Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
Awesome for you!
when was your last app and how long ago was your first cc app?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by joediver
Already have 5 personal and 2 business cards with Chase. Just got instant approval with $27K limit. Don't quite know where they came up with that number but I'm not complaining. ^^
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Last app was 6 months ago and first app was over 10 years ago. I really don't want to close out any of the older ones as it is much better for my FICA score. Also, I used Internet Explorer, logged in to UA account, went to credit cards,selected Business, backed up to personal then clicked on Business again and offer was 50k
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:03 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by joediver
I really don't want to close out any of the older ones as it is much better for my FICA score.
The only thing that will improve your FICA score is years of steady, high-income work. Or an act of Congress.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 1:33 pm

corrected

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 28, 2013 at 1:39 pm
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by nall
One of the tabs does link to a 50k offer, but if you're not eligible, it just redirects to the 30k offer.
Aha! I see it. Hmmm... so it really is me. I tried it after loggin into milegae plus using my sons account who has had no united activity for a long time. Same result. What a tease. The mystery of it drives me kookoo. If it were simply not available, Id just move on.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: Lufthansa
Originally Posted by scoy
I recently flew on united hnl-gum since last trying to get the offer to show. maybe that helped. I used a chrome browser on private mode. . then signed into my united account. then clicked on business products under products and services. then the MileagePlus Explorer Business Card link. at first the offer showed 30k. clicked on the club card, which showed $395 fee waived the first year. clicked back to the MileagePlus Explorer Business Card tab, and then it showed the 50k offer with 2k spend.
....worked for me exactly as you described....thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:40 pm

I'm contemplating signing up for a MileagePlus Business card but I don't really have a legitimate business. Has anyone been approved with 1 year and $0 income? I don't wanna make up stuff since I've read that it isn't wise to do so. Here's what I'm thinking of putting for the questions they ask.

Type Of Business: Sole Proprietor

Years in Business Under Current Owner: 1 (since 0 wasn't an option)
Number of Employees: 0

Nature of Business: Other

Annual Business Revenue/Sales:$0

Does that look like something I can get approved with? Also, what kind of income are you guys reporting having that gets approved, I'm curious?

Last edited by Venomous West; Sep 28, 2013 at 8:52 pm
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Venomous West
I'm contemplating signing up for a MileagePlus Business card but I don't really have a legitimate business. Has anyone been approved with 1 year and $0 income? I don't wanna make up stuff since I've read that it isn't wise to do so. Here's what I'm thinking of putting for the questions they ask.

Type Of Business: Sole Proprietor

Years in Business Under Current Owner: 1 (since 0 wasn't an option)
Number of Employees: 0

Nature of Business: Other

Annual Business Revenue/Sales:$0

Does that look like something I can get approved with? Also, what kind of income are you guys reporting having that gets approved, I'm curious?
Did tonight what you're thinking of doing--although I did count myself as an employee. I have a decent yearly income from sources outside the business that I'm starting. Keep in mind there are plenty of startup businesses every year. Chase and other banking institutions that I have received business cards from aren't shying away from you for just starting up a business. They just want to know that if you open a card, you won't stiff them for $2000.00. Of course, they want a longer-term customer, but a more important concern for them is that you'll always pay off your bill.

From my experience with credit card companies and reading the fora here, I've learned to always be straight about income. The people who get shut down generally have inflated either business or personal income along the way. No financial institution worries about those figures until you stop paying bills or run up expenses that trigger alerts that make them think you might be one of those folks who opened a card just to charge a bunch of money on it that you never intend to repay. Then, when it's time to prove that you can support the business or personal income you've claimed, you will definitely find the banks shutting down your accounts and trying to claw back miles/points if you come up short.

