Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by gezzuzz
are you logged in and have miles in your account?
I found the problem. The 110k miles I have in my account are from Continental (prior to merger), I didn't have any United miles in this account. So I transferred 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points to United and now the 65k URL works.

I found out this was the problem by trying the URL with my wifes account and the 65k URL worked. Then went back to my account and the URL no longer worked. Once I did the transfer, all was good.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BA Silver, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Thanks for the link which shows 65K bonus offer (50K+5K+10K). Applied & design pending. Does any one have experience with recons. please advise!

FYI : I got approved with Chase BA card recently (actually on July 13)
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
I just received my Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card. I already have my Chase BA card registered at chase.com. I just tried to add my Chase United card at chase.com, but it is telling me this is a business card. I did not apply for a Chase United business card, but for a personal Chase United credit card. Has anyone alse had this problem when registering there Chase United card at chase.com?
Can't believe someone has exactly the same experience like me. I just gave them a phone call and have them manually added the card to join the exist account. The display from online seems a little bit wired after linking, but at least I can manage the card online and no complain.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:10 pm

Just signed up - how many of you actually plan on keeping the card the following year and paying the $95 annual fee? Do you think the it is worth the value?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tochenzo
Just signed up - how many of you actually plan on keeping the card the following year and paying the $95 annual fee? Do you think the it is worth the value?
If you and a companion fly United round trip once a year, the annual fee pays for itself in just the free checked baggage fee. It also has primary CDW coverage for rental cars vs secondary coverage. Which is better than most others out there. We plan on keeping this card primarily for those two reasons.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
So I applied for this card, and got the pending message. I called Recon, and they said I can close my current UA Explorer card (opened in January) and they can try to give me the card I applied for today (as well as the miles that come with it).

Should I go ahead with this? My main concern is that they take away the bonus I received from January... also, they said that they didn't do a pull but if I chose to close the January card in an effort to get a new one, they can't guarantee that I'd be approved and that it'll be a pull either way.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by eriquita0115
So I applied for this card, and got the pending message. I called Recon, and they said I can close my current UA Explorer card (opened in January) and they can try to give me the card I applied for today (as well as the miles that come with it).

Should I go ahead with this? My main concern is that they take away the bonus I received from January... also, they said that they didn't do a pull but if I chose to close the January card in an effort to get a new one, they can't guarantee that I'd be approved and that it'll be a pull either way.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
They won't take away the bonus you already received, especially since you held the card more than six months.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by GoGreen
They won't take away the bonus you already received, especially since you held the card more than six months.
But the question is - can he or she get another bonus?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: AA, United, British Airways, Alaska Air
Originally Posted by garykung
But the question is - can he or she get another bonus?
I was told that I would but I'm skeptical about it as I've never done this sort of thing before. Has anyone done it?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eriquita0115
I was told that I would but I'm skeptical about it as I've never done this sort of thing before. Has anyone done it?
Here is the risk/reward you are looking at:

1) your bonus from the card in January is secured.

2) you can drop the current application and be done with it. Though I were you, I would make sure there was indeed no hard pull from this application instead of just took their words for it.

3) you can risk a hard pull to get the new card - looks like you would get it as they are exchanging the existing card's credit line to open the new card.

4) you may or may not get the bonus. It is an unknown.
but you would definitely not get the bonus if you opt for 2).

So, it is a cost of a hard pull for a possible 55K bonus.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:40 am

$50 rebate and 55K points posted yesterday!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BA Silver, Hertz Gold, HH Gold
Smile

Called Recon line Got Approve with bonus offer. Thanks!

Originally Posted by kkdon
Thanks for the link which shows 65K bonus offer (50K+5K+10K). Applied & design pending. Does any one have experience with recons. please advise!

FYI : I got approved with Chase BA card recently (actually on July 13)
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:45 pm

got this about 8 weeks ago- 1st statement was 1 mile per dollar spent, this statement was 1.5 per dollar spent- did they change the terms on this offer at some point?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: IHG, Choice Hotels, Hyatt -Plat, Hilton, Carlson - Gold, BWR - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Originally Posted by dioxide45
If you and a companion fly United round trip once a year, the annual fee pays for itself in just the free checked baggage fee. It also has primary CDW coverage for rental cars vs secondary coverage. Which is better than most others out there. We plan on keeping this card primarily for those two reasons.
Hi dioxide dont forget to mention the two free club passes a year, 100.00 value there two, that is why I will keep the card in addition to what you stated and the priority boarding, love that too!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by Tochenzo
And if I've read the Guide to Benefits correctly, they will reimburse you for lodging and meals up to 300.00 per ticket due to an overnight delay (or more than 12 hours) due to inclement weather. You are almost always on your own if weather causes the delay. This is a very nice perk.

Primary car rental insurance along with club passes and free first bag for you and a companion makes the fee very doable.

Going to keep this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.