Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi everyone, tried using the link to apply but got denied. Called for reconsideration and still got denied. I had two new Chase business cards opened within the last 10 months, could that be the reason?

Anyway to get it reconsidered again when they said they believe they have extended enough credit and need more time to see how I handle credits? Thanks for your time and help.
You haven't been denied by Chase until you've tried the following.

1. You have offered them to split the credit from another line to help them avoid extra exposure or...

2. You have offered them to close another Chase card and use that line to open the new account or/and...

3. You have called 3 times and been denied by 3 CSRs.

Also try this number if you haven't yet: 800-436-7961.

Of course, there is no science behind utilizing this strategy except that I personally don't remember the last time I was really denied by Chase.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Denied then approved

Just applied for this card today using techniques described earlier to bring up 50K miles app. page. Got the dreaded "you'll get a letter from us......" response. So I called the recon. number (800) 453-9719 and was rejected for having applied for too many Chase cards in the last 20 months (since Jan., 2012). He said we need to see how your spend goes for 2 or 3 months. So I HUCA (hung up & called again) after about 5 minutes and got a different rep. He quizzed me about my business income & spending. Then he said they could move some credit from another Chase card & approve me. I had offered to close my INK card but he said it wasn't necessary. I'm a happy camper.

Data points:
-applied for Ink Bold in Jan., 2012
-applied for UA Explorer card in March, 2012
-applied for PC Visa in July, 2012
-applied for Fairmont Visa in July, 2012 (closed in April)
-applied for Sapp. Pref. MC in Jan., 2013
-applied for Chase Ink Plus in June, 2013

So I was not too surprised when the 1st rep. shot me down. But HUCA worked for me. I wonder if my rejection & approval letters will come on the same day.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by mnscout
You haven't been denied by Chase until you've tried the following.

1. You have offered them to split the credit from another line to help them avoid extra exposure or...

2. You have offered them to close another Chase card and use that line to open the new account or/and...

3. You have called 3 times and been denied by 3 CSRs.

Also try this number if you haven't yet: 800-436-7961.

Of course, there is no science behind utilizing this strategy except that I personally don't remember the last time I was really denied by Chase.
I opened Ink Plus in April 2013 after closing the Bold which I had for a year.

I called recon line and was denied today for Explorer Biz. I suggested to move credit from Plus but she refused since the Plus account was opened too recent (April) and also she refused to move credit from the personal account as well because she thinks the business does not need more credit line. My business is sole proprietorship btw. It sure is harder to get approved compared to other Chase cards. I will try again for the third time tomorrow....
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by heta
I opened Ink Plus in April 2013 after closing the Bold which I had for a year.

I called recon line and was denied today for Explorer Biz. I suggested to move credit from Plus but she refused since the Plus account was opened too recent (April) and also she refused to move credit from the personal account as well because she thinks the business does not need more credit line. My business is sole proprietorship btw. It sure is harder to get approved compared to other Chase cards. I will try again for the third time tomorrow....
Wow, the business doesn't need more credit line? Umm, It's not more credit exposure for Chase if you're transferring it all from a personal line. That's all she SHOULD care about, is the amount of credit Chase is giving you vs. your income. I don't even think I'd count that as one of the 3 calls. Good luck!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Wow, the business doesn't need more credit line? Umm, It's not more credit exposure for Chase if you're transferring it all from a personal line. That's all she SHOULD care about, is the amount of credit Chase is giving you vs. your income. I don't even think I'd count that as one of the 3 calls. Good luck!
Yes, I thought so, too, but I didn't want to argue with her. She also mentioned that I closed the Bold after a year and should have kept it longer. She just wasn't happy with opening new accounts, it was never really about income vs credit line in the first place. Will report back if I get this approved...

opened Ink Plus, closed Bold (April 2013)
opened United Explorer personal, closed RC (June 2013)
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes, I thought so, too, but I didn't want to argue with her. She also mentioned that I closed the Bold after a year and should have kept it longer. She just wasn't happy with opening new accounts, it was never really about income vs credit line in the first place. Will report back if I get this approved...

opened Ink Plus, closed Bold (April 2013)
opened United Explorer personal, closed RC (June 2013)
You've gotten yourself a hard-as*. They are not supposed to tell you whether you should open an account or close an account. Just like in any profession, some CSRs might like their job just a bit too much, that's all. Try to use the number from the above post and please come back and tell us how it went. All data points are important.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:47 am

success!

Originally Posted by mnscout
You've gotten yourself a hard-as*. They are not supposed to tell you whether you should open an account or close an account. Just like in any profession, some CSRs might like their job just a bit too much, that's all. Try to use the number from the above post and please come back and tell us how it went. All data points are important.
Called today and finally approved after three denials last week.

