Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
When does the 10,000 hit? I met the 25k spend in December 2013, haven't seen the spending bonus yet.
Originally Posted by breadman
How long does it usually take for the miles to post in your United account after reaching the spending amount?
I've added an answer in the wiki to this extremely FAQ.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:33 pm

I had to log in my united account before I found the offer.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980

"I went to the united site, clicked link for united explorer business, got landing page for 30K offer, clicked tab for Mileageplus Club business card got offer for $0 first year, clicked tab back to explorer business and boom 50K offer W/2K spend in 3months + the 10K after 25K."[/B]

Some people log into their united mileage account and find the 50k offer. YMMV
FYI on 2/14/14, this technique worked for me, but only after logging into united on a different browser than i usually use.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I'm Premier Silver but haven't had any activity in just over 6 months and I do get the Bus. offer to show.

Here's the direct link when I get to it (what works for me is to open a Chrome Incognito Window, sign-in to United.com, and then paste this link): https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPBusiness50kAFW.aspx

FWIW, if I don't sign in to United.com, the above link does NOT work (30k offer appears).
Just approved for Mileage Plus Business 50k offer and confirmed the promo.

Exact same procedure above worked for me. Thanks! FYI, I have United Club personal card.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Anyone know whether the forex rates for this card are decent as per standard exchange rates - as they have no foreign transaction fees?

Am planning to use it in India at present, so just wanted a heads-up.

Thanks.

Edited to Add: Just used it - was very close to the XE.com exchange rate - when viewing the temporary charge amount in USD.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Feb 20, 2014 at 10:30 am
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Anyone know whether the forex rates for this card are decent as per standard exchange rates - as they have no foreign transaction fees?
AFAIK, the exchange rate is determined by your network (Visa or MC); the rate is not card/product (i.e. United vs. CSP vs. Palladium) or even issuer (i.e. Chase vs. Citi vs. Barclays) specific. The spread has always been really tight compared to spot prices in my experience. Just be sure to always charge in local currency, never opt for dynamic currency conversion (DCC).
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Not recent activity driven in my 0-4 example. 1 account just had some MR posted in last few weeks, another has gone almost a year. The one that just has some posted miles also redeemed miles recently.

We all had the personal card around a year ago, but they've all been cancelled for about 6 months. Only other common denominator is that none of us has a flight mile in years, or status, we all live in Texas, and we all have over 100k miles each.
-I had personal card and cancelled a few months ago
-only miles activity is from Jan 2014 transfer from prev canceled card to MP acct
-I also live in TX
-I get 50k offer for personal & biz @ 2k spend in 3 months
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:19 pm

Programs: AOPA
Churnable?

Can I churn the business card like the personal one?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:39 am

Can I churn the business card like the personal one?
How does one churn the personal card? My reading here and understanding is that Chase makes one wait two years to churn a card like the personal one or another like the Marriott card for bonus points??

On another note, is anyone able to still see the 50K bonus? All the tips/tricks I've read here to get it to show the 50K offer are not working and I only see the 30K offer for the business card. TIA
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by BillGattes
On another note, is anyone able to still see the 50K bonus? All the tips/tricks I've read here to get it to show the 50K offer are not working and I only see the 30K offer for the business card. TIA
I tried yesterday and could see the 50k offer.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by AggieTraveler
I tried yesterday and could see the 50k offer.
I just applied.

I would note it is a 2K spend, not a 1K as per some other posts.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:16 am

Finally saw the 50k promo pop up after using the special instruction after who knows how many attempts

But I am currently using two cards with a total spending requirement of $7k. I am going to wait another two month before applying to this. Hopefully, i get the 50K pop up again.

KEEP TRYING FOR THE 50K, don't give in to the 30k offer!!!!!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by BillGattes
How does one churn the personal card? My reading here and understanding is that Chase makes one wait two years to churn a card like the personal one or another like the Marriott card for bonus points??

for the personal card wait 3 months create a new FF# on united. Apply

worked for me
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:52 am

I tried all the advice to get the 50K bonus, but still only see the 30K bonus. I signed up for 30K. Has anyone had success getting 50K by sending a secure message after signing up for 30K? If so, any tips on what to say in the secure message would be appreciated.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:35 pm

for the personal card wait 3 months create a new FF# on united. Apply

worked for me

Thank-you very much for the info.

I hope you will answer some follow-up questions.

- Do you mind if I ask how many times you have been able to do this? Personally, I would do this every 3 months if it is that simple.

- Are you able (or is someone able to) easily transfer United Miles to another United FF account and not raise eyebrows?

Thank-you very much for your responses...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.