Yeah, you might not get every card you want if you're straight with the banks on income, but if you're seriously overreaching, you're only going to get one or two really fantastic trips in this game. And this game is not about one or two. . .
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Yeah, you might not get every card you want if you're straight with the banks on income, but if you're seriously overreaching, you're only going to get one or two really fantastic trips in this game. And this game is not about one or two. . .
Exactly. As far as business cards go, it's much better to tell them you are starting a new business in your own area of expertise and you haven't made any money from it yet. (Could that be true? If someone approached you right now with a lucrative consulting offer, would you turn it down?) Don't make it any more complicated than it needs to be. Your personal regular income guarantees the debt anyway.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Has anyone who got the 30K/$1000 spend offer been able to PM Chase and get the 50k/$2000 spend offer ?

I got the pending message last week and an email today saying the card is on the way.

Thanks
From what I have seen the offer has to have the same exact spending requirements for chase to be able to match it. I think it is easy for the CSRs to apply the extra/matched miles but not easy (or maybe not even possible)to mess with the spending requirement changes.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: US Gold • SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nall
One of the tabs does link to a 50k offer, but if you're not eligible, it just redirects to the 30k offer.

Come on already United, I want to get this offer and spend a bunch on this card.

EDIT: This card comes with primary collision insurance, right? Is it only when driving for business? (And how would they know?)
Yeah - as mentioned in my post, I had been getting the 50k offer just a month ago. Outlined data points just to illustrate that recent activity may affect eligibility.

As for the insurance - how would they know [personal vs. biz]?

Still debating going the SM / CSR route for the app. Or just getting Bold / CSP.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:38 am

I got this email from Chase today, I replied back making sure I will get the 50K as the wording says first time EXPLORER cardholders. I have had the Explorer car before but not the business version but I wan to check before I spend the $2K

I just want to make sure Chase doesn't now consider all cards the same "product" now.

You will receive 50,000 bonus miles after you spend
$2,000 in the first 3 months your account is open. You
will see these bonus miles post to your account
six-to-eight weeks from the date the spending requirement
is met.
? You can also earn 10,000 bonus miles when you spend
$25,000 or more on your card each calendar year.

Please keep in mind that all enrollment offers are for
new, first-time United MileagePlus Explorer credit card
members only. This means we reserve the right to withhold
adding any enrollment miles if you have previously
received them on the same product on a previous date.

Last edited by flyer4512; Sep 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:48 pm

I got this email from Chase today, I replied back making sure I will get the 50K as the wording says first time EXPLORER cardholders. I have had the Explorer car before but not the business version but I wan to check before I spend the $2K
Wouldn't it have been so much easier and less risky to just complete the spend and see what happens? Why draw attention to yourself? (Especially when so many folks have done exactly what you want to do.)
Old Sep 30, 2013, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Wouldn't it have been so much easier and less risky to just complete the spend and see what happens? Why draw attention to yourself? (Especially when so many folks have done exactly what you want to do.)
Not really, I always confirm the bonus before doing the spend, that $2k spend will be 100K Hilton Honors points if they say no.

Too many cards available to waste $2,000 hoping I get a bonus IMO. If the rules state you can get the bonus for being a first time EXPLORER Business cardholder than I am good to go, if not I move on to a different card but I would rather know for sure.

If the rules are one bonus per product I am good, if Chase recently change the rules to one bonus per Explorer card ( regardless or personal or business) than they are going to look into everyone going forward and deny bonuses.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 10:24 am
Used to be 'slotownmomma'

Programs: Too many to list!
Smile Thanks for info

I just want to make sure Chase doesn't now consider all cards the same "product" now.

You will receive 50,000 bonus miles after you spend
$2,000 in the first 3 months your account is open. You
will see these bonus miles post to your account
six-to-eight weeks from the date the spending requirement
is met.
? You can also earn 10,000 bonus miles when you spend
$25,000 or more on your card each calendar year.

Please keep in mind that all enrollment offers are for
new, first-time United MileagePlus Explorer credit card
members only. This means we reserve the right to withhold
adding any enrollment miles if you have previously
received them on the same product on a previous date.
Great to know is offer is being sent out. Would love to receive it myself. I think you are safe if you've only had a personal version. Chase approves cards in two separate department for personal and business. These are separate products and I'm almost positive would be viewed completely separate for a bonus. Can't say for sure because I haven't got the biz version yet.....will hope to get a target offer like you. Good luck. Will report back if I do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.