Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:49 pm

met min spend requirement but no 60,000 bonus with first statement. uggh.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I just followed the directions in the wiki (thanks to all of those who contributed!) and was given the 50K offer ($2K spend in 3 months). Already have the regular Explorer card, applied and was approved in about 10 seconds. I'm a 1K so as some suggest, it could depend on one's status, who knows. Used Firefox.
I had no problem with the link. I have other biz cards but they gave me a nice line. This card is primarily good for the bonus and bonus points. And the bonus 10K points after 25K spend.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by robertw477
I had no problem with the link. I have other biz cards but they gave me a nice line. This card is primarily good for the bonus and bonus points. And the bonus 10K points after 25K spend.
Tried over 2 days , following the Wiki directions and using IE and Firefox. Always show the 30k sign on only. Is this deal dead or should I just use the 30k app and if approved ask Chase for the extra 20k. But need to know if this is still around as it would be pointless if 50k offer is now dead. Any suggestions?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 3:19 pm

I clicked and browsered my heart out but couldn't get the 50K bonus offer either-just the 30K, with $1000 spend. Got the card, made my $1K spend, waited until my statement closed and then sent an SM saying "I recently applied for the United MileagePlus BusinessExplorer card with 30,000 bonus miles. I've become aware of offers in Chase branch and elsewhere offering 50,000 bonus miles recently. I’d appreciate it if you could please match this offer."

They replied, "As you requested we have added 20,000 bonus miles to your account to match the newest offer you received. You will see this adjustment on your next billing statement." No mention of increasing spend.

Thanks Flyertalk!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 9:50 pm

Does anyone have experience applying for this card from the banner that appears while booking a United flight? I am seeing a banner during the booking process for 50k and $50 credit off the flight with the personal version. When I click on it the advert for the personal opens. I can't get the personal cause I had it already, but I can click on the link leading to this business version. I am wondering if they will apply the $50 credit to my flight if I click through and then apply and am approved for the business version.

Any thoughts?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by domthegreat
Does anyone have experience applying for this card from the banner that appears while booking a United flight? I am seeing a banner during the booking process for 50k and $50 credit off the flight with the personal version. When I click on it the advert for the personal opens. I can't get the personal cause I had it already, but I can click on the link leading to this business version. I am wondering if they will apply the $50 credit to my flight if I click through and then apply and am approved for the business version.

Any thoughts?

Doubt it if the deal is only for the personal card. They may honor it if there is a similar deal for the biz version.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by ChuckHH
I just got this United biz card by closing Ink Bold. It appears that Biz division is getting tougher to get a card. And my FICO is 800+. Maybe having the personal United Explorer one for two years was the factor?
My experience has been the same. I have an Ink Bold that I use fairly regularly but had to practically beg to get a 2nd biz card (Southwest for the 50K bonus). I don't even think it's worth trying for a 3rd at this point
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by webazoid
met min spend requirement but no 60,000 bonus with first statement. uggh.
As with all Chase sign up bonuses, you need to meet the spend 7-10 days before the statement close to get it on that statement..
Old Jun 30, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by vxmike
My experience has been the same. I have an Ink Bold that I use fairly regularly but had to practically beg to get a 2nd biz card (Southwest for the 50K bonus). I don't even think it's worth trying for a 3rd at this point
I got my fourth Chase business card fairly recently (my second Ink Plus when the 60k deal was active) with my three other Chase business cards still open. They asked several questions about my business (revenue/profit history mostly) and then got approved. YMMV.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by vxmike
I don't know if it's actually true but one of the agents once told me that Chase has a policy of no more than 2 business apps within 30 days. You can apply for more but it's only a matter of waiting more than 30 days.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by tomcanada22
Tried over 2 days , following the Wiki directions and using IE and Firefox. Always show the 30k sign on only. Is this deal dead or should I just use the 30k app and if approved ask Chase for the extra 20k. But need to know if this is still around as it would be pointless if 50k offer is now dead. Any suggestions?
It's not dead. I got the offer last month but the offer didn't appear initially. I tried with different browsers clearing my cookies until I got the 50K offer.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: Free agent flyer, Hyatt Globalist
Chase UA MP Explorer Biz Card Annual Fee mistake re. additional card holders

Saw the following charges on my Chase UA MP business card today:
07/01/2014 07/01/2014 Fee ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE: $25.00
07/01/2014 07/01/2014 Fee ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE: $95.00

Called Chase and asked what the extra $25 charge was. They said it was for my extra employee card.

The card signup page clearly says:
"Employee Cards at no additional cost: Free employee cards let you set individual spend limits and help you earn rewards faster."

The CSR said that Chase says it's $25 per additional card, but did admit that the website stated otherwise. However, she said that website belongs to United (not Chase), and that they made a mistake. So she's escalating it to the marketing department (presumably just to have the United website updated). She refused to waive the $25 fee but said the marketing department might be able to after they look into it.

Complete BS from Chase...I've got 5 Chase cards with $60k+ of credit and they can't waive a $25 fee?

Anyways, just wanted to vent, and also warn other folks about this...check your statements if you've got a Chase UA MP Biz card and have additional card holders.

Last edited by kluever; Jul 9, 2014 at 12:07 am
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:02 am

once you have met the spend on this card is there any point to keeping it open?

I've already gotten my United lounge passes.

still yet to actually fly a UA flight however.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by riversidetom
once you have met the spend on this card is there any point to keeping it open?

I've already gotten my United lounge passes.

still yet to actually fly a UA flight however.
If you're not actually flying UA metal then I don't see why you would. The free checked bags for me and my gf makes it worth us keeping my card open.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 6:30 pm

I just got the 50K link using the instructions in the Wiki using Firefox and clearing all cookies first.

I applied and got a message to call Mon - Fri with an app #

Also immediately got an email saying they will either send me the card or an explanation as to why I was denied within 30 days.

I hate those emails. Is this standard ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.