Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2012, 12:27 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
Originally Posted by Zolomark
I read a post by one of those FF bloggers that he was able to apply for 2 chase cards within a 2 month period by calling the reconsideration. How hard and fast is the 3 month rule for chase cards?
It's not hard and fast at all. I personally was approved for a chase card in early May and another in early June, but it took a call to the reconsideration line.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
My 50,000 posted today. Wonderful thing.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, US
When do the miles usually post? I just got off the phone and the person said 6-8 weeks. my transaction date shows 7/7 and the post date shows 7/8. will i receive the $50 statement credit along with the 50k miles ?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:11 pm

The link is showing you need to spend 1k in the first 3 months now . Is it only me or the good days are over
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jys55
When do the miles usually post? I just got off the phone and the person said 6-8 weeks. my transaction date shows 7/7 and the post date shows 7/8. will i receive the $50 statement credit along with the 50k miles ?
If your purchase is made at least a week BEFORE your statement closing date, then you would see your miles posted on the 1st statement at statement close date, show up in UA account 2 to 3 biz days later.

If your purchase is made within the window of 7 days to statement closing date, expect your miles posted in your 2nd statement close date.

$50 statement credit shows up on your statement a few days after the purchase made.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:30 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Smerri
My 50,000 posted today. Wonderful thing.
How about the additional 5k for adding an authorized user?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:14 am

I have received my card but two United Club passes did not come with the card. I assume they should come later. I made my first purchase yesterday. How long does it usually take for the passes to come?
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: UA MR UR AA
Still waiting for my 50k. I did the first purchase on June 22nd but my statement closing is on June 21st. Looks like it'll be a few more weeks for me...
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by farulg
Still waiting for my 50k. I did the first purchase on June 22nd but my statement closing is on June 21st. Looks like it'll be a few more weeks for me...
Yes, in all probability, they should post with the next statement!
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
I have received my card but two United Club passes did not come with the card. I assume they should come later. I made my first purchase yesterday. How long does it usually take for the passes to come?
I thought they came right away too, but the passes didn't arrive until around the one-year anniversary mark. This is different from the US Airways card which emailed me that a club pass will arrive with the welcome package.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by love2ft
I thought they came right away too, but the passes didn't arrive until around the one-year anniversary mark. This is different from the US Airways card which emailed me that a club pass will arrive with the welcome package.
Our (self and spouse) passes came a few Weeks after getting the card. Different accounts same experience.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by mizzou1
I received mine a couple weeks after card. My significant other is still waiting. She received the card two days after me.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 8:43 pm

Hey all,

I also have about 10k miles in my United account so I was able to get this deal by logging in.

My concern is I'm a recent college grad, only have about 1.2 years of credit history. Do you think I will have enough credit to get this card?

Last edited by shaun132; Jul 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm Reason: Details
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Existing One Pass Mastercard

I have an exiting One Pass Mastercard obtained early 2012, that has been converted to a Mileage Plus Mastercard...

From the current terms and conditions:

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

The wording has changed since earlier in the year... I've never held the Visa version, so I wonder if I'm in the clear to get a 2nd bonus.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:26 pm

I received instant approval on 7/1 for the 40K offer and can confirm that Chase is still matching the 65K deal + $50 credit.

Originally Posted by shaun132
Hey all,

I also have about 10k miles in my United account so I was able to get this deal by logging in.

My concern is I'm a recent college grad, only have about 1.2 years of credit history. Do you think I will have enough credit to get this card?
I am a student with very little credit history and was still able to get an instant approval.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.