Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
I keep trying the tab switching technique in IE, Chrome, and Firefox with no luck for my account, or Mrs. Selfish's. We both had the personal version, but canceled early this year.

Am stopping by my local Chase bank tomorrow to see if the 50K option is still being offered there, will post how it goes!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 8:43 pm

I just tried the tab switching technique out of curiosity and sure enough the 50k appeared. Crazy! Also got the no fee first year Club offer too. Just did an AOR in August - hope it still works when I do my next churn.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 12:35 am

I just tried transferring in 1000 pts from UR, with no luck. Spoke with some Chase reps from two local branches today, one didn't know any details, and the other seemed to think the United Explorer biz card was on the way out. Not sure how on the up and up he was though.

Continuing to try with more branches tomorrow, but still not sure how they decide if you're eligible or not. The funny thing is Mrs. Selfish used to see the advertisement for the 50K card in her UA account 4 months ago, but now no longer does.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:40 am

Datapoint:
10/22:logged into my United account and saw the 50K offer. Clicked and could now choose between personal & business with 50K. Applied for business and got the pending message. Called right away, and the CSR said that it needed to be reviewed, but nothing to be done now.

10/23: Called and spoke to a CSR for at least 30 minutes answering questions about my business, but got the approval. Was 103 days from my last approved Chase card.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:02 pm

Data Point:

I followed jsmithv's URL approach from post 76, and it worked like a charm. Called in today and was approved for 50,000 UA miles after $2K spend. ^
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
The only thing that will improve your FICA score is years of steady, high-income work. Or an act of Congress.
Experian (er, one of the agencies) website cites "average life of credit card" as one of the criteria for determining FICA score.
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:45 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Tailgater
Experian (er, one of the agencies) website cites "average life of credit card" as one of the criteria for determining FICA score.
You'll find average age of accounts to be a factor in FICO score, not Social Security.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by Long Islander
jsmithv's trick below didn't work for me. He said:

"1. Login to united.com and then see if the 50k offer appears
2. The offer never appeared for 50k, so instead I clicked on Apply Now for the 30k Business Explorer offer.
3. Once that application loaded and showed my pre-populated name, etc., I erase the URL, and replace it with this one

https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPC...4M&REFERID=TEC

4. A new application will load, still populated with your information, but the application address is slightly different. This is the address I had when I applied for the 50k offer."

When I replace the 30k mi URL applications with the URL above, I get a reply stating "Bad Request."
This did not work for me either.

When the initial application loaded there is no mention at all of the 30K bonus (after clicking on the apply now from the 30k offer page). When I replace the URL, the application reloaded but again there was no mention of any offer on the page..
Old Oct 28, 2013, 4:52 pm

There is never an explicit mention of the bonus in the application, but if you follow the instructions it works. I applied for myself and a friend last week, and we both (separately) verified the bonus with the CSR after approval.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by MisterSelfish
There is never an explicit mention of the bonus in the application, but if you follow the instructions it works. I applied for myself and a friend last week, and we both (separately) verified the bonus with the CSR after approval.
Hmm I wasn't aware of that. Did anyone else have the same experience? Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:43 pm

I've tried on several computers and I could never get the 50k to show up. Couldn't get the 50k to show up for the personal card for me or my wife either, but we were able to do it through the backdoor trick and both received the 55k points. There's no backdoor that I know of for the 50k Biz card besides sending a SM before hand.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:40 pm

Tried the link, applied and approved the card last week. I received the card today, but didn't get the 2 United club passes. Called the CSR and she told me that the pass will be sent to me on the anniversary day of next year. This sounds strange to me since I got the 2 passes in the new card package for me personal United card. Anybody here received the pass for the new Business card when you received the package?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hzha
Anybody here received the pass for the new Business card when you received the package?
As I recall, it was in a separate envelope a week or two later.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: Food Lion MVP
Applied for Business card using the url hack posted in this thread end of October, when I called to activate the card today the csr confirmed the 50k bonus. TY FT
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:38 am

Just to add another data point, I used jsmithv's method and there was not mention of the bonus. Received the card two weeks ago and confirmed the 50K after $2k via secure message. Have not received the passes yet though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.