Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Got an email about the 50k business offer today:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Business50kAFW

It's 2k in 3 months for 50k.

No bonus at $25k spend.

Same 2x categories.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:55 pm

How often can these cards be churned ? I looked, it is not in the Wiki
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:00 pm

Hi all, I applied for this card about 3 months ago when it had the 50,000 pts, 50 dollar statement credit, and 2 united passes. When will I received those passes? I've already completed my minimum requirement and received my points and statement credit.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hmmm, I keep trying to find this offer, none of these links are working for me
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Platinum, Marriott Platinum
United business card: 50k+10k united miles

Just cancelled my UA card. Fed up with MP devaluations.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA, A3, TK, Marriott, IHG, Hertz
Thanks guys, I applied
Old Dec 4, 2014, 9:39 am

Both business (click on "Are you a business owner" in the upper right corner) and personal cards are available at this link (redirects to the same offer page posted upthread) after logging in:

www.unitedexplorercard.com/55
Old Jan 4, 2015, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Both business (click on "Are you a business owner" in the upper right corner) and personal cards are available at this link (redirects to the same offer page posted upthread) after logging in:

www.unitedexplorercard.com/55
Does this only work for long standing members? I logged into my account through the link and got the 50k offer; however, after I went in on my wife's account (opened today) it showed up as 30k. Do I need to transfer over a few ultimate reward points to her MP account to see the offer, or is it unlikely that her new account will see the offer?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bar19900
Does this only work for long standing members? I logged into my account through the link and got the 50k offer; however, after I went in on my wife's account (opened today) it showed up as 30k. Do I need to transfer over a few ultimate reward points to her MP account to see the offer, or is it unlikely that her new account will see the offer?
I doubt transferring points would help. If it doesn't require status (do you have status with United yourself or not?), then it probably just takes (significant) time.

I'm not sure whether it's for long-standing members, but keep in mind that it takes a while (possibly months) for Chase and United to communicate back with each, create a targeted offer, etc. I do know that mailed & emailed targeted offers I get from banks are typically based on information from at least a couple months before that (it's easy to tell on those offers saying "increase your mileage from XXXXX to YYYYY", when XXXXX is not all my current mileage any more), so there's clearly a big delay between when your situation changes at the airline and when the bank knows it.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I doubt transferring points would help. If it doesn't require status (do you have status with United yourself or not?), then it probably just takes (significant) time.

I'm not sure whether it's for long-standing members, but keep in mind that it takes a while (possibly months) for Chase and United to communicate back with each, create a targeted offer, etc. I do know that mailed & emailed targeted offers I get from banks are typically based on information from at least a couple months before that (it's easy to tell on those offers saying "increase your mileage from XXXXX to YYYYY", when XXXXX is not all my current mileage any more), so there's clearly a big delay between when your situation changes at the airline and when the bank knows it.
Thanks, this makes sense. I don't have status.....I have lots of miles, but no status. I actually currently have the united explorer personal card (and was still offered the 50k bonus). I would doubt my wife will see the offer any time soon being that I just opened her account.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
offer for 50K is now on united.com

https://www.theexplorercard.com/Busi...ate=2015-01-27

$2K spend in 3 months.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Finally!! Nice work, thanks for the dig, and for sharing.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Do we have any data points about the 24 month rule with chase? I got this card ~14 months ago (closed now) and want to open another one.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:22 pm

any data on using your actual business VS your personal SSN?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
I'm curious as well about the 24 month rule? I had the Chase biz card for a couple of years and closed it 14 months ago. Thanks

Originally Posted by Slybone
Do we have any data points about the 24 month rule with chase? I got this card ~14 months ago (closed now) and want to open another one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.