The number mentioned by mnscout is a good one. (Thank you!) This application initially was denied for "too many applications in the past year". Even this time when I got it approved, I had to do some explaining for why I opened many cards in the past and why I needed this united biz. I managed to make sense I guess, (different cards have different benefits!) and after the explanation he let me move credit from personal card and got it approved.

I think for me, it's about time to chill a bit from applying for chase cards and appreciate how much they've given me over the past few years. I think they did not like that I rarely keep cards for longer than a year. I also don't have checking account with them.

When huaca,
1) never argue with any CSRs because you don't want anything negative noted on your application,
2) be prepared to explain about your business and why you want to open another card,
3) mention that you are willing to close other card or move credit BEFORE they put you on hold, and
4) use the number mnscout mentioned above if you get denied calling the business credit analyst directly.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:00 pm

Even this time when I got it approved, I had to do some explaining for why I opened many cards in the past and why I needed this united biz. I managed to make sense I guess, (different cards have different benefits!) and after the explanation he let me move credit from personal card and got it approved.
I had a similar experience with this card. I got a pending review response to my app, so I called the recon # proactively prior to any denial. I already had a UA personal card and a Biz MR card, both within the past 6 mo's. In the end, they didn't want to give me more credit, just took away a little from each of my exising Chase cards, and approved. CSR mentioned something about having applied for a lot of cards this year (7 before the UA Biz card).
Old Sep 16, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by dhuey
myworld, did you do the sequence exactly as set forth by econwatch, below? It's worked for me twice, including a few days ago.
econwatch trick still works.

did not get instant approval though.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 4:08 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by econwatch
Have confirmed that the 50K offer works in Internet Explorer, does not work in Chrome.
Login to your UAL,
Products and Services,
Get Credit Card,
United MileagePlus Explorer Business Card,
shows 30K offer, $1K spend in 3mo.

Click on MileagePlus Club Business Card tab,
click back to MP Explorer Business Card,
shows 50K offer, $2K spend in 3mo.
Worked in Chrome but I had to open the tabbed credit card page twice:

Clicked "Get Credit Card"
Clicked on the "Explorer Business Card"
New window popped open with generic Explorer information - closed that window
Clicked on "Explorer Business Card" again
This time, the window popped open with the 30k Business offer. Then clicked the Club tab, back to the Explorer, and the 50k offer was there.

(Pending, 10 day review - EDIT: Application status line shows approved with sizable credit limit the next day without reconsideration call. Very nice.)

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Sep 17, 2013 at 1:20 pm
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:49 pm

The number mentioned by mnscout is a good one. (Thank you!) This application initially was denied for "too many applications in the past year". Even this time when I got it approved, I had to do some explaining for why I opened many cards in the past and why I needed this united biz. I managed to make sense I guess, (different cards have different benefits!) and after the explanation he let me move credit from personal card and got it approved.

I think for me, it's about time to chill a bit from applying for chase cards and appreciate how much they've given me over the past few years. I think they did not like that I rarely keep cards for longer than a year. I also don't have checking account with them.

When huaca,
1) never argue with any CSRs because you don't want anything negative noted on your application,
2) be prepared to explain about your business and why you want to open another card,
3) mention that you are willing to close other card or move credit BEFORE they put you on hold, and
4) use the number mnscout mentioned above if you get denied calling the business credit analyst directly.
Sometimes four times is a charm . Congrats!

Last edited by mnscout; Sep 16, 2013 at 11:50 pm Reason: editing
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That was exactly my answer too a few months ago when the recon rep said, "you have applied 11 cards since last year, do you really need these many cards or this much credit?" I said, Not really but because each card has its unique feature / affiliation that if I want to maximize my earning with a specific airline / hotel program, as an educated consumer, I have no choice but get the program's card!

Then he said, Why you closed your UA personal card last year? I said because 1) I was very fed up with the mess created by CO/UA merger and the airline did not do much to improve the situation. 2) The card had forex fee. Now it seems UA finally cleaned up some of its post merger mess, And, the new biz card has 0 forex fee!

I think when you call, you need to be ready to give some plausible answers when the rep decided to grill you.

He kept harping on whether I need more credit. To which I said no, I am more than happy to move line from existing biz card. At the end he did not move any line but gave me the minimum 5K for the Visa Signature. I dont care.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:13 am

Can you still get the 50k miles? Tried using the links and different browsers etc but no luck
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:08 pm

Yes. Log in to your united account. Approved today
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:46 pm

Tried the trick multiple times and still did not get 50K offer agrr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.