the referral links collected previously or sent out to see what the plain text in the URL has after the "referyourchasecard.com/m/" part and also what shows up after the "PROMO=" in the 100k applications upon being in the "applynow.chase.com" section after clicking on the referral links.

PROMO=DF01 seems to be what the current 60k applications come up with when in the applynow.chase.com page after beginning the application process following use of the referyourchasecard.com link generated by current CSP account holders.
No, as stated previously already, it is NOT from a referral link. I really don't understand why you are bringing this thread back to referrals when we have already shown you that the referral links lost the 100K offer days before your post claiming otherwise. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...ed-annual-fee/

Previous "special" Chase links like this (ie bypass 5/24 black star) have nothing to do with the URL syntax lol

They will say 100K. The link I had died sometime last night and I really doubt anyone will post a live link on a site like FlyerTalk. There is a lot of misinformation and baseless speculation in this thread. Your best bet is to go in-branch and try to get the offer there, which is the superior offer anyway.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....I really don't understand why you are bringing this thread back to referrals....
If there is a working 100k application in Chase's backend system there may be more than one way to access it.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by mia
If there is a working 100k application in Chase's backend system there may be more than one way to access it.
Ok, so where is the working 100K referral link? Why is there reason to believe that a 100K referral link still exists? When was the last time (if ever) changing the syntax in a URL impacted a Chase SUB?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:04 am
Suspended

Ok, so where is the working 100K referral link? Why is there reason to believe that a 100K referral link still exists? When was the last time (if ever) changing the syntax in a URL impacted a Chase SUB?
The "syntax" may be indicative of what the promo/offer applicable is for an application even after clicking on the "referyourchasecard.com/....." link and being in the application process itself.

It may be useful for some applicants to know what the SUB offer is while being on the applynow.chase.com page -- the latter being the page which follows from use of the referral link -- even after the referral link brings up a page noting whatever SUB there is -- and comes up in the process of applying for a card. The applicant may wish to confirm what SUB is applicable even after going from the referral link page to the applynow.chase.com page, and the "syntax" could be informative for that purpose and more.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 18, 2021 at 9:14 am
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:11 am

The "syntax" may be indicative of what the promo/offer applicable is for an application even after clicking on the "referyourchasecard.com/....." link. In other words, it may be useful to know what the offer is while being on the applynow.chase.com page that follows from use of the referral link -- even after it brings up a page noting whatever SUB there is -- that the applicant wishes to confirm as being applicable to their application while on the applynow.chase.com page.
Ok, so why is that relevant for this SUB and not any other SUB that has expired? The last live CSP 100K link I saw had nothing to do with that and the previous "black star" Chase links also had nothing to do with this. If you want to talk about something like fixed APR (which is dead but at least existed for Chase before), fine. But I sincerely don't understand why bringing up the syntax of offer URLs for Chase is relevant at all. I think I have asked you for sources on multiple things elsewhere too. To me, this seems like more speculation (URLs) upon speculation (referrals after they were publicly killed for days) which is definitely misleading for people actually trying to find the SUB.

If anyone still wants the 100K offer, their best bet is still to go in branch. I really advise anyone that wants a 100K offer to not spend their time looking for referrals (as there has yet to be a data point of a referral surviving on DoC or even the big TGs) or URL syntax lol.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:23 am
Suspended

Ok, so why is that relevant for this SUB and not any other SUB that has expired?
Because some people want to confirm what they will be getting if using an online application even after clicking on the referral link:

And patterns applicable with offers for this Chase card may be relevant to offers for this and other Chase cards even now and later.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 9:27 am

And patterns applicable with offers for this Chase card may be relevant to offers for this and other Chase cards even now and later.
Ok but what reason do we have to believe that the URL plays any role in this other than just guessing? Given the flood of DMs I have received, it is clear people really want the 100K offer. I don't think going on a wild goose chase is particularly productive. Both the referral information and the URL information are wrong in my book. Happy to be proven wrong if you are able to generate a 100K link using that. Otherwise, I hope people reading this thread will just go in branch rather than try this stuff lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.