Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Current public offer as of March 2024: 100k for $5K spend in 3 months: https://creditcards.chase.com/busine...ard?iCELL=6C1Y

Note: This is now branded as the United Business Card, without the "Explorer" branding. It is believed that this is considered by Chase to be a new product compared to the Explorer Business Card.

Older offers:
For the complete list of all Chase Credit card public offers, see the Chase sitemap : https://creditcards.chase.com/sitemap

Can I apply for this card after earning a previous bonus on it?
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the Chase "5/24" policy? Does it apply to this card?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?
See the wiki at Applying for Chase Credit cards.

Can I have MileagePlus Explorer Business Card if I already have a MileagePlus Explorer personal card?Yes. They are different products.

If I earned a 50k bonus within last 24 months on a MP Explorer Business card with one EIN, would I be able to apply for and receive a new bonus with a new MP Explorer Business card with a different business EIN?No. Even if your businesses have separate EINs, you must wait the 24 months.

Once I meet the spending requirement, how soon will I receive my bonus points?Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your United account within a day or two thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending within 7-10 days of your statement close, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.

Where can I find details on the travel & purchase-protection benefits for this card?Here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

Notes:
Print Wikipost

United MileagePlus Explorer Business card: Various offers up to 100K

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:02 am

Got the 50K to pull up in Firefox. But was busy doing something and came back 15 minutes and now it says to try again in 24 hours. Tried it in Chrome Incognito and cleared cookies in both browsers but now can't get it back.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I was rejected because of "Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". I have 1 UA Explorer, 1 PC and 1 Ink Plus business, so I guess it's the number of other cards I've been getting recently.

There goes my hope of getting to 120K quickly.
Same happened to me, but call the reconsideration line and move some credit around. It's about the ratio of exposure to income.

My concern is that when I received my Ink Plus package there was no reference to the 50k mileage offer. I hope I still qualified. Is it based on when you applied or when you were approved? I just hope that the reconsideration line did not "reapply" for the card for me thus rendering my original bonus mileage offer unapplicable. Or does the package they ship with the card not show the bonus offer in the letter?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Same happened to me, but call the reconsideration line and move some credit around. It's about the ratio of exposure to income.

My concern is that when I received my Ink Plus package there was no reference to the 50k mileage offer. I hope I still qualified. Is it based on when you applied or when you were approved? I just hope that the reconsideration line did not "reapply" for the card for me thus rendering my original bonus mileage offer unapplicable. Or does the package they ship with the card not show the bonus offer in the letter?
The welcome package never refers to the bonus. Just call them and say you can't remember whether the 50k mile bonus required $1k of spend or $2 and you'll get confirmation of the 50k mile bonus.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:40 am

got my first chase decline on this card today. what i learned: if the exposure = 50% of your income and you have a lot of recent applications, you should cool off. they didn't want to trade cards or move credit lines. alas
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by agent0068
got my first chase decline on this card today. what i learned: if the exposure = 50% of your income and you have a lot of recent applications, you should cool off. they didn't want to trade cards or move credit lines. alas
Chase definitely doesn't like seeing a lot of recent credit inquiries. I got this UA bix card last week, but they didn't give me more credit -- just reallocated from the 2 other Chase cards I have -- and said something about a lot of recent inquiries.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Long Islander
Chase definitely doesn't like seeing a lot of recent credit inquiries. I got this UA bix card last week, but they didn't give me more credit -- just reallocated from the 2 other Chase cards I have -- and said something about a lot of recent inquiries.
they basically read me my credit report lol. i told them that it sounds like they'd rather i give my business to amex

they clarified that they want to primarily see more biz revenue on the books. the number of inquiries seemed more like a secondary black eye for me.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:10 pm

Just tried jsmithv's method got recon.

2nd business card with chase, had a ink bold earlier in may hopefully will get approved.

Last edited by hc000; Aug 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Applied 7/15 from 50K page, pending message at the end of the app, called recon, denied for 'sufficient credit with Chase' and too many accounts opened recently.
Asked for recon through SM, specifically asked them to move credit around so I could keep all my spending with Chase, denied for the same reasons after 'a second thorough consideration'.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:22 pm

I had to use the 30k link then cut and paste as per vsmith's instructions.
Did a search, but couldn't find any instructions... Mind explaining?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:55 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
50k posted today

thanks everyone!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by kissdisap
I had to use the 30k link then cut and paste as per vsmith's instructions.
Did a search, but couldn't find any instructions... Mind explaining?
I think the reference was to jsmithv's post #76. However, you should try the method outlined in the OP first.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
After 11 days and 3 PMs, was finally approved. They had to reduce the credit limit on another card to accomodate. Since this is my 5th Chase card I consider myself lucky. Now need to cool my jets for awhile.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
I've applied for and been accepted for many personal Chase cards lately, but only have the one business card. How will that affect my chances of approval? After all, this is a business card.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
The business hardly matters, unless it's lost money. It's all really based on you, since you're the one on the hook.

Got it today with chrome incognito - reconsideration call 1 hr after app sent - approval with credit line shuffle from my personal explorer card.

Last edited by jumpdogjump; Aug 7, 2013 at 5:56 pm
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Unable to get it to work in any browser using incognito, cleared cookies, etc. Perhaps because I already own the personal version of this card? Only getting the 30K offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.