Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I had a dine on June 29. The miles posted a few days ago. So it takes about 10 days from the restaurant visit to the miles actually in the account.
This was our experience. About 7 days for the dine to post to the Dining account, then an extra 3 days for those dine points to post to the Mileage Plus account.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
When/where did $1000k spend start coming into play?? i havent heard that one yet. It was always first purchase. Anyone confirm?
I have points in my account but currently don't hold the card (my wife has one). I clicked through to the landing page and the $1000 in the first three months is definitely there and new. When my wife signed up for the card a couple months ago, that requirement wasn't there.

I also don't see any mention of the $50 statement credit when clicking through the MilagePlus website link, though that wasn't on the offer before. I had to log in to my account and then go through the link in the first post of this thread to see the $50 statement credit offer.

Last edited by dioxide45; Jul 13, 2012 at 5:08 am
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
LOL... so I cancel my Continental OnePass Card last Friday. Applied for US Airways 40K bonus card and was approved same day. Yesterday in mail get offer for United MileagePlus Explorer Card with 65K bonus points.

They must want to really give me another 50K bonus, too easy...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I applied for the UA Explorer card last week, was approved and the card just arrived in the mail today. I took Chase up on their offer of a potential 65k mile incentive. Do any of you know how long I'll need to wait before requesting a product change to the UA Club Card?

By the way, I thought this card was going to arrive with the look and feel of my Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (metal and clean looking without the number on the front), but it's nothing more than an ordinary plastic card. Not to sound snobbish, but that was a let down to find it's not more high-end looking/feeling. (I know the Club card is like the CSP, so I guess I'll just have to wait to PC)
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I had continental card and after the merger mine was converted to United. I cancelled it when they charged annual renewal fee and got the fee refunded.
Now am I considered the first time applicant for this sign up miles or will I not get sign up miles?
Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Yes - I had an identical situation and got the Explorer card with the full bonus while I still had the OnePass card (which I subsequently cancelled).
Thank you for the confirmation.. I just applied today.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kcdude
I had continental card and after the merger mine was converted to United. I cancelled it when they charged annual renewal fee and got the fee refunded.
Now am I considered the first time applicant for this sign up miles or will I not get sign up miles?
Thanks
Has it been less than 12 mos. since you closed the CO card? If so, you may want to wait at least that amount of time before applying.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Thanks
Was this referenced earlier in this thread?
Originally Posted by JaysonW
Has it been less than 12 mos. since you closed the CO card? If so, you may want to wait at least that amount of time before applying.
You sure?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:44 am

I have a continental OP plus card from last year and fee date is coming up fast.
Yesterday I received the United MP Explorer invitation in the mail.
Should I apply? What are my chances of approval and bonus point deposit? Should I cancel the OP card before or after the MP explorer application?
I also have a Chase Southwest RR plus card.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
Originally Posted by JaysonW
Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Was this referenced earlier in this thread?
You sure?
Originally Posted by crazyflier
I have a continental OP plus card from last year and fee date is coming up fast.
Yesterday I received the United MP Explorer invitation in the mail.
Should I apply? What are my chances of approval and bonus point deposit? Should I cancel the OP card before or after the MP explorer application?
I also have a Chase Southwest RR plus card.
Guys, the answer is in this thread, posted many many times since March.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 10:08 pm

Guys, the answer is in this thread, posted many many times since March.
Got it - this post almost mirrors my situation.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18711956-post434.html

Applied online and was approved immediately this afternoon. Shall cancel the old CO OP once the new UA MP one comes in.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:28 pm

It looks like the $1000 spend in the first three months is only on the 55K/65K offer. The 40K offer doesn't have that same limitation. Odd.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dioxide45
It looks like the $1000 spend in the first three months is only on the 55K/65K offer. The 40K offer doesn't have that same limitation. Odd.
Why is it odd? Higher bonus carries higher spend requirement. It is just natural when Chase tweaked the offers.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:37 am

Why is it odd? Higher bonus carries higher spend requirement. It is just natural when Chase tweaked the offers.
Guess it really isn't odd. Just that the only difference between the offers is that the 40K one is offered to anyone on the street that has either no MP account or no balance in their MP account. The 55K offer is offered up to those with a points balance in their MP account.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
Is there a 65K United Business Explorer card offer? All I can locate is the 40K one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.