Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Data point: I made a one-night hotel reservation through the Chase travel website a few weeks ago. I got the $50 credit about a week later.
philemer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 3:09 pm

You can get 90K bonus in the bank, but it is still 60K online. I don’t know when we can apply for 90K online
Old Apr 13, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I have some questions about the in-branch 90k offer.

How long does it take? Can any teller do it or do you need an appointment with a loan officer?

Do they approve it right away assuming your credit is acceptable?

Can you add it to Apple Pay right away?
Old Apr 14, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tiki
I have some questions about the in-branch 90k offer.

How long does it take? Can any teller do it or do you need an appointment with a loan officer?

Do they approve it right away assuming your credit is acceptable?

Can you add it to Apple Pay right away?
I went to branch yesterday (had appointment set up through web site, but that wasn't really needed as bank wasn't busy). Applied in branch. Application went pending. The credit card person in bank called to get it approved. I told her if the problem was that I already had a ton of credit with chase, I was fine with moving credit around. She got no where. She said it looked like it would be approved, but couldn't speed things up.

Woke up this morning and checked my account at 7am pacific time and the card was listed in my account. They did move credit around (from the card I mentioned to the bank person). I was able to add card to my GooglePay from the Chase app. I just called Chase and got the card expedited.

The 90k promo isn't showing up in app yet. I asked about this when I expedited the card and was told it takes a couple of days.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
I went to branch yesterday (had appointment set up through web site, but that wasn't really needed as bank wasn't busy). Applied in branch. Application went pending. The credit card person in bank called to get it approved. I told her if the problem was that I already had a ton of credit with chase, I was fine with moving credit around. She got no where. She said it looked like it would be approved, but couldn't speed things up.

Woke up this morning and checked my account at 7am pacific time and the card was listed in my account. They did move credit around (from the card I mentioned to the bank person). I was able to add card to my GooglePay from the Chase app. I just called Chase and got the card expedited.

The 90k promo isn't showing up in app yet. I asked about this when I expedited the card and was told it takes a couple of days.
OK I called the branch near LAX to book an appt. The guy was very nice and said it should take no more than 5-10 minutes.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by fredc84
For an update, we just got back from Europe last week and I used SO's Saph Pref to book a room (that we ended up cancelling later) and the $50 credit DID show up. In fact, it is still there even with the cancellation (I am assuming they'll claw it back at some point). Still doesn't show up as a benefit nor is the tracker that was there last year when we used it on my card.
It didn't get clawed back did it? I did the same thing, made a rez., had to cancel but still got the $50 credit. No claw-back.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 8:45 pm

Any way to waive the annual fee in branch?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:00 am

Question

48 months start from last time the card was cancelled or from the day the card was approved? Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by jamesbondc
48 months start from last time the card was cancelled or from the day the card was approved? Thanks.
Neither.
From the T&C's "The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months."

So, 48 months from receiving the bonus.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Neither:

"This product is available to you if you do not have any Sapphire card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for any Sapphire card in the past 48 months." (Emphasis added.)
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:16 am

Neither.
From the T&C's "The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months."

So, 48 months from receiving the bonus.
Usually the promotion points are given to you in few weeks or months. So basically 48 month start from the time you actually get the points?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Usually the promotion points are given to you in few weeks or months. So basically 48 month start from the time you actually get the points?
I don't see the words being ambiguous..."received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months". So, when your account receives the sign-up bonus, the 48-month clock starts.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Do you have to be an existing Chase customer to get the 90K in-branch offer? Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 10:54 am

I don't see the words being ambiguous..."received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months". So, when your account receives the sign-up bonus, the 48-month clock starts.
Is there a way to figure out when the 48 months started from last time new card member bonus was awarded?
Old Apr 16, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Is there a way to figure out when the 48 months started from last time new card member bonus was awarded?
One of the credit card's first monthly Chase statements will list "New Cardmember Bonus".
jamesbondc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.