Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Xelint
Is there a 65K United Business Explorer card offer? All I can locate is the 40K one?
You and me both! Where is it?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:52 am

Just got my 50,000 miles posted for the two cards I recently received. Everything went flawlessly. I still haven't received the 10,000 points for adding a companion. Does that typically come later?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by dontippet
Just got my 50,000 miles posted for the two cards I recently received. Everything went flawlessly. I still haven't received the 10,000 points for adding a companion. Does that typically come later?
It's 5k for adding a user..and 10k after another $25k in spending.

I added a user when I was applying for the card..and when my points posted, they posted along with the extra 5k ... total 55k.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by jatink129
It's 5k for adding a user..and 10k after another $25k in spending.

I added a user when I was applying for the card..and when my points posted, they posted along with the extra 5k ... total 55k.
Similar here, DW added AU when she activated the card. The extra 5K in points posted with the second statement (first was too close to account activation).
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:34 pm

Currently I have four Chase cards (SW personal and biz, Sapphire Pref and BA). April was the last activation. Could I apply for the UA Explorer, hoping to not receive instant confirmation, and call the reconsideration line to switch out one of the cards?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:48 pm

Is there a 65K United Business Explorer card offer? All I can locate is the 40K one?
Is there a link to the 40k Biz card as all I'm able to find is the 35k offer.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
Currently I have four Chase cards (SW personal and biz, Sapphire Pref and BA). April was the last activation. Could I apply for the UA Explorer, hoping to not receive instant confirmation, and call the reconsideration line to switch out one of the cards?

You could try but be aware that I called the reconsideration line in June and they told me I had applied for too may cards recently ( not just chase cards) and refused to move credit around. I could have called again but figured I would just wait 6 months

If you don't need the miles now just wait until October is my advice
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by jetsarefast2
If you've only applied for one card this year, or maybe 2 then I say go for it. I did 2 chase cards within about 35 days earlier this year and went thru fine after a call - and those were my 6th and 7th Chase cards (though some are quite old-ish, been w/them about a decade). I'm going to chill w/Chase for the rest of the year now probably, maybe one more card if they offer 60k+ for it.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 9:53 am

Exclamation Noob question warning

I'm trying to get my Mom an award flight to Europe asap and want to sign her up for this deal.
So far I understand the first step is to set up a MileagePlus account for her and the next one is to get some miles into the account for the link to work.

Questions:

1. What is the quickest way to get some miles into the new account?
2. Is there a free way to instantly transfer some miles or points from someone else?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by YaYa76
I'm trying to get my Mom an award flight to Europe asap and want to sign her up for this deal.
So far I understand the first step is to set up a MileagePlus account for her and the next one is to get some miles into the account for the link to work.

Questions:

1. What is the quickest way to get some miles into the new account?
2. Is there a free way to instantly transfer some miles or points from someone else?

Thanks in advance!
Quickest way is to transfer 1000 Ultimate Rewards Points to her MileagePlus account. It is free and instantaneous!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
sharka

Is there a link to the 40k Biz card as all I'm able to find is the 35k offer.

I can only find the 35k too is there still a 40k or better?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Can I get a 2nd bonus for this card? I got my first one last fall, cancelled it after 6 months, and now got the 65K offer in the mail today. Just wondering if it's possible to get the bonus twice. Has anyone done this?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Can I get a 2nd bonus for this card? I got my first one last fall, cancelled it after 6 months, and now got the 65K offer in the mail today. Just wondering if it's possible to get the bonus twice. Has anyone done this?
No.

Worse, Chase would give you the card assuming your credit profile passes its criteria - and then no bonus, with a nice letter to tell you why.

Too many people confuse the marketing material with the actual card application / bonus issuance - the marketing material is sent out based on the list(s) Chase used to show them "potential credit worthy customers who may be interested in this card". It does not do any cross-checking whatsoever whether the recipient would qualify for the bonus which, has long been Chase policy, one time only unless it is a different product.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:51 pm
Suspended

i already have this card since april and got 55k something bonus, 3 days ago, I received same offer for same card in mail.
can't apply and get it again right? the offer has $1k spend req within 3 months
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: United, Delta, American
How long did it take you to receive the actual credit card in the mail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.