Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bob Cox
Flying from Denver last Sunday (23 Aug 2015) on Southwest from Concourse C, we stopped in the B concourse to see some friends flying United. At the top of the escalator from the train was a big banner for the 50K bonus for signing up for the personal Explorer card. I have one, but my wife doesn't, so she signed up and was approved on the spot (through an iPad app). The guys there said "this is the only place to get 50K", which is probably false -- so check the United-heavy concourses next time you fly, even if you are on another airline.
I saw the same thing at ORD United Terminal 1 so I thought it would be available online too. I was given a brochure with 50k bonus miles promotion but lost it. I thought flyertalk would have a better deal. Is there any other way to get the 50k bonus personal card?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:10 am

Hey guys,

So I went into my local Chase branch and they had the 50k miles personal card. I applied and got approved on the spot. They told me I can apply for the business card the next day.

Do you guys know the churning rules for Chase? Please elaborate.

Thanks,
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum
United-branded Chase cards don't seem to have firm rules -- nothing comparable to the 5/24mo rule for UR-earning cards, anyway.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 2:22 pm

United Business Card Bonus

See that the offer is 50K currently. Do they ever offer a higher bonus for the card? Or should we expect this to stay the same through the end of the year?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:38 am

I just got rejected from the card for not having enough business revenue. I just have a small sole proprietorship. Is there any way to contest this?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
I just got rejected from the card for not having enough business revenue. I just have a small sole proprietorship. Is there any way to contest this?
On the other hand, I was just approved for this card with a new business with no revenue -- I just put in $1 (since it didn't allow $0) in the online application. Probably based on my personal income and credit rating.

I suppose you could call and go over the issue -- did you get a phone number in your rejection email/letter?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 4:38 pm

I applied for this card on Sep 6, and they said they'd get back to me.

I have a feeling I'm going to get rejected on the "you have too much credit with us already". (I have an amazon visa with 29,000 limit, for example). I have 800+ score, so doubt reject will be due to that.

Best strategy when/if I have to call the reconsideration line? Should I ask them to cut credit limits on all my chase cards? (I currently have 4 - 1 business, 3 personal)
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:34 am

found it

Last edited by g8trgr8t; Sep 28, 2015 at 3:30 pm
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Denied 50K bonus

I applied for this card back in 7/19/2013, did the spend and received the bonus in 10/2013.

I applied for the card again in 7/28/2015, had to call the reconsideration line and during the process got what I thought was a confirmation that I was eligible for the bonus, was approved and did the spend.

In Sept. 2015 I got the postcard saying I was not eligible because I had the bonus within 24 months. I called in and appealed in writing and received a letting stating that because I had received the bonus within 24 months I was not eligible for it again.

OK. I think they have me with the language "previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months". I had thought it was by application date not award date.

So word of warning to you all.

Thinking next steps for me.

My thought is that once October has passed (I'll probably wait a month or two longer) I will be beyond the 24 month period and am non-eligible again. Or does the July 2015 application negate that?

Happy to hear thoughts
Old Oct 26, 2015, 3:00 pm

Business Card -any issue with >5 applications in 2 years?

The WIKI and Million mile secrets seem to say the more than 5 applications in 2 years Chase rule is not a factor with the business card. I could not find anything recent on this narrow issue. I was burned in June when I was turned down for the Freedom for too may apps (and took a hit on my credit score thank you very much). So what are the latest results on the business card? Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gregillinois
The WIKI and Million mile secrets seem to say the more than 5 applications in 2 years Chase rule is not a factor with the business card. I could not find anything recent on this narrow issue. I was burned in June when I was turned down for the Freedom for too may apps (and took a hit on my credit score thank you very much). So what are the latest results on the business card? Thanks
Just recently started in this hobby, but had 6 personal and 5 business cards over the last 13mo and was just approved for the United business card. Initially went to pending, but approved without calling in the next day.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:56 pm
rev

What about that whole big thread underneath the wiki?

The Applying for Chase Credit Cards thread gets a ton of activity and is full of data points. I would argue the wiki is recent too, but in any case, the short answer is there's no evidence Chase started enforcing business cards with the rule; though if it goes to pending, it's best to wait it out as some people have called in and have gotten reps who mentioned the rule for co-branded cards.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:47 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

could not find anything recent on this narrow issue. So what are the latest results on the business card? Thanks
Originally Posted by rev

The Applying for Chase Credit Cards thread gets a ton of activity and is full of data points. I would argue the wiki is recent too, but in any case, the short answer is there's no evidence Chase started enforcing business cards with the rule; though if it goes to pending, it's best to wait it out as some people have called in and have gotten reps who mentioned the rule for co-branded cards.
Hi Gregillinois... as rev pointed out, there is a great thread that will answer your questions: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...5-present.html
Old Nov 2, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Got it approved, but after calling in and a very long interrogation. I do have a legitimate business.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superspudbucket
I applied for this card back in 7/19/2013, did the spend and received the bonus in 10/2013.

I applied for the card again in 7/28/2015, had to call the reconsideration line and during the process got what I thought was a confirmation that I was eligible for the bonus, was approved and did the spend.

In Sept. 2015 I got the postcard saying I was not eligible because I had the bonus within 24 months. I called in and appealed in writing and received a letting stating that because I had received the bonus within 24 months I was not eligible for it again.

OK. I think they have me with the language "previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months". I had thought it was by application date not award date.

So word of warning to you all.

Thinking next steps for me.

My thought is that once October has passed (I'll probably wait a month or two longer) I will be beyond the 24 month period and am non-eligible again. Or does the July 2015 application negate that?

Happy to hear thoughts
The peril of NOT reading the fine print carefully.

It has been 24 months from receiving BONUS for almost a year now if not longer. Amazingly there are still folks who failed to heed this rule.

NOTE: the date is the date the bonus posted on your statement - the EARLIEST date would be the first statement date. And we do not know if Chase counts the actual date or the calendar month - therefore the earliest, realistic, date would be actually 25th month, and may be better to wait for the 25 Calendar month to pass. Those who push the envelope can continue their experiments - either report your success or your failure so the community would know how the count Chase uses.

Meanwhile, your failed attempt does not count against you, unlike Citi.

It pays to fully understand the rules of each bank so not to waste the efforts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.