Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by kqxqx
Same here, I guess it is related to your United status.
Could be. I'm Premier Silver and I got it to show 50k for me.

EDIT: nevermind. My wife has no status and can see the 50k offer as well.

Last edited by waingro; Sep 4, 2014 at 3:10 pm
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kqxqx
Same here, I guess it is related to your United status.
Has nothing to do with the status.

Peon with UA but husband can see the 50K offer.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by FTRox87
I did... tried a bunch of other things as well that I could think of but always gets redirected to the 30k.

Same here. Always got the 30k offer no matter what browser trick I used.
Finally gave up and applied using the 30k link 2 mths ago. Got instant approved with 10k credit limit. Then tried to SM to match the better 50k offer but got turned down as rep said the 50k offer is a targeted offer and needed the promo code (which I didn't have). Not sure if I pursue this further with maybe another SM in a week or just call CS ?

Also wanted to apply for the personal United card again as it is now 50k with another 5k for AU. My previous app was over 2 yrs ago. Heard it was not possible to get the personal bonus if already have the United Biz bonus, but since I only got the 30k with biz, wonder if it's possible to get the 50k with the personal?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:44 pm

Interested in united Bus. card 50-60k mileage offer

Hi guys. I have personal card for united but I can apply for a small business card but I am only interested in applying if I can get the 50-60k offer.

Any ideas how I can best go about this?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
well, the easiest way to google it.
https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx

The second way is to go to any travel related blog and they will inundate you with offers.

Or you get the chase ink card and then convert your UR points to UA miles.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by davecndn
Hi guys. I have personal card for united but I can apply for a small business card but I am only interested in applying if I can get the 50-60k offer.

Any ideas how I can best go about this?
Now that we've got you into the correct thread I'd suggest reading the Wiki and the last 40-50 posts. Good luck.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:37 am

Got the card, but no 50k/2k bonus listed

So I did get approved (after reducing the limit on another Chase card) and did receive the card today. However, the cover letter with the card does not mention the 50k/2k bonus at all (nor any similar miles/spend bonus). I kept copies of the web pages via which I submitted the application and they call out the 50k/2k bonues prominently.

Did anyone else have this problem? I haven't called Chase yet to try and sort this out but am wondering if they just aren't mentioning the bonus on the cover letter, or are actually denying it.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by oddhack
So I did get approved (after reducing the limit on another Chase card) and did receive the card today. However, the cover letter with the card does not mention the 50k/2k bonus at all (nor any similar miles/spend bonus). I kept copies of the web pages via which I submitted the application and they call out the 50k/2k bonues prominently.

Did anyone else have this problem? I haven't called Chase yet to try and sort this out but am wondering if they just aren't mentioning the bonus on the cover letter, or are actually denying it.
I think you have to spend $1000 within 3 mos
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:50 pm

chase united mp card

hi
i got 50k miles from my personal united mp card, can i apply for the business version now and get 30k-50k miles? or do i have to wait 24 months?
i know the amex spg card you can get starwood points for both personal and business cards.
thanks
Old Sep 24, 2014, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by davecndn
I think you have to spend $1000 within 3 mos
In my case the offer was for $2000 within 3 months.

Apparently Chase is not printing the terms of the 50k/2k (or 50k/1k or 30k/1k or whatever) bonus on the materials they send out, since the rep I talked to said that many people were calling in to verify. But they did verify the terms.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 8:40 am

Bonus miles for MP Bus Explorer card ?

In August I got a MP Explorer individual card and received my sign up bonus miles when I had met the spending requirement. In Sept I got a MP Explorer Bus. card. Since I have received my United Club Passes and membership guide for this business card is this an indication that I might also receive the sign up bonus miles for the card?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
So it looks like the only way to get the benefits of the card on a flight that was booked without the card is to hope that the person checking you in at the airport dukes it to you when you flash the card?

Is that the case, or is there any way you can know for certain before entering the airport. The reason I ask is I am considering checking in a bag if there is no fee.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by tomcanada22
Same here. Always got the 30k offer no matter what browser trick I used.
Finally gave up and applied using the 30k link 2 mths ago. Got instant approved with 10k credit limit. Then tried to SM to match the better 50k offer but got turned down as rep said the 50k offer is a targeted offer and needed the promo code (which I didn't have). Not sure if I pursue this further with maybe another SM in a week or just call CS ?

Also wanted to apply for the personal United card again as it is now 50k with another 5k for AU. My previous app was over 2 yrs ago. Heard it was not possible to get the personal bonus if already have the United Biz bonus, but since I only got the 30k with biz, wonder if it's possible to get the 50k with the personal?

Yes I have the same problem. Have tried multiple browsers from multiple computers with no luck. :/
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by anime333
So it looks like the only way to get the benefits of the card on a flight that was booked without the card is to hope that the person checking you in at the airport dukes it to you when you flash the card?

Is that the case, or is there any way you can know for certain before entering the airport. The reason I ask is I am considering checking in a bag if there is no fee.
Is the MP number associated with the cc entered in the reservation?

You can try to check-in online 24 hours prior to the flight and go as far as entering no of bags and see if it charges you.

Edit to add: when I view my reservation on united.com, if I scroll down, there is a section "Checking bags for this itinerary" where it says exactly how much for first and second checked bag. But first make sure you MP number is on the reservation.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:16 am

It is not tied to status, or browser. It is strictly targeted based on account. I logged into my wife's account and saw the 50k offer. When I logged into mine, I saw the 30k offer.

I verified this process several times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.