Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by chrisj500
I have an exiting One Pass Mastercard obtained early 2012, that has been converted to a Mileage Plus Mastercard...

From the current terms and conditions:

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing United MileagePlus Visa cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

The wording has changed since earlier in the year... I've never held the Visa version, so I wonder if I'm in the clear to get a 2nd bonus.
Yes - I had an identical situation and got the Explorer card with the full bonus while I still had the OnePass card (which I subsequently cancelled).
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by whynotnow
The link is showing you need to spend 1k in the first 3 months now . Is it only me or the good days are over

I'm trying to get this card for my mom and I just noticed the landing page now says $1,000 spend within first 3 months as well. Did this just change?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: Spg ua sw
Getting Miles Through Shopping Portal

First time poster here, but I have been busy reading up on the forum and ready to jump into this thing you have going.

I am trying to get the United card by following the steps outlined in this thread. I currently don't have any miles in my account, so I went thru the portal and bought something I needed anyway from the orange big box. How long does it take for the miles to post in my account?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wannaflyfree
First time poster here, but I have been busy reading up on the forum and ready to jump into this thing you have going.

I am trying to get the United card by following the steps outlined in this thread. I currently don't have any miles in my account, so I went thru the portal and bought something I needed anyway from the orange big box. How long does it take for the miles to post in my account?
Weeks to Months if you even get it. That is, if your purchase is even tracked correctly. Two things work against you, HD is slow in reporting purchase, Cartera, the company runs the portal, is notoriously in "losing" transactions. This is a very unreliable method.

Go sign up dining program and eat out once. Miles will post within 7 days to the Dining program then a few days to your UA account. This is the easiest and painless way.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 12, 2012 at 9:37 am
Old Jul 12, 2012, 9:32 am

Programs: Work in progress.

Though the T&C state much longer periods, my points were deposited within 2 weeks.

What offer are you seeing? I think the original offer for the 65k points after first purchase + $50 credit has expired. The offer in place now is with minimum spend.

Let me know if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by jatink129
Though the T&C state much longer periods, my points were deposited within 2 weeks.

What offer are you seeing? I think the original offer for the 65k points after first purchase + $50 credit has expired. The offer in place now is with minimum spend.

Let me know if I'm wrong.
The offer I see is the 40K offer, but I as I understand you need points in your account to see the 50K offer. The 1K min spend isn't an issue.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Weeks to Months if you even get it. That is, if your purchase is even tracked correctly. Two things work against you, HD is slow in reporting purchase, Cartera, the company runs the portal, is notoriously in "losing" transactions. This is a very unreliable method.

Go sign up dining program and eat out once. Miles will post within 7 days to the Dining program then a few days to your UA account. This is the easiest and painless way.

Thanks, good information to know, I will sign up for a dining program and give that a shot while I wait for my HD miles to post if they ever do.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:29 am

So what's the current deal with this card? spend $1k and get back 50k miles? 60k? or 65k?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
So what's the current deal with this card? spend $1k and get back 50k miles? 60k? or 65k?
The deal has always been 50K + 5K for AU + 10K after 25K spend in a calender year. Now it appears you need 1K spend to get the initial 50K. Of course I cant't confirm without miles in my account, as soon as some miles post I will report back.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: A bunch
When/where did $1000k spend start coming into play?? i havent heard that one yet. It was always first purchase. Anyone confirm?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
When/where did $1000k spend start coming into play?? i havent heard that one yet. It was always first purchase. Anyone confirm?
See Post 529 and Post 542. Read back a couple pages. That is how we learn about the change (to the worse).
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
The passes arrive approx 2 months after you get your card.
Do they? I was told by 2 different CSRs that the passes come at the end of the first year as a cardholder. That makes little sense and I like your answer a lot better anyway, so I hope you're right.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Do they? I was told by 2 different CSRs that the passes come at the end of the first year as a cardholder. That makes little sense and I like your answer a lot better anyway, so I hope you're right.
The T&C says at anniversary. In reality they came in about 2 to 3 months time. Many have received such including us.

Though with United Club's current state, I would not have any expectation on the club.

Go to UA forum you would find the latest complaints.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
My significant just received her two passes. Approximately 3 months from activating her card.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, good information to know, I will sign up for a dining program and give that a shot while I wait for my HD miles to post if they ever do.
I had a dine on June 29. The miles posted a few days ago. So it takes about 10 days from the restaurant visit to the miles actually in the account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.