Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:54 am

i applied to the Chase BA 100k for $150 card a little over a month ago. can I apply for this card now? I got a notice that this offer expires July 6 and want to get it...
Old Jul 5, 2012, 8:35 am

What's the consensus on getting the 2 club passes? Haven't received any info on them, though my points and statement credit have posted
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Happy
Given they issued a $50 statement credit to you, it seems you do qualify for the 50K bonus.

When was your $56 charge made? Was it posted at least ONE WEEK before the 6/8 statement date?

Do you see any mile on your CARD STATEMENT? Or you just dont see it in your UA account? It makes a huge difference as where your problem of non-posting may lie.

Today is 7/3, statement is 7/8. It is too close to statement date to trigger any bonus if the first one did not trigger it. Chase cut off the processing of bonus about 1 week before statement closing date. Too many folks miss this often-mentioned fact and cut their qualifying purchases way too close to their statement dates...
The $56 dollar charge was made about 5 days prior to the statement close date. I got the $56 on my statement and my UA account. When I activated they even told me that I was eligible for 50k and whatnot. I'm sure I will get the bonus with how good Chase is, was just curious on the post time of others people. I'll see what this statement brings.

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:54 pm

If I add my wife as an authorized user to get 5000 additional bonus miles, can she later on apply for her own card and get all the bonus miles?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by JCary
If I add my wife as an authorized user to get 5000 additional bonus miles, can she later on apply for her own card and get all the bonus miles?
Yes, and she can add you as an authorized user if you'd like.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JCary
I just did this very thing. I got my card 2 months ago, added hubby, got 5K points. He applied for and received his own card. I dropped him from mine as AU. He will add me to his as AU and get the extra 5K points. Once they post, he will drop me off his card.

If you are an AU it shows in your credit report that you have this credit card and affects your credit score.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Smerri
The $56 dollar charge was made about 5 days prior to the statement close date. I got the $56 on my statement and my UA account. When I activated they even told me that I was eligible for 50k and whatnot. I'm sure I will get the bonus with how good Chase is, was just curious on the post time of others people. I'll see what this statement brings.

Thanks
I would say 5 days before statement close date is cutting it too short. Patiently wait until the next billing cycle.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
What's the consensus on getting the 2 club passes? Haven't received any info on them, though my points and statement credit have posted
The passes arrive approx 2 months after you get your card.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by susiesan
If you are an AU it shows in your credit report that you have this credit card and affects your credit score.
I know this is the case for AX as they require a SSN for an AU, but how can Chase report to your credit if they can't ID somebody by SSN?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susiesan
I just did this very thing. I got my card 2 months ago, added hubby, got 5K points. He applied for and received his own card. I dropped him from mine as AU. He will add me to his as AU and get the extra 5K points. Once they post, he will drop me off his card.

No. It does not.

Actually in the past it helps the AU's score if the Primary has a better one than the AU. It was being used as a loophole to boost people's scores by some shady practices. Such "benefits" have been corrected by the reporting agencies.

Being an AU now literally has no effect on the AU's own score or history.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
I know this is the case for AX as they require a SSN for an AU, but how can Chase report to your credit if they can't ID somebody by SSN?
In the case of a long-married couple, their credit reports are linked in the data bases by addresses, and other JT accounts. Yes, without SSN, if the AU is a spouse and the couple has long credit history, the AU info would show up in each other's report.

However, it does NOT affect the FICO for being an AU - because the data does not even come into the FICO calculation when it is AU.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
Got this card a couple months ago and just called up to cancel it since I truthfully only got it for the miles (lets be honest isn't that the only reason for a card?). The man on the phone informed me that if it was cancelled within 6 months they could go into my account and retrieve the points.... oops did I call to cancel the card I meant to call to ask about uhhh.... benefits....
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
No. It does not.

Actually in the past it helps the AU's score if the Primary has a better one than the AU. It was being used as a loophole to boost people's scores by some shady practices. Such "benefits" have been corrected by the reporting agencies.

Being an AU now literally has no effect on the AU's own score or history.
... but it does still show up on the AU's credit reports, just to confuse you.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dl767captain
Got this card a couple months ago and just called up to cancel it since I truthfully only got it for the miles (lets be honest isn't that the only reason for a card?). The man on the phone informed me that if it was cancelled within 6 months they could go into my account and retrieve the points.... oops did I call to cancel the card I meant to call to ask about uhhh.... benefits....
And I can verify that Chase can and would take back miles should it decide to do so. Happened to me and a few others in the past when of course not keeping the cards beyond 6 months. It does not do it on each case but it can definitely do it.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:34 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by aarif1
... but it does still show up on the AU's credit reports, just to confuse you.
Had a situation recently where someone was reviewing a paper copy of the credit report and the available credit calculation included AU lines. The magnitude of the total number raised some eyebrows but was easy to explain.

(the point being - there is a difference between an automated review and a manual review, especially if the reviewer is not an expert)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.