Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 8:23 am

Ah yes, the product and the bonus are different things. If I can’t get the 80,000 this time I’ll wait for the next bonus plus, seems to be every 6-8 months.
Old May 20, 2022, 3:58 pm

RNE, wising you luck.
Looks like I will need it. I went ahead and applied 48 months + 2 days after I completed the spend requirement for the first SUB and the application was rejected. CBS is reporting that the 80,000 bonus offer ends May 31. So I will apply again then, which will be 48 months + 20 days. Hopefully that’s enough time.

The statement that shows the SUB being awarded is dated 1 month + 4 days after the spend requirement was completed, so that date will be too late.
RNE likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by tom_MN
Looks like I will need it. I went ahead and applied 48 months + 2 days after I completed the spend requirement for the first SUB and the application was rejected. CBS is reporting that the 80,000 bonus offer ends May 31. So I will apply again then, which will be 48 months + 20 days. Hopefully that’s enough time.

The statement that shows the SUB being awarded is dated 1 month + 4 days after the spend requirement was completed, so that date will be too late.
It's 48 months from when last bonus was posted, not when spend requirement was met.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
After this 80k promo ends, about how much time do they wait before offering a new promo?
Old May 25, 2022, 9:22 am
RNE

Originally Posted by Tiki
After this 80k promo ends, about how much time do they wait before offering a new promo?
Look here for your answer.

IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 10:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator caution

Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first

Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Last edited by mia; May 25, 2022 at 10:50 am
Old May 25, 2022, 4:47 pm

Sorry, I was looking more for historical data points. I know there was a 100k sign up bonus last year but not when it began and ended. I am trying to get a feel for how often Chase does these promos and for how long as I need to apply for this card when I have enough normal expenses to do a $4000 spend. If I applied right now, I can't do the spend. Sept and Oct are my best months for this sort of thing.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:33 pm
mia

It looks as if the 100k offer ended in October 2021, and the 80k offer started in April 2022.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
I know this is mostly a US based thread but anyone have luck getting approved and having the card shipped directly to Canada? I’m worried by the time my US friend receives it and mails it to me it’ll be too late for my trip in June where I’ll do most of my spending. When I previously tried via calling in post approval they said they couldn’t do this for the first card issuance.

I’ve had the card before while I lived in the US but it’s definitely been more than 4 years. I am a little concerned as I also recently (within last 6 months) opened and met the minimum spend thresholds of two other chase credit cards and then subsequently stopped really using them. Will they try to claw SUBs back? I doubt they can given one is a Marriott card and the other is an Aeroplan but I guess they could approved and then claw back the preferred one
Old May 26, 2022, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by mia
It looks as if the 100k offer ended in October 2021, and the 80k offer started in April 2022.
Thanks that helps. I hope they bring back that 100k offer.
Old May 26, 2022, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Can a CSR holder refer someone to the CSP? Or only CSP to CSP?
Old May 26, 2022, 3:28 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Can a CSR holder refer someone to the CSP? Or only CSP to CSP?

only CSP to CSP. Need help? I can help
Old May 26, 2022, 5:46 pm

Success, my application was accepted under the 80,000 points offer.

So a person doesn’t have to wait for 48 months from the date of the statement where the SUB posted, just 1-2 weeks after the posting of the purchase that achieved the SUB.
RNE likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by tom_MN
Success, my application was accepted under the 80,000 points offer.

So a person doesn’t have to wait for 48 months from the date of the statement where the SUB posted, just 1-2 weeks after the posting of the purchase that achieved the SUB.
Illuminating. mia?
Old May 26, 2022, 6:03 pm
mia

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Illuminating?
There was extensive discussion of this topic last summer. See, for example, this post mentioning a date in between the date that the qualifying purchase was made, and the date of the statement on which the bonus posted:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33446404-post1552.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.