Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: United, SPG
The offer for the 65,000 United Miles + $50 Statement Credit is still active.

You have to sign up for the lower 40,000 offer and then send Chase a secure message with the 65,000 + $50 statement credit screen shot.

If you sign up for the regular 60,000 offer, and try to get the $50 statement credit later, you most likely won't get it.

If anyone needs the 65k + $50 statement credit screenshot, just PM me with your email address and I'll send you the screenshot along with the wording to send to Chase via secure message.

Everyone who has submit a secure message to get bumped up to the higher offer, has been approved.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by onesweetworld
If you sign up for the regular 60,000 offer, and try to get the $50 statement credit later, you most likely won't get it.
Did you mean to say the regular 65,000 offer or regular 60,000 offer? I'm still seeing a 65,000 offer (with no statement credit).
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I put in an app for this card for my husband with the 50K first use, $50 statement credit offer page used while logged into his UA account. I did not get card instantly approved with an annual income above $100K and a high credit score. Got the message they will consider and notify by mail. Chase has been taking 2-3 weeks on other cards I've applied for to get approvals.

Is there a phone number to call for talking to Chase to ask for an expedited consideration?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
Is there a phone number to call for talking to Chase to ask for an expedited consideration?
Chase reconsideration line 888-245-0625
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I bought 2000 miles for my sis, and the next day it cleared into her account. Then when she logged in she was bumped up to the 65,000 offer (50,000+5000+10,000 for a big spend).
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:17 pm

I can see the offer.
I applied for a Chase Priority Club Rewards card in May and got it. Should I wait a few more months before applying to this one? I am not sure how a credit check in may will affect this outcome, but then again I wonder how long will this offer be there?
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Posted on here previously, originally applied and received the Continental Card in 3rd/4th quarter of 2011. I received the bonus points (think it was 50,000). Applied for United Card for 65,000 points (50,000 bonus +10,000 after X amount of spend +5,000 for adding authorizer user +50 statement credit). I was not instantly approved, but called a couple days later. I was approved and card sent out to me. They transferred my credit line from the CO Card to the United Card and closed the CO Card account.

I received my $50 credit on my statement and the 50,000 United points just posted to my account today. It took about 4 weeks from original approval date. Girlfriend did the same on the same date and hers posted today too.
Thanks for the data point, CrashDavis! This is exactly what I was looking for!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:32 pm

Just a data point to help.

Multiple readers have reported getting the "bump" after applying through the regular link in the past week, so it is definitely still working as of today.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ivankannan
I can see the offer.
I applied for a Chase Priority Club Rewards card in May and got it. Should I wait a few more months before applying to this one? I am not sure how a credit check in may will affect this outcome, but then again I wonder how long will this offer be there?
General rule of thumb is to wait 90 days between personal Chase applications. However, I've had some success getting 2 Chase personal cards within a week of each other. I had to call reconsideration for both but was able to get approved for them.

I wouldn't suggest it, but if you are worried it might go away, maybe its worth the risk?

How many other Chase cards do you have? You'd probably have better luck if you have less cards.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by civico
General rule of thumb is to wait 90 days between personal Chase applications. However, I've had some success getting 2 Chase personal cards within a week of each other. I had to call reconsideration for both but was able to get approved for them.

I wouldn't suggest it, but if you are worried it might go away, maybe its worth the risk?

How many other Chase cards do you have? You'd probably have better luck if you have less cards.
I just have one chase debit card and recently got this Platinum Rewards card. The only other credit card that I have had for about two years now is a secured bank of america credit card in good standing (and looks like Macy's card also shows up as an account in good standing but I have never used it). I have not yet got the first statement of the platinum card so haven't paid anything yet.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
I put in an app for this card for my husband with the 50K first use, $50 statement credit offer page used while logged into his UA account. I did not get card instantly approved with an annual income above $100K and a high credit score. Got the message they will consider and notify by mail. Chase has been taking 2-3 weeks on other cards I've applied for to get approvals.

A little advice, NEVER put your income in a public forum or an email. Even if it's not exact, there is just no need for it and makes you a target. Same thing with people putting how much they spend on a card, keep that stuff private as much as possible
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by ivankannan
I just have one chase debit card and recently got this Platinum Rewards card. The only other credit card that I have had for about two years now is a secured bank of america credit card in good standing (and looks like Macy's card also shows up as an account in good standing but I have never used it). I have not yet got the first statement of the platinum card so haven't paid anything yet.
I'd say that your chances are pretty good at getting approved for the United Explorer even though you just got the Priority Club. You will probably have to call the reconsideration line and state your case as to why you want the United Explorer.

Your odds will increase if you wait 3 months, but its your call. If you need the United miles soon, go for it. If not, then waiting probably wouldn't hurt.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: everything
Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Posted on here previously, originally applied and received the Continental Card in 3rd/4th quarter of 2011. I received the bonus points (think it was 50,000). Applied for United Card for 65,000 points (50,000 bonus +10,000 after X amount of spend +5,000 for adding authorizer user +50 statement credit). I was not instantly approved, but called a couple days later. I was approved and card sent out to me. They transferred my credit line from the CO Card to the United Card and closed the CO Card account.

I received my $50 credit on my statement and the 50,000 United points just posted to my account today. It took about 4 weeks from original approval date. Girlfriend did the same on the same date and hers posted today too.
Did you get the Chase Continental Card before or after 7/19/2011?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 2:37 pm

Should I go for this? Or do I have time?

Originally Posted by civico

How many other Chase cards do you have?
My wife and I each got the Chase BA 50k card about 2.5 weeks ago. Not nearly long enough for the 90 days before applications. What are people's opinions on applying for the United and trying to get the bump? Is it worth it? Do you think the time frame is too tight and I should take advantage of it now? Or will this be around for a while?

This BA card is our only Chase card.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Merice107
My wife and I each got the Chase BA 50k card about 2.5 weeks ago. Not nearly long enough for the 90 days before applications. What are people's opinions on applying for the United and trying to get the bump? Is it worth it? Do you think the time frame is too tight and I should take advantage of it now? Or will this be around for a while?

This BA card is our only Chase card.
I did my the reverse of yours, with 30 days between apps and got approved after calling in for recon. Fairly long time Chase CC customer w/more than a handful of cards with them. I'd say wait a couple weeks and then go for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.