Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyguy86
can the two lounge passes included with the card be used at other star alliance lounges? I'm going to be in Thailand, and Germany later this year and it would be nice to use some lounge passes.
No. It is only good for United Club's own locations.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blueflamingo
I was hoping someone with actual experience of successfully applying for the new card after having a current, open UA MP card could be a little more helpful, a little less condescending.

The offer is still valid, as I'm able to access it from my toddler's account.
There are several posters who have MULTIPLE, existing original UA cards plus converted CO card, and still got the offer came up, applied, and got the bonuses. The posts are buried in this thread which if you have read the entity as you claimed, may be you missed them totally. Though the question about if one has existing card would get bonus or not has come up many many times and answers from real data have also come up equal times. Hard to miss those data points if one truly follows the thread. Try to find those posts and PM the poster(s) about how they did it?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:51 pm

Nope, still condescending, with a distinctly unhelpful and rather jerk-y edge.

1) How can I apply online if three different browsers on two different computers won't let me access the offer link? I already explained that I am following the directions previously outlined in the last 300 posts, which I have read TWICE now to ensure I didn't miss something.

2) Of all the folks who posted that they were able to get the card while having a current UA/CO card, many said they "got" the card without elaborating (they just applied online, or they called, or SM'd). Yes, I could PM them, but how would that share information with others who may have the same question?

Oh, wait, this is Flyertalk. It's all about hiding information from the noobs and those not deemed "worthy" enough to read between the lines.

At least I didn't ask if it would work on my new, 0 balance UA MileagePlus account. Or ask if the offer was still valid without checking it for myself first.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA
How long does it take to get your miles deposited into your united account after you made your first purchase, did you have to wait for your cc statement to close? I know its says 6-8weeks but just trying to find out how soon?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Carson818
How long does it take to get your miles deposited into your united account after you made your first purchase, did you have to wait for your cc statement to close? I know its says 6-8weeks but just trying to find out how soon?
For me and my wife, 1st statement after 1st purchase
for me, it's 14 days after I applied and 5 days after I received the card.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you expect others to search the thread for those posts that indicated the posters have existing UA cards?

2) Of all the folks who posted that they were able to get the card while having a current UA/CO card, many said they "got" the card without elaborating (they just applied online, or they called, or SM'd). Yes, I could PM them, but how would that share information with others who may have the same question?

Oh, wait, this is Flyertalk. It's all about hiding information from the noobs and those not deemed "worthy" enough to read between the lines.
And you think others have the obligations to share the information with you or the public forum? Or you think it is your entitlement that others should share it publicly?

Besides, if you so unlike the Flyertalk community, why not go somewhere else for your seeking for help?

If you want others to help you but you dont want to nicely PM those who have successfully do it in similar situation, then good luck and keep waiting for someone who would post it after s/he sees your entitlement post.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 4, 2012 at 6:36 pm
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
2) Of all the folks who posted that they were able to get the card while having a current UA/CO card, many said they "got" the card without elaborating (they just applied online, or they called, or SM'd).
I think I was pretty clear when I posted a while back about mine.
Canceled CO Onepass Mastercard, applied for UA Visa Explorer. Got 30,000 instead of 50,000, but they added on 20,000 after a couple calls.

Right now I would like to score an UA for my sister, but can't seem to get more than the "up to 40,000" offer.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:54 am

1) How can I apply online if three different browsers on two different computers won't let me access the offer link? I already explained that I am following the directions previously outlined in the last 300 posts, which I have read TWICE now to ensure I didn't miss something.

At least I didn't ask if it would work on my new, 0 balance UA MileagePlus account. Or ask if the offer was still valid without checking it for myself first.
Since Flyer Talk doesn't seem to suit your style, maybe you should pursue advice from another source.

Oh wait, I forgot-nobody gets upset enough to leave, just upset enough to write critical posts. They only leave when they think they can't get something for free anymore.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: Several dozen
This game is an art, not a science. Paint by numbers does not work well here because the banks and airlines keep changing the colors.

And yes, much activity is not posted because those who laughed and shook their fist at the gods saying "posting secrets doesn't matter" got crispy crittered when the lightening came down from the heavens and incinerated them and the mint deal.

PM those you need to.

Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Jesperss
Miles and credit come with the first statement. As far as passes, I believe they come after you renew the card for the second year.
Of course they post the day after I inquire on here...

Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:00 pm

Mahalo, Dave.

I did go looking for the information in another source, and found it here, in Dariaus' links to airline credit cards: http://millionmilesecrets.com/credit...-credit-cards/ linked to http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/0...nited-60000-2/

For whatever reason, I could not get the link on the first page of this thread (the one to the 65K and $50) to work for me or my husband. HOWEVER, I was able to click on this link https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn60kAFW.aspx from MMS to just the 60K miles, no statement credit and not only did it work, but it was approved instantaneously!

Incidentally, while I was arguing with Happy on Monday, my husband actually called Chase and they told him he couldn't get a new card because his current UA MP card has a $25K credit limit. They wanted him to close that card and re-apply for the new card, with no bonus miles and only a 5K credit limit, but he needs the higher limit for business travel so he told them no thanks.

Will be interesting to see what the limit is on this new card - may have to call the recon line to cancel the first UA card and shuffle credit lines around and "oh, and by the way, what about this 65K/$50 offer?" Do I dare tempt the miles/points gods?

MountainTrader, I was planning to leave (in a huff, no less - aren't those the best exits?) but I'd like to contribute as well as benefit. JapanFlyer, perhaps the link I posted above will work for your sister?

Last edited by blueflamingo; Jun 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Data point: signed up for Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa on 4/3, miles posted 4/21, received 2 club passes today 6/6. Validity through 6/30/2013 (over a year).

Now that I have foreign *G, I might just give them away to friends ...

Edit: Forgot to mention, the rep told me during activation that I would only receive those upon renewal.

Last edited by amolkold; Jun 7, 2012 at 7:39 pm
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
Data point: signed up for Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa on 4/3, miles posted 4/21, received 2 club passes today 6/6. Validity through 6/30/2013 (over a year).

Now that I have foreign *G, I might just give them away to friends ...
Thanks for the data point. My 2 passes are supposed to be on the way too - we will see.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
United Card - Applying when you already have the Continental Card

Posted on here previously, originally applied and received the Continental Card in 3rd/4th quarter of 2011. I received the bonus points (think it was 50,000). Applied for United Card for 65,000 points (50,000 bonus +10,000 after X amount of spend +5,000 for adding authorizer user +50 statement credit). I was not instantly approved, but called a couple days later. I was approved and card sent out to me. They transferred my credit line from the CO Card to the United Card and closed the CO Card account.

I received my $50 credit on my statement and the 50,000 United points just posted to my account today. It took about 4 weeks from original approval date. Girlfriend did the same on the same date and hers posted today too.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
HOWEVER, I was able to click on this link https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn60kAFW.aspx from MMS to just the 60K miles, no statement credit and not only did it work, but it was approved instantaneously!

JapanFlyer, perhaps the link I posted above will work for your sister?
Thanks for the link, but when I clicked it switched me to: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn40kAFW.aspx

Deleted cookies for Chase, UA and theexplorercard.com but still no luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.